Patchwork at Logic Pro/Rosetta mode

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all

Having an issue With Patchwork in Logic. When I open patchwork,then open a plugin hosted in patchwork and have that plugin as the focused window in the DAW it seems to be overriding some system key commands for Logic. A prime example is Space Bar will no longer work for Play/Stop and the screen just flashes as if Im executing a incorrect key command. the second I click on and refocus to the main patchwork interface, or the DAW window the key commands go back to normal. This behavior is fixed if I run Logic in Rosetta mode, but were getting to a place where that is no longer an acceptable fix and there are features in the LP11 that wont work in rosetta mode so i need to be trying to get to native mode sooner than later.

I LOVE patchwork and its become CRUCIAL to my daily workflow SO I hope we can find a fix for this. Thanks everyone

Matt Hennessy
VSOP Studios, Chicago

Are you maybe using plug-ins that are not Apple-Silicon native? In this case Patchwork loads them thru the Apple bridge when not in Rosetta mode, which could indeed cause some odd behavior as the plug-ins are hosted in another process.

This behavior presents when using all plugins, even the bluecat internal plugins. So for example, load a blue cat “Pan” plugin and this issue presents.

Ok thanks. It is really odd that the behavior is different between Rosetta and native M1. Yet another MacOS oddity to investigate...!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”