Do you have a fav prog band, or do you hate prog?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hummm, I like Genesis and Marillion best. Used to like Rush, but I have gotten bored of them.

gong?
poisoned electrick head
the aardvarks
united states of america
and many others most would probably arent prog. but they are.

Rush. I should really listen to more. I am waiting for free digital radio.

jeffn1
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

jethro tull, for the pastoral take on prog (i just got a new copy of songs from the woods' on cd)

jeffn1 wrote:Rush. I should really listen to more. I am waiting for free digital radio.

jeffn1
I personally only recommend Rush albums from 1976 until 1982. Then newer stuff sounds a bit dry to me, and Getty can't really hit the notes anymore. I guess the same thing happened to Robert Plant.

Aphrodites Child ...

i like some Genesis with Gabriel, i like some Floyd (mostly early), don't enjoy much prog in general...i have a Gong album that's great (You), i love lots of Krautrock, i like what i like...i like a couple songs by ELP and Yes ok i suppose, i don't really hate anything...but if i really wanted to listen to great musicians i'd probably listen to jazz, i just respond to it better...shit, zeppelin was prog somewhat, i mean it was "progressive rock"...

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:i like some Genesis with Gabriel, i like some Floyd (mostly early), don't enjoy much prog in general...i have a Gong album that's great (You), i love lots of Krautrock, i like what i like...i like a couple songs by ELP and Yes ok i suppose, i don't really hate anything...but if i really wanted to listen to great musicians i'd probably listen to jazz, i just respond to it better...shit, zeppelin was prog somewhat, i mean it was "progressive rock"...
Yes, many people forget that Queen and Led Zepplin are basically prog.

early genesis, early yes, gentle giant, the strawbs, early rush, pink floyd before the wall, liked marillion fugazi in particular, ELP when the P was palmer, not powell, king crimson, zappa(i KNOW it's not prog, but on some albums he almost crossed the line) and of course jethro tull with thick as a brick, a passion play and aqualung

moogprodigy wrote: Yes, many people forget that Queen and Led Zepplin are basically prog.
No No No ... :uhuhuh:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
moogprodigy wrote: Yes, many people forget that Queen and Led Zepplin are basically prog.
You are telling me that "Stairway to heaven" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" aren't basic prog song structures?

thecontrolcentre wrote:
hey man, early Queen friggen ruled...if "prog" means "progression in rock", they both did it...BUT my friends who were into prog were only into ELP/Genesis/Yes/Pink Floyd, the least open-minded bunch of music friends i ever had...hated all punk, didn't like Kraftwerk, couldn't get Can/Faust, liked crappy classical and hated jazz...progressive my ass...

I don't know any bands from prog :shrug:

hibidy wrote:I don't know any bands from prog :shrug:
:clap:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”