Need an empty VST coded with only GUI

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Out of curiosity, how much did you intend to pay?
My audio programming blog: https://audiodev.blog

Developers tend to smell annoying customers from miles away and will keep a healthy distance.

FAEDev wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 pm is this a job board or what?
the latter.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

hugoderwolf wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:44 am Developers tend to smell annoying customers from miles away and will keep a healthy distance.
Nah, the only thing you're smelling is your bad attitude towards customers and justifying it with some smirky bullshit.

I work with clients too in my business as a freelancer (something else).

This type of animosity is totally on you so I take you as a joke and wouldn't hire you anyway, not even for such a simple job.

Yeah, these are stressful times, but at least make sure you're not baseless when attacking someone, making you look like a total loser.

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:42 am
FAEDev wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 pm is this a job board or what?
the latter.
Fair enough, still it's beside the point of justification for this reception here which shows a bunch of adult kids.
Last edited by FAEDev on Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kerfuffle wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:40 pm Out of curiosity, how much did you intend to pay?
Well, the fair price. I was hoping I would get a quote or two and get a sense of what it would cost to deliver, but ultimately I'd pay whatever I'm supposed to pay for such a task.

Of course, after seeing the reception here, I have a little bit of less trust for any offers coming here as I see that these people here might just be coming to rip me off out of random spite or something (so I would double check any offers), that's the effect this crowd here has shown, a very professionally unwelcoming environment which shows me the type of people I am dealing with, probably miserable people.

You get professional behaviour when you show professional behaviour, and you acted very unprofessionally since the first post in this thread.
1 - Your request is half-formulated and lacks many important details/specifications.
2 - You didn't do the proper research as you don't even know how much you would pay for a job like this.
3 - Calling people miserable and adult kids sure won't get you any boost in offers.
4 (but this is just my opinion) - Presenting your job as a "quick money grind" doesn't look good at all.
FAEDev wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:20 pm Of course, after seeing the reception here, I have a little bit of less trust for any offers coming here as I see that these people here might just be coming to rip me off out of random spite or something
What an idiotic argument. And you should always double check any offer anyways.

In the time you spent here arguing, you could've built Bert's examples for free.

FAEDev wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:15 pm
hugoderwolf wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:44 am Developers tend to smell annoying customers from miles away and will keep a healthy distance.
Nah, the only thing you're smelling is your bad attitude towards customers and justifying it with some smirky bullshit.

I work with clients too in my business as a freelancer (something else).

This type of animosity is totally on you so I take you as a joke and wouldn't hire you anyway, not even for such a simple job.

Yeah, these are stressful times, but at least make sure you're not baseless when attacking someone, making you look like a total loser.
I think most of us see what has transpired here differently than you do. Again, everyone took thier time to offer REAL advice, of which you didn't care for, and then you exhibited an attitude. We have seen this a million times. 30 years ago I was you.. lol.. anyways, show some respect and humilty. participate in the process.

FAEDev wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:15 pm This type of animosity is totally on you so I take you as a joke and wouldn't hire you anyway, not even for such a simple job.
I'd like to point out that I have in no way, shape or form expressed any willingness to be hired by you, not even for more worthwhile jobs. Please refrain from even vaguely insinuating otherwise.

A friend of mine will do it €150 + any transfer fees. No DSP work is included and you'll have to deliver ALL the graphics, in the correct format that is needed for his developer setup. You'll get a 64-bit VST3 plugin with no installer, with one knob doing nothing, that you provide all the graphics for. You can not sell the plugin or make it public for download - it will be your own personal plugin that you can not share. Compatibility-checks will be done on Steinberg Cubase 13 and x64 version of VSTHost.
There's one more question: should the plugin pass-through the incoming audio or should it be muted?

I think most people would read all this and choose not to work with you. You seem like an unpleasant guy to work with, paid or otherwise.

pscorbett wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:17 am I think most people would read all this and choose not to work with you. You seem like an unpleasant guy to work with, paid or otherwise.
says the troll. listen to yourself, would you walk into a job interview and talk to someone like this?

If everyone who had no intention of applying for this job simply stayed away this would have been a non-toxic thread.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”