Alternatives to Jamstix?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm necro-ing this because I still love jamstix , is it still alive ? Are there any alternatives out there ? I like the EZdrummer 3 bandmate feature but need more ! I use to have something called 'slicy drummer' which also used generative percussion rather than static midi ( i believe)

On Rayzoon forums they said they would be working on VST3 compatibility in 2024
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:50 pm On Rayzoon forums they said they would be working on VST3 compatibility in 2024
I can’t even get the Rayzoon website to load. Are you sure it still exists?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:56 pm
mumpcake wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:50 pm On Rayzoon forums they said they would be working on VST3 compatibility in 2024
I can’t even get the Rayzoon website to load. Are you sure it still exists?
I just redownloaded Jamstix after not using it for years - this thread inspired me :)

The websites working for me. Nothing quite like Jamstix. So many touches, like you can specify how much your virtual drummer plays 'in the pocket', and how they change up their behaviour during a chorus, or loud/quiet sections

Thanks it’s loading for me now. I’ve had Jamstix for a long time but never really got into it. Then MODO DRUM support was added and I was going to try to start using it, but it went dormant soon after. I’d given up hope on it. But maybe we’ll see if M1 and VST3 actually finally happens.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Looks like jamstix is dead. Any news ?

Dirk Diggler wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:43 pm Not dead at all.
https://www.rayzoon.com/index.html
October 20th, 2021

Jamstix 4.5.0 Beta 1 (PC) is now available with these changes:

"Not dead", ok, site still exist and seem to work. "At all" with no devellopmenrt in 2 and a half year ?????

It's not dead; it's resting.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Would love to see some new development but ....

What I don't understand is how Ralph (the developer) went from being very active on the community board to completely absent. He hasn't posted there since Dec. 2021. Since that time, there has been great concern expressed about the future of the product, if Ralph is ok, etc. In recent months, a couple of users have contacted Jamstiz for support and have gotten replies and assurances from Ralph about the future of Jamstix. That's after years of no news of any sort at all.

Why can't the developer be bothered for a few seconds to post about the product on his own forum where he used to be very heavily involved? Just one post?

It completely baffles me.

pough wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:22 pm It's not dead; it's resting.
It's pining for the fjords.

Return to “Instruments”