Saving banks in VAZ.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI

Getting an e-mail to the suppliers is getting rejected so perhaps someone here has a clue?

I am having problems saving baks in Vaz Modular.

I start by editing a patch bank with pre-sets and then 'SAVE AS' a bank, when I then pick 'NEW BANK' and load in via the edit patch a new set of patches and again 'SAVE AS' but the original bank I previously saved is also filled with the same pre-sets!

Am I doing something wrong?

Help appreciated.

Flipper.

By the sounds of it, you're thinking that a VAZ Bank will store the patches you set up in the Patch List Editor, correct?

The VAZ Patch List is a separate entity from the Bank file and is not stored in it. Think of it as a sort of "favourites" list of patches.

Hope that helps.

HI

So can you store patches into banks?

Flipper.

A VAZ bank file stores settings for the Mixer, any Effects, Synths and Sequencers you have open in VAZ 2010/Modular rather than individual patches. If you've saved a Bank file containing, for example, the arrangement for a particular piece of music then all those settings and patches will be reloaded with the VAZ Bank.

However, if your host has been set up to send patch change commands to VAZ, VAZ will load those patches from the Patch List into any available Synths and overriding the settings in the Bank file. The trick is to set up VAZ 2010/Modular, saving the VAZ Bank file once you're happy with your VAZ arrangement and switch off any patch changes your host might send to VAZ for that piece.

Patches are single synths.

Banks are capture of machine state (all patches, sequences, mixers at once). Think of Banks as song set-up, because it will save Vaz's multi channel state. Whatever your synth patches are set to in your bank will be independent of any saved patch.

Vaz is multitimbral with a full 16 channel mixer, so there needed to be a way of capturing the synth state at once, not just in bits and pieces.

There's no way to save patches like an ensemble set in Reaktor or an fxb for VST with Vaz. The alternative is just to save variants on a single patch. I believe there's a 'save as copy' function that will increment up 1. So you'll get flipbass01, flipbass02, etc.

Patch files are only like 7kb in size, so it's trivial for system load, and an ensemble style bank would prohibit you from altering the signal path on the fly, a great strength for a modular synth.

Cheers,
Steve

HI

Thanks for that.

I find it very dissapointing that patches can't be saved in such a way - it makes going through pre-sets a real chore, I have posted this at STL and hope that perhaps some day this might be rectified as I think people must want quick access to a range of pre-sets?

Flipper.

Return to “Instruments”