eastwest issues/rant/advice needed please

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, new user here. Just recently discovered computer audio and vst stuff, so I jumped right in and bought the wonderful EastWest Complete Composers Collection, and based on stuff I read here I also bought vir2's Electri6ity.

I received everything, installed, it all works fine, but I must say that the guitars in electri6ity are WAY better than then ones in EastWest's Ministry of Rock, which despite having some great sounding "out of the box" demos on their website, I just cannot get them to sound convincing, or even usable really. They just don't sound good unless buried behind a bunch of other instruments.

Anyways, I was on their forum and noticed a new user asking for opinions on wether he should get MOR or another of their libraries, saying he was a guitarist and was looking for something very 'real' sounding. I told him that I didn't like the guitars in MOR, and he should get something else, and mentioned that he should look into vir2 like I did, as a companion product to the eastwest CCC.

The next thing I notice is that all my posts are deleted, and when I try to log in I am banned. I created a new account, sent the admin guy a private message asking what was up, his response was "Your a troll, goodbye!" and that account was also banned.

So then I opened up a support ticket with customer service, asking why I was banned and how I was supposed to get any customer service if they keep banning all my accounts (traceable by ip address I guess?)? No response, sent another, no response, so I called the customer support number, and of course they all they tell me is to fill out a support ticket online and basically hang up on me.

What I want to know here is, am I the a-hole? Or is their "admin" person on the message board the a-hole? Also, if anyone here has any ties or anything to eastwest I'd love to know how I can get out of this, as I really don't like owning a product from a company that has apparently blacklisted me from getting any customer support.

What's the deal EastWest? Why do you treat your customers like this?

Any help or advice from anyone is appreciated :)

You are not the a-hole there, eastwest are. They clean their forum of all criticism, all mention of any technical issues with any-of their stuff and ban however breaks these rules.

I have plenty of Kontakt era eastwest stuff and I also have VOP, but under any circumstances will that company ever get any money from me again.

There's really not much advice to be given, is just the way that company operates.

Had 4 of their products in my cart, was just waiting for an answer to a question I had concerning shipping before pressing the "buy" button.

Took them 3 weeks to answer a simple shipping question, time during which I found numerous stories like yours, some a lot worst.

So, when I finally got my answer, I went back to their site, but it was to delete my cart. I never, ever will buy anything from those people.
Last edited by bullshark on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, that wasn't me.

Well that sucks, I was kinda hoping it was just one guy on an admin power trip.

I always hope that companies who basically end their customer support at the point where they get your money should end up putting themselves out of business. EastWest was extremely nice and helpful until I actually placed an order and gave them money...

If you want some kind of effect, try venting it on vi-control instead. I believe some of the ew staff have been active there lately.

you can still shitmouth them at other places they can't ban you from. The best way is to let people know of your experience.

That said, specifically recommending another product on THEIR forum, was probably in bad taste. It's like if i was to go to refx nexus forum, i could say I am disappointed by an expansion, in this case it was the piano one as it was garbage, but out of common sense i wouldn;t say on the REFX forum "buy this xxxxx as it's much better".

Haha, unbelievable.

I agree with Restless, they really are a-holes if this is true.

It is true, but I have no proof of course as they deleted all my posts and threads.

And ttoz, I completely agree, but I think I handled it very well. I never said "don't buy anything from eastwest, buy this vir2 stuff instead"

It was more of a "I really like my collection, however I would recommend getting getting the electri6ity software if you are a guitarist."

Maybe I was in the wrong, I don't think so. Either way, I don't feel that I deserve to be completely shut out from any contact with the company, including support for a product i paid $1200 for, because of it.

The EastWest forum is specifically for support and discussion of EastWest prdoucts. It's not an open forum like KVR or Vi-control, where everything is up for debate.

I tend to agree with ttoz, that what you did was rude.

So I don't blame them for shutting you out for mentioning competitors products. Especially when the rules ask you not to do so. :shrug:

However that said shutting him off again and again and no second chance is not really fair either right? I mean EVERYONE deserves a second chance? He did pay $1200 after all.

@Todd, if what you say is what you said, then you didn't handle it well, i think if you sincerely apologize and take the nice route it will work in your favor. You recommended a competitors product in their forums... You got to at least realize that that was no good.

Take another example. I don;t think anyone here would recommend an alternative product in a specific company kvr sub forum. But in the general instr, effects, host, we can do what we want (within reason).. make sense?

Agreed. I just didn't put it as eloquently. ;)

ToddKc wrote:Any help or advice from anyone is appreciated :)
Considering they cut you off of any kind of support, can't you get a refund?

Seems fair to me, they don't want your business, why should they get to keep your money?

In closure, in what universe is it acceptable to insult paying customers? The guy just spent $1200.00 on your products and you call him a troll?!? WTF?!?
No, that wasn't me.

@ttoz,ben horwood:

That would be fine, okay my bad. However, there is literally no avenue for me to do so. My emails are ignored, phone calls are disconnected, and whenever I create a new account it is immediately banned.

Will you at least agree that wether or not I was in the wrong for talking about a different product on the forum, the fact that I bought their product still should entitle me to customer service for that product?

Also, I go to many forums- cakewalk, fender, dean, line 6, and different video game companies boards, and never once have I come across a company that bans you for even mentioning other companies products. Not one other than eastwest. And again, I said he should get electri6ity in addition to his eastwest products, not instead of.

I know this is what I was looking for by posting this, but I still cannot understand how you two can take their side on this. Not saying you are wrong, just that I don't understand internet message board etiquette apparently.

The company that I work for (fairly large printing company in kansas) tries to outdo the competition, not act like they don't exist. We would never turn away a customer - old or new - because they talked about a competing company. But we don't have a message board either :D
Last edited by ToddKc on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bullshark wrote:
ToddKc wrote:Any help or advice from anyone is appreciated :)
Considering they cut you off of any kind of support, can't you get a refund?

Seems fair to me, they don't want your business, why should they get to keep your money?

In closure, in what universe is it acceptable to insult paying customers? The guy just spent $1200.00 on your products and you call him a troll?!? WTF?!?
This may sound silly, but I don't even want a refund. I love the stuff that I got, I'm just concerned that someday I may need customer service for something and won't be able to contact them. They definitaly won't be getting any more of my money (not that they would even take it apparently), but I know that they don't have any return/refund policy.

ToddKc wrote: a company that has apparently blacklisted me from getting any customer support.
Just so i understand, you can't even open support tickets anymore?
Andy is a support ninja.

Return to “Instruments”