Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would anyone want to trade Superplate for EchoBoy?
Somehow I'm still here...Surprises me to this day.

Screwed up getting the Bitwig updarte plan on sale I guess, unless someone knows a shop still selling it for 50% off. :(

Gone.
Last edited by midi sentinel on Thu May 23, 2024 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

midi sentinel wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:32 am Doing some cleanups, found a duplicate serial that I have no use for. Post if you use it.

Code: Select all

Instrument: Arturia Tape MELLO-FI
 Serial Number: 9508418323040020
   Unlock Code: 6ABB9159
You need a valid Arturia account in order to register the serial. Registration URL:

https://www.arturia.com/support/registeryourproduct
Thanks for sharing although someone snagged it without posting. I wasn't able to register the code.

I just saw this in "Text only"
Total Studio Max 4 at JRRShop for $199

I just checked if there could be a further discount in my IK account, since I have 3.5 Max already, but there is not, except using Jam points.

Anyone else seeing a big sales slowdown re their listings in the used forum these days?

Examigan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:27 pm I just saw this in "Text only"

I just checked if there could be a further discount in my IK account, since I have 3.5 Max already, but there is not, except using Jam points.
That's what you get for being a loyal IK customer :dog:

Welcome to the club :wink:

There seems to be a huge number of people who are "buy only once" types of IK customers. We learn our lesson after one purchase.

IK doesn't care about existing customers, their whole pricing scheme is aimed towards new customers. So, they have good deals for someone who is not in their eco-system but absolutely horrible deals (or lack of) for someone who is. Not to mention that it takes weeks to get any response to a ticket, just to realize that response is as generic as it can be and you will probably never get anywhere if you continue trying to communicate with their support (or it will take forever).

Result is that even though I have all of their FX installed, I never even consider adding them to the track.

Yeah, I really dislike them and couldn't pass the opportunity to crap on them a bit :D

midi sentinel wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:11 pm

There seems to be a huge number of people who are "buy only once" types of IK customers. We learn our lesson after one purchase.

IK doesn't care about existing customers, their whole pricing scheme is aimed towards new customers.
I have bought in at various points over time, so I was surprised there wasn't even a small discount. I bought Samp!etank2 and SonikSynth many years ago. Later down the road I bought the upgrade to ST3, and then later on I upgraded to Total Studio Max 3.5.

TBlake wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:48 pm

You get up to an additional 30% off something that's marked down 50%. JamPoints are used on almost every transaction by those who have them, they seem popular and aren't available to people who aren't loyal IK customers.

Examigan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:48 pm
midi sentinel wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:11 pm

IK doesn't care about existing customers, their whole pricing scheme is aimed towards new customers.
I have bought in at various points over time, so I was surprised there wasn't even a small discount. I bought Samp!etank2 and SonikSynth many years ago. Later down the road I bought the upgrade to ST3, and then later on I upgraded to Total Studio Max 3.5.
I have bought Total Studio MAX 3.5 at the end of 2022. Last year, I have purchased all the new FX which they released. There is little new left, besides upgrading modo bass and modo drums.

And they want $199 for that.

Price, right now, for new Total Studio MAX 4 is $199. Same like what they are asking for an upgrade.

So yeah, they can go screw themselves.

I rarely have buyer's remorse, but oh boy, do I regret buying this steaming pile of garbage.

Oh well. That's how we learn what to avoid 🤗

Maybe if it was $99 after using Jam points then I might upgrade, but it's about $140 for me using my points. Someone new to IK can get it (without everything I bought previously) for $199.

Also I think it's a rather short sale, only on until June 4th unless I read that incorrectly somewhere.
Last edited by Examigan on Thu May 23, 2024 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Examigan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:44 pm Maybe if it was $99 after using Jam points then I might upgrade, but it's about $140 for me using my points. Someone new to IK can get it (without everything I bought previously) for $199.
$167.99 with code GROUP

https://www.jrrshop.com/ik-multimedia-total-studio-max

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:26 pm
TBlake wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:48 pm

You get up to an additional 30% off something that's marked down 50%. JamPoints are used on almost every transaction by those who have them, they seem popular and aren't available to people who aren't loyal IK customers.
You can't be serious...

My deal seems worse when I think someone going to JRRShop can use that group code and get a deal that’s only about $29 more than what deal I’d get with my points.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”