The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

markmann wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:54 pm I bought it because it sounds great. There don't seem to be a lot of presets included. Can anyone recommend good third party presets.
Did you download and install the Factory Presest folder? It's a separate download that will increase the total number of presets by several hundred.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Richard_Synapse wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:07 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:18 am Is the demo available yet? I'm interested enough to give it a try for sure. I may get around to really giving Dune a fair shake while I'm at it. I really just have so many options at this point that I get lazy about checking out things, especially subtractive synthesizers.
Should be any day now :) We had a lot of emails to answer since launch, so excuse the small delay.

Richard
Hey there. I'll definitely check out the demo when it becomes available. Does the legend Hz support MTS ESP? Quick googling says that dune supports it but the legend doesn't. I figured with a big update/ modification this is the kind of thing that could be added. Figured I'd ask you since you're around here.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Does it include that skin, or is that something you put together yourself?

Just a negative of the background bmp.

Seems you can edit most of the stuff tho, might give it a go one day.

I wonder if BigTone Studios had anything to do with this version? I know they did for the original version.

markmann wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:54 pm I bought it because it sounds great. There don't seem to be a lot of presets included. Can anyone recommend good third party presets.
Remember you have Genetics which is basically like having multiple sound designers in the plugin itself, as it will create presets for you, or at the very least give you starting points.
It’s great and a lot of fun to use. With 6 Oscillators now, and all of the new features included in this update, it’s very powerful now.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Did you download the original Legend presets from your Downloads area? Plus the free Modern Vintage presets (I think that’s what it’s called). Lots of good stuff there.

Gam456 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:43 amThe only pointless here with your thought. It's you Please move on.
So you have nothing, no facts to support your absolutely ridiculous comment. What a surprise.
cryophonik wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:36 pm Can someone confirm that Legend HZ has a true arpeggiator (i.e., it arpeggiates only the notes [+/- octaves] that I play into it)? The manual seems to infer that it does, but I’ve watched a few snippets of YouTube vids and the “Arps” all seem to look and sound like one-note-wonders played by a step sequencer.
Basically, if you leave the sequencer blank, it works like an arpeggiator. It only turns into a sequencer when you start entering pitch offsets into it. Simple and effective.
Jac459 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:38 pmThe question for me is ... Will there be an Obsession HZ ? (Or just 2 would be enough for me).
I'm not aware that HZ has any interest in doing anything else and, AFAIK, this sort of started with him.
I am more an Oberheim guy than Moog. Sorry for the blasphemy.
That's not blasphemy, that's just common sense.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:43 am ...
Jac459 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:38 pmThe question for me is ... Will there be an Obsession HZ ? (Or just 2 would be enough for me).
I'm not aware that HZ has any interest in doing anything else and, AFAIK, this sort of started with him.
Oh, I didn't know that.
While having HZ featured for this synth is cool, I don't really care he he. Maybe we can hope that the update will be successful and it will encourage Richard on this path.
I am more an Oberheim guy than Moog. Sorry for the blasphemy.
That's not blasphemy, that's just common sense.
He he, good to know I am not the only one 😜.

I gotta say, when I got my hands on the first beta, I thought the new additions were a bit crazy but you can't argue with the results. Maybe Rich took the opportunity to tweak the sound but, if so, he hasn't mentioned it. It seems the improvement in sound quality has mostly just come from the extra oscillators. That's possibly an intuitive leap someone with HZ's experience was able to make that the rest of us mere mortals couldn't possibly hope to.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:15 am I gotta say, when I got my hands on the first beta, I thought the new additions were a bit crazy but you can't argue with the results. Maybe Rich took the opportunity to tweak the sound but, if so, he hasn't mentioned it. It seems the improvement in sound quality has mostly just come from the extra oscillators. That's possibly an intuitive leap someone with HZ's experience was able to make that the rest of us mere mortals couldn't possibly hope to.
Yes fully agree, the way the oscillators interact with each others coming to the filter is just working well. It is so easy and playful... I tried to reproduce this in Phase Plant but couldn't. It doesn't work as well. Even when adding a bit of slow subtle chaos on the fine pitch and phase of each of the oscillators... It doesn't sound bad. But it sound... As expected.
Like you, I am surprised by the "touch" the sound can get just mixing a bit more oscillators in Legend HZ. A true good surprise.

abernathy wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:58 am
Did you download the original Legend presets from your Downloads area? Plus the free Modern Vintage presets (I think that’s what it’s called). Lots of good stuff there.
If you mean Modern Analog, it is a commercial soundset, it's not free.

seafire wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:03 am
abernathy wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:58 am
If you mean Modern Analog, it is a commercial soundset, it's not free.
Oops, yeah. I forgot about that.

Why not keep the original Legend for sale for people that just want the simple but good sounding Moog vibe at half the price??

Return to “Instruments”