Alesis IO Dock

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone got an Alesis IO dock yet? If so what apps does it work and not work with, does the audio work with amplitube or other amp modelling app?

simon
Last edited by thebaggytrouseredone on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It works with Garage Band, the Korg Synths, and Ampkit, but still NOT for Amplitube. It sounds great, hopefully IK will add support soon. It really adds a lot to the sound quality of all the Apps I tried, highly recommended. john

Thanks for that, I definitely want one. I'll probably order one next week.

simon

princeofroles wrote:It works with Garage Band, the Korg Synths, and Ampkit, but still NOT for Amplitube. It sounds great, hopefully IK will add support soon. It really adds a lot to the sound quality of all the Apps I tried, highly recommended. john
Do you have to take the whole iPad out of the case (if you use one) to use it? If so, that really sucks. That's the one thing that has me hesitant with it. I love the Apple case, but pulling it in and out of it is a bitch.

I don't have the case, but I would guess that you would have to take it out... although once you've got it in the IO dock, you may not take it out for a few weeks:).

What's the IO Dock like for monitoring? I noticed it doesn't have an option to select monitoring from record input and or software monitoring, is the latency low when recording audio?

just confirming that the lexicon omega interface works with the iPad ( latest iOS ) through the camera connection kit. There is no need for a hub. I got I used on eBay for $70.00. It has 2 phantom powered mics inputs, inserts, line ins, spdif in and out, supports 4 simultaneous outputs without monitoring or 2 in an 2 out with mixing capabilities. It has midi as well which is supported by the iPad.

Given that it works as a general audio interface, comes with cubase le and the pantheon lexicon reverb, I consider this a great iPad add- on. -Scotty

Digital Village never seem to have these in stock. Wouldn't mind getting one next month. Would like to find out a bit more first though.

If anyone is buying it to use with Nanostudio they should be aware of certain 'issues'

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/2104

polaris20 wrote:
princeofroles wrote:It works with Garage Band, the Korg Synths, and Ampkit, but still NOT for Amplitube. It sounds great, hopefully IK will add support soon. It really adds a lot to the sound quality of all the Apps I tried, highly recommended. john
Do you have to take the whole iPad out of the case (if you use one) to use it? If so, that really sucks. That's the one thing that has me hesitant with it. I love the Apple case, but pulling it in and out of it is a bitch.
Yes you do.The dock now comes with an adaptor for iPad 2 as well
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

Chris did a couple non biased reviews on his blog...

http://www.analogindustries.com/index.php
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

risome wrote:
polaris20 wrote:
Yes you do.The dock now comes with an adaptor for iPad 2 as well
Count me out then, that's a total pain in the ass. I need the case because the iPad is used for work too, not just music. I can't be taking it in and out of it all the time.

Alesis really should have just done a box that connects to the dock, like the Apogee JAM but with more IO. So stupid.

Scotty wrote:just confirming that the lexicon omega interface works with the iPad ( latest iOS ) through the camera connection kit. There is no need for a hub. I got I used on eBay for $70.00. It has 2 phantom powered mics inputs, inserts, line ins, spdif in and out, supports 4 simultaneous outputs without monitoring or 2 in an 2 out with mixing capabilities. It has midi as well which is supported by the iPad.

Given that it works as a general audio interface, comes with cubase le and the pantheon lexicon reverb, I consider this a great iPad add- on. -Scotty
my friend has one,its like a laptop interface right? he got it and i got a tascam us-122 for our laptops,so all you need is a camera connection? or can you just get a usb adaptor? thanks

The interface has to support core audio with no need for drivers. The Tascam interfaces do not support this. In the lexicon line, only the omega will work with the iPad. Several inexpensive Behringer interfaces will work with the iPad. The omega supports audio and midi through the camera connection kit without the need for a hub which is why I picked it up.

swamp wrote:
Scotty wrote:just confirming that the lexicon omega interface works with the iPad ( latest iOS ) through the camera connection kit. There is no need for a hub. I got I used on eBay for $70.00. It has 2 phantom powered mics inputs, inserts, line ins, spdif in and out, supports 4 simultaneous outputs without monitoring or 2 in an 2 out with mixing capabilities. It has midi as well which is supported by the iPad.

my friend has one,its like a laptop interface right? he got it and i got a tascam us-122 for our laptops,so all you need is a camera connection? or can you just get a usb adaptor? thanks

the dj wrote:If anyone is buying it to use with Nanostudio they should be aware of certain 'issues'

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/2104
VSTJuNkiE wrote:Chris did a couple non biased reviews on his blog...

http://www.analogindustries.com/index.php
Oh dear. Not sounding to great is it. I wanted this mainly for MIDI control of Apps and MIDI control from Apps as well as the better audio outputs. Think I'll hold fire on the IO dock for a bit. See if these issues are ironed out or if something better appears. My first impression of the IO dock, when it was announced, was that it looked to good to be true. Might be the case unfortunately. I've certainly read enough negative stuff to put me off buying.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”