Ignite Amps + Andy Zeugs = The Anvil plug-in (PC/Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ignite Amps The Anvil Plug-In has been officially released! It is now available for PC and Intel Mac too, in both VST and AU formats.

Description:
The Anvil is a digital emulation of a three channels tube preamplifier for guitar. It has been developed to accurately model its real hardware counterpart, designed by Andy Zeugs.

Features:
− Dynamic 12AX7 / ECC83 coupled triode stages analog modeling
− Three channels: clean, rhythm and lead, each with fully separated controls
− Mono / Stereo processing support
− Selectable oversampling rate (up to 8x)
− Global input / output level controls
− Double precision (64 bit) floating point mathematical model
− Fully automatable controls
- Zero latency

Fully coded in C++

GUI

Make sure to read the manual, expecially the part about input / output levels.
Follow the instructions to install it, depending on what platform/format you use.

Download links available at:
http://www.igniteamps.com/
under the "Audio Plug-Ins" section

Thanks to Andy Zeugs for inspiring this work, for his tests and opinions and for providing reference tracks from the real hardware.

Thanks to the beta testers:
Paolo Campitelli, shirano, coreydrake, polifemo, daxliniere and FormSRAudio

Enjoy \m/

Thanks for this preamp !
Download now .........

:tu:
All three channels are high quality. Use it with some free Redwirez Marshall IRs.
Kind of like a Soldano/Mesa Boogie combo.

You get a Mesa clean channel, a hot rodded british overdrive/crunch rhythm channel, and a nice high gain saturated Mesa Boogie rectifier lead or riffing channel. Use it without a tubescreamer in front for more of a vintage sound, or tighten it up with the tubescreamer for a more modern sound, although you don't really need a pedal before it.

Just spent some hours jamming with this after work. All three channels are top quality.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6185854/kvr%20s ... sim%29.mp3
(excuse the sloppy double tracking)

It's more of White Zombie's take on it. Tried to get a darker Iommi sound though with rolling my LPs tone knob down some.

This is the rhythm channel with the gain maxed, being "treble" boosted by TSE 808 (tone all the way up, and volume up past half way , maybe it was max to hit the amp hard, i forget). The bright is not on, and the channel output is low to tighten it up, compensated with the amp's output. Some free Redwirez Marshall IRs.

Thank you very much :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Clean channel sounds also quite good on acoustic guitar.
Thanks very much.

It's a pity that there's no x64 version available. Any plans on that?

Still, I can't wait to at least give it a try when I come home tonight. Looks very promising!
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

PeterL wrote:Clean channel sounds also quite good on acoustic guitar.
Thanks very much.
...and on electric :love: Really, this is one of the best clean tones I've heard from any VST... really! Oh, and the crunch channel is really nice and meaty as well. Thanks guys!
Eternitysound VST Banks

another great one from ignite amps, cheers guys!
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Thanks everybody for the interest and for checking it out! :)
Thanks Metalifuxx for the clip! The tone works good for the genre!
It's a pity that there's no x64 version available. Any plans on that?
As soon as I move to a 64 bit environment (Windows 7) I'll start to port all the Ignite Amps plug-ins to 64 bit, so there is definitely a plan for that (I already have a 64 bit processor, but I'm on Win XP 32 bit right now).
I'll have to finish the production for a band I'm doing right now before installing Win 7.

Cheers and horns up! \m/

:D

Great news! I wish Paulin and TSE would do the same... although I have plenty paid amp sims, some free stuff is definitely top notch!

Thanks again for the great plugs!

Wild Hades wrote:As soon as I move to a 64 bit environment (Windows 7) I'll start to port all the Ignite Amps plug-ins to 64 bit, so there is definitely a plan for that (I already have a 64 bit processor, but I'm on Win XP 32 bit right now).
Yeah! Thanx a lot, man! This thing rocks seriously.

Thanx for your 64bit plans. You are very cool and generous.

Thank you for this amp :)
The clean channel is fantastic!

I don't like the rhythm and lead channels though... it has a cool crunch with high input level though when the level drops gradually there is unpleasing crackling/fizzing :/

Cheers,
Doc

Wild Hades wrote:As soon as I move to a 64 bit environment (Windows 7) I'll start to port all the Ignite Amps plug-ins to 64 bit, so there is definitely a plan for that (I already have a 64 bit processor, but I'm on Win XP 32 bit right now).
chacka wrote:Yeah! Thanx a lot, man! This thing rocks seriously.
Thanx for your 64bit plans. You are very cool and generous.
+1
"What he said."
I'll definitely keep an eye on this!
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

:clap: Thank you, very nice.

Someone had a post recently that said there was no new good freeware. Damn to me it just keeps getting better as time goes along.

Yeah, maybe it's that there are less freeware VST/Is coming out than there used to be; but the stuff that is being released these days, is generally really good.

Anyway, thanks for this one!

Return to “Effects”