Behringer synth speculation

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't know if there's an all in one thread because I didn't look and this will get merged if there is :hihi:

Interesting new pic just dropped.

Which one are you speculating about? I think they’ve all been announced, just waiting for them to be released… in 2035
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

I'm not speculating on any of 'em, I'm just posting the picture, and here because I don't believe there's a dedicated thread for speculation and gossip.

As for the picture, I'm guessing at least one telephone exchange aficionado will appreciate some flesh to the anticipation bone.

I think it's positive news that they'll be released soon (this year?).

JT-16 [Jupiter 8]
Wave [PPG Wave]
Neptune 80 [Juno-106]
Polyeight [Polysix]
VCS 3 [EMS VCS 3]
<list your stupid gear here>

Scheduling so much gear for release and not cannibalizing sales might delay things.
The pro16 has been in the works for a while as well, so best case scenario would be a 4 octave job followed 3 months later by one with 5 and repeat, not that it's likely.
The vcs will of course be in perma dev mode just to annoy Vurtrude. :lol:

Oh don't forget the Polysource or Memory, although the concept was a fairly recent one, it is one that I consider would be in high demand. So I assume those are next year to preserve sales. Also, I would imagine the JT-16 would be around Christmas or November for those saving up for Black Friday or Christmas.

Problem for me is that I'm thirsting for all of them.

ooohhhhhh.....

Their output is impressive but their hype machine is in warp drive mode. Eventually the stuff ships.I own my share of it but you are left to guess if something is imminent or 5 years off.
Last edited by Scotty on Wed May 22, 2024 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, exactly. I find it hard to get hyped up about anything from them because who the hell knows if/when they'll release anything they announce. Either their marketing team needs to lay off the double espressos or their production team needs to start drinking more of them.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

cryophonik wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:12 pm Either their marketing team needs to lay off the double espressos or their production team needs to start drinking more of them.
😂😂😂😂awesome reply
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

Everything was great until the component shortages (and pandemic) and that threw everything off. It took six years from announcement of the UB-Xa until it was at retail. Even so, they still kept announcing stuff regardless, so indeed they are still at fault for that.

Didn't they buy some stuff that belonged to Tears for Fears? A Prophet something and something else... gave they done those yet?

Still don't like the 4 octave format, I get it, sharing the deepmind platform etc. It's limiting, for me, though better than the current trend of 3 being acceptable for a polysynth.
It's probably a cost thing, but if it's about bedroom studio space, then just make a desktop/rack.
Imagine if guitarist had the same problem and companies put out 6 strings shrunk down like ukes :lol:

The EMS is the first of their copies I would consider buying, not a bad idea at all. They hinted at a CS-80 years ago, then nothing... Those are the two synths that are more interesting for their layout and implementation than their actual voice and filter sound, so I would guess they could do a good job of it, if they ever release them.

I will very gleefully create room for one (or two) of these, when available:

the behringer-vcs-3.png

here's the original EMS users manual:

https://dl.lojinx.com/analoghell/EMSVCS3-UserManual.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”