Nudist Audio Nudistort: A fun little box of weird destruction

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.nudistaudio.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=694l9Uo-5Ig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJwMyVgbSlQ

I love it when a tiny little dev pops up out of nowhere with something interesting. This definitely ain't another tube screamer plugin. :lol:

Wonderfully weird and interesting sounds indeed, but also actually useful, worth checking out the demo I think.

Best plugin release of the last five years, can't believe it is for free, I recommend charging 15 USD as an unknown dev, because plugin has no competitor, I think some people would pay this price.

but it's not free? Site says $40.

psynical wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:21 pm but it's not free? Site says $40.
On sale for $32.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Just a nitpicky note about installation on Windows: the installer is asking you where you want the uninstaller files to go. It puts the VST3 in the VST3 folder and config/presets in Public Documents.

I wish developers put more thought into their installers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:25 pm Just a nitpicky note about installation on Windows: the installer is asking you where you want the uninstaller files to go. It puts the VST3 in the VST3 folder and config/presets in Public Documents.

I wish developers put more thought into their installers.
That’s pretty standard. Where else do you want the VST3 files and presets to go by default?

DCrown wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:29 am Best plugin release of the last five years, can't believe it is for free, I recommend charging 15 USD as an unknown dev, because plugin has no competitor, I think some people would pay this price.
Did you click the wrong thread for this comment per chance?

Tappistry wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:22 pm That’s pretty standard. Where else do you want the VST3 files and presets to go by default?
I must have expressed myself poorly. Ah, irony. Those are the two things I'm fine with. What I don't like is:

1. The dialog box states, "Setup will install Nudistort into the following folder" and to me that means Nudistort will be installed into the following folder. It's not true. It's actually installing the uninstaller there and it's installing Nudistort somewhere else.

2. Installers should place uninstallers in a location that makes sense and should definitely avoid a place that shouldn't be cluttered up with uninstallers. In my opinion, "Common Files" is a location that shouldn't include uninstallers.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:10 pm
Tappistry wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:22 pm That’s pretty standard. Where else do you want the VST3 files and presets to go by default?
I must have expressed myself poorly. Ah, irony. Those are the two things I'm fine with. What I don't like is:

1. The dialog box states, "Setup will install Nudistort into the following folder" and to me that means Nudistort will be installed into the following folder. It's not true. It's actually installing the uninstaller there and it's installing Nudistort somewhere else.

2. Installers should place uninstallers in a location that makes sense and should definitely avoid a place that shouldn't be cluttered up with uninstallers. In my opinion, "Common Files" is a location that shouldn't include uninstallers.
Ok yeah that makes more sense now and I agree with you, especially on the second point. I sent the dev an email and suggested that for future versions.

Return to “Effects”