Repro NKS Image and Database files missing

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’ve just installed Repro but I’m missing the thumbnails and category/vendor is not showing in Maschine. I’ve had a look and am missing the Image and Database folders. I tried reinstalling both Maschine and Repro but still not there. Obviously rescanning my library has no effect as the files aren’t actually there.

Could someone please provide me with the NKS image and database files for Repro?

Thanks
Alex
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

https://u-he.com/products/repro/

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, there's a download link to the NKS preview files.

Reefius wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:31 pm https://u-he.com/products/repro/

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, there's a download link to the NKS preview files.

No, not the audio previews. I have those and they installed and work just fine. I am talking about the thumbnails being missing, and the category and Vendor information being missing. For this you need the "images" and "dist_database" folders that contain the images and meta data. I am missing those folders.

Those thumbnails (and other needed files) are included in the Repro installer.

When you start Komplete Kontrol or Maschine for the first time after installing the plugin and its NKS content, they will look for those files and copy them to their location.
But if, for example, the plugin's data folder was moved manually after installation, then Maschine/Komplete Kontrol won't be able to find the needed files.

The problem is that they will only look for those files once. So if they did not find them, they won't bother to try again. That's a problem of the NI software.

To fix it, you might have to reinstall the plugin, and you might have to completely delete the Maschine database, so it can rebuild and then also scan for the Repro files again.

Best to contact our support, so we can help you with this.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:40 am Those thumbnails (and other needed files) are included in the Repro installer.

When you start Komplete Kontrol or Maschine for the first time after installing the plugin and its NKS content, they will look for those files and copy them to their location.
But if, for example, the plugin's data folder was moved manually after installation, then Maschine/Komplete Kontrol won't be able to find the needed files.

The problem is that they will only look for those files once. So if they did not find them, they won't bother to try again. That's a problem of the NI software.

To fix it, you might have to reinstall the plugin, and you might have to completely delete the Maschine database, so it can rebuild and then also scan for the Repro files again.

Best to contact our support, so we can help you with this.
The data folder hasn’t been moved. It’s not that Maschine can’t find them, it’s that the files aren’t there. I checked. So deleting the database and rescanning won’t help. I tried reinstalling Repro but it didn’t help, the required files are still not installed.

I contacted support yesterday but am still waiting for a reply. Hopefully they can help.

acid alex wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:54 am I contacted support yesterday but am still waiting for a reply. Hopefully they can help.
Can you please check your spam folder? I replied in detail to your support ticket yesterday afternoon, with instructions on how to fix the problem.
Since you had manually removed the needed image files, a simple rescan of the database won't solve your issue.
Manually removing those files is not recommended, because of the way Maschine handles them.

There's a peculiar thing with u-he's products where they seem to require two folders with the same data inside to work. It looks like this over here:

This is unlike any other 3rd party NKS product I've seen, not sure the reasoning. Maybe 32- vs 64-bit, dunno.

The same thing is with "dist_database" folder. Also note that the .meta file in the longer/gibberish folder also needs to have the same gibberish filename. For example, Repro-1 folder has "repro-1.meta" inside it, but "repro-1x64_f9760b58103bc8037028c017e882c6a9" should have "repro-1x64_f9760b58103bc8037028c017e882c6a9.meta" inside of it. However the two .meta files should be identical content-wise, just the name is different.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:25 pm There's a peculiar thing with u-he's products where they seem to require two folders with the same data inside to work. It looks like this over here:
The one without the number is the 32bit one, and the one with that weird number at the end is the 64bit one.
That's why it's impossible to manually copy the files there, in case you deleted them (because you would need to know that random number).

We don't know where that weird number comes from.
You can check that our folders initially don't have those numbers.
E.g. look at them in the Diva.data\NKS\Diva\PAResources folder.
Those numbers seem to be added by NI at the moment they get copied to the NI Resources folder.

Yeah seems to be. Pretty weird. But what's even weirder is that I never had a 32-bit version of your plugins installed, at least not to my recollection. So not sure why it would create both folders.

(Also, I think the random chars are some sort of hash based on 32-bit folder name, so they should be consistent regardless of machine. Just a wild guess but it makes sense to me. I've seen this sort of thing with preview audio files for presets embedded into Reaktor ensembles... they are definitely some sort of UID.)

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:26 pm Yeah seems to be. Pretty weird. But what's even weirder is that I never had a 32-bit version of your plugins installed, at least not to my recollection. So not sure why it would create both folders.
I can only speculate, but I guess they do not check for 32 and 64 bit installations, they simply grab everything they find in the PAResources folder and copy it to their location. And the PAResources always contains both folders, the one for 32bit and the one for 64 bit (afair).
Would be really great if they would stop adding those numbers to the 64bit folders, but getting NI to implement improvement requests isn't easy. :)

Hi,

I’m having the same problem with the images files folder with Repro 1 and 5. Is anyone kindly enough to send me this folder with the images so I can place them in the correct foldet?

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

carmomi wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:43 am I’m having the same problem with the images files folder with Repro 1 and 5.
Once they are gone, there is only one safe way to get them back.

Quit Komplete Kontrol if it's currently running.
Reinstall Repro, to make sure the files are in the place where Komplete Kontrol will find them.

Now move, rename or delete the whole "NI Resources" folder.
By just moving or renaming it, you will have a backup you can revert to if anything goes wrong.

You will find the folder here on Mac:
/Users/Shared/NI Resources

And here on Windows:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources

Now you can start Komplete Kontrol.
It will now start rebuilding the NI Resources folder.
Depending on how many NKS plugins you have installed, this can take a few minutes.
One by one, all your instruments will reappear with the correct preview graphics. Once it's done, you might have to quit and restart Komplete Kontrol again to make it display all plugins in the correct order.

Please note that all this is due to how NI handles these files.

Now move, rename or delete the whole "NI Resources" folder.
By just moving or renaming it, you will have a backup you can revert to if anything goes wrong.
Don’t delete it if you have any other third party NKS. As they won’t automatically get updated. Only NI stuff will

Dp

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:30 am Don’t delete it if you have any other third party NKS. As they won’t automatically get updated. Only NI stuff will
Uhm, we are a third-party, and that's how to get the files back in place and Komplete Kontrol to actually recognize them.

Return to “u-he”