5%
Nemesis
6%
Saurus 2
10%

Total votes: 237

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I only have Icarus2 from Tone2, and its a nice piece of software. It is quite deep, and the sound design possibilities are huge. Factory presets are great, so if you don't want to create presets it's also good. The effect sequencer is kinda unique in synths, and the drum sequencer is cool with all of its presets.
Plus one thing to mention: it's a synth with wavetable editor, and there are many special tools in Icarus, that leads to sounds that inspire.

LeVzi wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:28 am
buzz1 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:06 pm Don't like any of them.
There is a generic plasticy,sterile sound to them that is difficult to describe but clearly audible. To me anyway.
When I read stuff like this, I wonder if there is a problem with their hearing. Not that my hearing is great anymore, but I don't hear anything plasticky.

I think people have said this many times in the past when just trolling Tone2, and its stuck inside peoples heads and they actually believe they hear it now.
Yep, and I bet if you put a Tone2 synth side by side with other synth audio examples they wouldn't be able to pick out that supposed "sound" it has.

i've owned all of the above (except warlock), and icarus2 is my favorite: it's a great-sounding, fun-to work with plugin. (electra2 is pretty good too).

sadly, i've abandoned tone2 (uninstalled!), as they've abandoned logic users (with warlock). so it goes. but icarus2 remains a great synth...

Do you have Plugin Guru's Unify? I think you could use it to load Warlock, and then load Unify in Logic.

Examigan wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:04 pm Do you have Plugin Guru's Unify? I think you could use it to load Warlock, and then load Unify in Logic.
thanks, but have moved on; i change my synth plugins regularly anyway.. good to be challenged, and have new tools! and i may revisit icarus2 someday...

Can anyone explain difference between Gladiator and Electra?

What one do you prefer and why if you've used both?

Then there is Nemesis too... too many options :hyper:

Is there a lot of cross over between Tone2 synths?

Hi, i like the free one, it is a little monster.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:49 pm Hi, i like the free one, it is a little monster.
Wha?

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:58 pm
martiu wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:49 pm Hi, i like the free one, it is a little monster.
Wha?
FireBird
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Ah. :)

Yeah, it's cool. 32-bit only though.

rubez wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:48 pm Can anyone explain difference between Gladiator and Electra?

What one do you prefer and why if you've used both?

Then there is Nemesis too... too many options :hyper:

Is there a lot of cross over between Tone2 synths?
I don't have Gladiator or Electra but I demoed them. I do have, however, Saurus, Rayblaster, Nemesis and Icarus.

I don't know man! It is difficult to choose because they are all very different when you begin to do your presets because IMO there is no overlapping in this case, but if you are going to use only presets, then you will notice similarity in the sound.

When I first demoed Tone2 synths, I felt all of them are the same! So, I didn't bother, but then I start to delve deeper and knew the different synth engines they are using. I bought first Rayblaster and Nemesis then Icarus and Saurus later. If I want to buy a synth next, then it must be Gladiator and leaving Electra to the last one.

However, Saurus and Electra are the easiest to make your own presets while Rayblaster is the hardest (because of its unique synthesis). Nemesis uses FM but not like DX clones. So, Rayblaster, Nemesis and Gladiator are the unique ones while Icarus (wavetable), Saurus and Electra (Saurus is subtractive but not sure about Electra, I might need to demo it again).

The best thing is to download all the demos and take your time with each one (trying to do your presets also even if you can't save/load them, just having a real feel for the synth). Then buy them one buy one when you can ;)

Just a little heads up that the Tone2 synths are discounted atm at KVR and bestservice (40/47% off).

I bought way too many synths already and absolutely don't need any more, but at this price it's very tempting to finally get Electra2 :hyper: (already have Icarus2)

Electra 3 sounds much better than Icarus. Electra's sound is warm, analog and polished without being as strident as Icarus, plus Electra is like 4 synthesizers in each patch, which is impossible to do from Icarus. In Electra you can copy a layer of a sound and navigate and paste it into the one you want to easily program sounds, in Icarus it's impossible to do that. In Electra I can throw a sample of about 45 seconds but the same in Icarus is truncated. Electra is the best synthesizer on the market!

We all are entitled to our own tastes of course.
For me definitely Icarus, and seems like Markus agrees with me, ultra high end vs high end.

https://www.tone2.com/comparison.html

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Firebird
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

Return to “Instruments”