Update :

Spectrasonics Countdown

Spectrasonics Omnisphere website
Spectrasonics Omnisphere videos

Other Omnisphere clip sightings...

Sonic State meet Omnisphere

Musotalk Video

ProducersEdgemagazine.com (8 videos)

Omnisphere Intro, Main Controls page and Main info page.
Video 1

Omnisphere's Context Sensitive browser
Video 2

Main Edit Page and Sound Sources
Video 3

Composite Morphing, Retro Sounds and Omni's Arpeggiator
Video 4

Groove Lock
Video 5

Stack Mode
video 6

Edit Page
Video 7

Edit page continued, Omnisphere FX's and pricing.
Video 8

Omnisphere core details from the FAQ... (a summary)

1. Core Library is ten times the size of Atmosphere (at least 40 - 50GB). :o

2. Omnisphere is a synth version "an extension" of Atmosphere (in some way).

3. All the Atmoshpere patches are included :o

4. It replaces Atmosphere.

5. Upgrade path available for registered users.

6. Price drop for Atmosphere.

7. Omnisphere is expandable (but not stated how exactly).

8. Sample import not ruled out for the future.

9. The plug is definitely UB.

10. Trilogy will be based on "Steam" (maybe a total re write :) )

------------------------------------------------------------------
From (18.12.07)

Just saw this ad in Computer Music Magazine issue 121 (January 2008). While Spectrum has already said IIRC that they will be at NAMM 2008 I thought I would start a poll about what it might be. :wink:

I think it will be a product(or one of the new products) that might combine all Spectrasonics products into one. Maybe not a full on sampler like Kontakt but perhaps a package that combines Trilogy, Atmosphere and RMX (maybe even Xpanded as well)...what do you think it might be?

Edit: actually judging by the globe in the pic :hihi: it might be Atmosphere 2 taken to the next level :)
Last edited by christianmusicmaker on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Since they've done Stylus (Perc & Drums), Trilogy (Bass) and Atmosphere (mainly pads), I wouldn't be surprised if they had another instrument which covered another area. Both orchestral and cinematic are good calls on the poll. I would love to see a "Leads" module.

Hoping for a world/ethnic instrument myself.
Image Image

I'm hoping for one bad-ass sequel to Atmosphere, which is natively Intel Mac compatible upon release. :P
Opax

Interesting ideas. I guess the list of possible products could be very long indeed. While upgrades to RMX, Trilogy and Atmoshpere ae very likely IMO, Spectrasonics might very well be looking at other areas that might not have been done yet, the "world /ethnic" and "Leads" are very interesting suggestions.

I guess it just shows how different our needs / desires are.

The Liquid grooves xpander covers some ethnic world /ethnic territory (I think) but a dedicated product along the lines of Motu's Ethno would certainly provide those kind of sounds on a far greater scale.

A dedicated product for leads would also be interesting as well as maybe some sort of Spectrasonic Synth like Zebra2 e.t.c. I think that has the potential to be very popular indeed even though the synth market has many excellent offerings already.

But whatever it is...acording to Spectrasonics " It has taken years to create" and "You'll need a lifetime to explore the possibillies". Just a few more weeks... 8)

I think RMX 3 is a very hot possibility. The xpander offer ends a few days before this new product or products are announced. Could be wrong but... :wink:

I think that at the very least it will be new versions of Atmosphere and Trilogy. Especially since that pic above is taken in the atmosphere... ;)

If we're lucky, there might also be a new Stylus RMX update too. I don't think there'll be any new RMX expanders for now, as they've probably been working hard on new content for the other instruments ready for release.

I wouldn't rule out other instruments too, but remember Spectrasonics is a relatively small company and they don't have limitless resources. I'm pretty confident that they will release new instruments over and above their current three...

I hope it will be Atmosphere 2. On the other side, A1 already sounds so amazing I hardly would not know what to improve. Well, wait, disk streaming of samples or some more modulation options or multi-timbral sounds or more flexible key zone and MIDI routings. The sample set of A1 is second to none, even now.

