Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EchoBoy is almost universally considered to be one of the best delay plugins ever made. Why are you looking for anything else?

wayford wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:50 pm
wayford wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am What's everyone's opinion on Softube Tape Echoes?
After requesting a 3rd trial extension (somehow I thought maybe I was wrong previously two times), I think I'm going to pass.

Tape Echoes is a great plugin, I would say it's like a Space Echo, but can sound a bit more dirty/gritty. I demoed it against my EchoBoy and Replika XT and, while being nice, I preferred both EchoBoy and Replika XT over Tape Echoes. EchoBoy (in space echo mode) especially has a very fat sound, for a lack of a better word.

So, for everyone who is looking at purchasing Tape Echoes, I recommend saving up a bit more and just getting an all-in-one delay plugin. Replika XT is very cheap (especially here on KVR) and is wonderful.
Tape Echoes is very specialized. I would say it’s similar to RE-201 and an Echoplex when at different tape settings. I prefer this one over some other Echoplex modeled delays.

It is not an all-in-one as you’ve noticed, but it’s not made for that.

Definitely not trying to convince you to like it, or anyone else to like it, but I found it reached places where other plugins couldn’t without overlap of the ones you mentioned and many other. I have a ridiculous amount to compare to. :oops:

Not trying to sell anyone on it, but I do think this one has its place as a tool if you like these classic inspired sounds.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:34 pm EchoBoy is almost universally considered to be one of the best delay plugins ever made. Why are you looking for anything else?
One I like better is Acoustica Audio’s Lemon, but it’s f**king painful to use, even as just a mixing tool where PDC is nothing to worry about.

You just described every Acustica plugin ever. I'm waiting for UA to port the EP-34, everything else is a place marker.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:05 pm You just described every Acustica plugin ever. I'm waiting for UA to port the EP-34, everything else is a place marker.
:lol: I’ve deleted everything from them for that reason. But damn, Lemon sounds good.

I don’t know UAs EP-34, but now I’m curious. I’ll jump on YT since there’s no port.

Don't torture yourself. Better to not know. Plus, there's a cool new version of a delay you probably already own coming out on Wednesday.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:40 pm Don't torture yourself. Better to not know. Plus, there's a cool new version of a delay you probably already own coming out on Wednesday.
:hyper:

It’s so sad I still get excited about delays. :help:

Definitely looking forward to Wednesday! This is a great time of year. New hardware and software releases and announcements.

Wow .. What a buggy mess the Softube stuff is. I gave up my Plexi license to upgrade to this for 25eu

https://www.softube.com/amp-room-marshall-suite

And I get crash on desktop while loading any Softube plugin. The only solution I found is to delete the files on the AppData\Roaming\Softube folder. Also my mouse pointer some times vanishes while on the cabs page and I have to kill the DAW. Disabling the OpenGL did not solve it for me.

Also upon restarting the PC (w11, 14900k, rtx4090) the desktop background was missing with only the softube and an ilok update being the only things I installed the last days.
Last edited by Sindikhate on Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I had some issues with Softube and after disabling the OpenGL, I then restarted my comp and Softube played nicely afterwards.

It did not help here. There is something on the settings saved on the .txt files on the location I mentioned earlier that is causing it.

Also they take ages to load (and it is not my pc to fault for this, you cannot get faster single core than this unless you go KS and it is not a big difference).

I will play on the "delay" discussion.

Imperial delay (yes the Elton John one for those old enough to remember that thread) and U-He Colour Copy are really great delays and sadly they are not mentioned enough. I also like the delay they added on Cubase not long ago. Lemon is great too. I own almost all the good delays.. but I guess that is because reverbs tend to be much more expensive to manage to own them all. :dog: :lol:

I hear you on load times. I really like how Softube stuff sounds but it's also true I use it less just because of those load times.

@wayford: I just saw this on FB, not sure if the code is still good:

Sonimus is offering 50% off on TuCo Compressor - $39 (reg. $79) - until April 29.
Use the code: TUCO39
(Available for the first 50 offers only.)
https://sonimus.com/products/tuco
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

soundbylaura wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:45 pm @wayford: I just saw this on FB, not sure if the code is still good:

Sonimus is offering 50% off on TuCo Compressor - $39 (reg. $79) - until April 29.

Thank you!

t.o.t.s. wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 pm I hear you on load times. I really like how Softube stuff sounds but it's also true I use it less just because of those load times.
This is me with Arturia plugins. No idea why they take 30 seconds to load, but I suspect it's the GUI loading in. The weird thing is that I've never had this problem with literally any other company. It looks like others have had the same problem over the years and Arturia has never been able to properly figure out why.

I'm guessing the answer is 'no' but is it possible to swap UA plugins for something else if you already own PolyMAX, for the Steinberg Cubase owners promotion?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”