Bye,
Zuben

all this talk is getting me excited... I can't wait

The end of UVI I suspect... :!: Although I just bought PSP, for $99. But hey, good for everyone who makes music :)

DHR53 wrote:The end of UVI I suspect... :!: Although I just bought PSP, for $99. But hey, good for everyone who makes music :)
Don't want to take it too far off topic, but how are you finding PSP?

"You'll need a lifetime to explore the possibilities." This statement can only mean one thing: they've finally developed a plugin that speculates on future Spectrasonics releases. The user tells the plugin the instrument that they're most interested in, and then the plugin asks a few simple questions to determine the users depth of imagination. Using a new algorithm developed in-house by the Spectrasonics team, the plugin then generates a theory about what the next Spectrasonics release will be. :P

I posted in another thread that I think releasing RMX Expanded right before an update to RMX would be out of step with the way most software companies operate, even one as out of step as Spectrasonics (which I mean as a compliment).

I think the new item will be something we haven't seen before. It isn't like them to say "You'll need a lifetime to explore the possibilities" for an update to Atmosphere. Although, to be fair, one would probably need a lifetime to explore the possibilities of Atmosphere or RMX even without updates.

I am foregoing all the Christmas offers and group buys this month and saving my money for whatever Eric has coming. I just hope it isn't as long from announcement to fruition as RMX was (9 months if I remember correctly).
Last edited by Hewitt Huntwork on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Hasn't arrived yet... Synth Anthology is pretty awesome though, as romplers go... I hope they don't go out of business, and keep making add-ons myself! :wink:

If it were me, and it was my company ...

I'd spend the last 5 years (or however long it's been, close to that at least) to develop a stable one-code platform for all of my rompler needs. Soundsets would be interchangeable, but the core product would be feature-rich and comprehensively specified.

So, strictly speaking, I can't see that they'll be releasing true "sequels" to anything at all. But I do see them releasing a replacement product which contains its own unique core library, with expandability in the form of soundsets (a revamped Trilogy/Atmosphere soundset, for example, with new patch programming utilizing the state-of-the-art licensed FX within this new product). Very much like what hardware/software companies have done in the past to continue to make good use of their legacy sounds. It makes smart business sense, and it makes things more affordable over time, as sets can be purchased cheaper. A $99 Atmosphere set ... that sort of thing.

Likely we'll see a product which allows you to access your old Spectrasonics libraries in some new form, much as the RMX Xpanders were retooled from exisiting Akai libraries. Certainly there's not a product on the market right now that sounds quite like "Symphony of Voices", for example, and it's definitely IP that they can rework. We're not talking about dated-sounding stuff here ... SoV is still as cutting-edge sounding as when it was released 10 years ago!

So, to sum up, it will be an expandable rompler/synthesizer with a beautiful new library, while offering "classic" soundsets for current users as a replacement for their ageing Atmosphere and Trilogy products. Execution-wise, it remains to be seen. Personally I'd opt for a "one-instance-one-part" product (like Nexus), as opposed to a giant multi-timbral resource hog (like Kontakt). But that's just me. I could live with either. :D

We'll see ...

~Stu

Looking at the artwork for the ad, it's most likely Atmosphere's replacement. That's a [deserved] cash cow for Spectrasonics, and the Intel wrapper was released as only a stopgap, so that they could tie up on this. No point recoding a synth if there's version 2 just around the corner....

Spectrum, I hope your 2008 is your best year yet.... Merry Christmas to you and your team, aswell....
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Having used RMX inside several sequencers, and having arrived at various points where I didn't much need the shell sequencer except for rendering etc, as the 8 tracks, along with a good supply of my own imported Rex files seemed to make an almost complete package..i wonder if they are going ahead with a shell that will have all the instruments included in a functional sequencer...and maybe let you record along with it too.

otoh, the limited time offer for the xpander packages coinciding with the NAMM release seems to indicate a RMX type release.

Return to “Instruments”