FREE Soldano ampsim coming

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Amplitube 2 - Modern Hi Gain. :wink:

No fancy faceplate, but every indication is that it is in fact a Soldano. The amps which aren't named in the Amplitube 2 manual seem to be drawn from Amplitube 1, if you look at the Amplitube 1 amp names they're pretty much the same.

Sounds great, too, one of my favorite Amplitube 2 amps.

Yeah, I'm aware that many of the AT2 amps are held over from AT1. But where do you get the info on what the AT1 amps are modeled on?

Could you list the amps the 'generic' AT2 amps are modeled on that you know?

I remember reading it in a magazine interview some time ago, and others who are familiar with the software and have used IK products since AT1 back in '01 have confirmed it as well. Nothing hard and fast, I guess you could call IK and ask if it's true. I don't know why they couldn't give you a nod one way or another on that.

I'm pretty sure the Solid State Lead is a Fender, too, either the M80 or the Rockman... Those were both high gain solid states, and I know that it definitely isn't a Randall RG100ES, I asked - although it totally sounds like one to me.

There aren't that many old amps in AT2, if you look at the manual, most of them are listed... It's just the "generic" purple faceplate ones that seem to be carried over judging by their names and the names of the AT1 amps. If they already had good models why throw them away for a new product? They definitely got a boost, too, from the transition, they don't sound much like the old ones. Notably, they are way more dynamic, possibly because IK started doing their "DSM" thing with AT2. I've also got some fun tones out of the Solid State Fuzz amp, not sure what it's modeling but if you swap the EQ for a different one it sounds killer. I like the "Solid State Clean" EQ with it, I think its default EQ is the same as the Vox and that doesn't really work for it in my opinion.

Edit: I hate for this thread to get sidetracked into an Amplitube 2 discussion. This free Soldano is, seriously, one of my favorite high gain amp models I've ever used. It is absolutely MEAN, great cleans, great crunch, great overdrive, great full-on distortion, and as you can hear in the clip I posted it takes a boost very, very well. I'd pay money for it if he started charging, this thing is TIGHT.

Hey guys, after having had a few discussions with LePou, I am hosting the file on a google website so you do not have to register on another forum in order to download it.

Here is a direct link: http://sites.google.com/site/a3ntar/Hom ... edirects=0

I will be posting my impressions during the week-end, but from the few times I had to try it, this ampsim KICKs ass!! :love:

Don't forget to plug your favorite cabsim in the chain

Last edited by A3ntar on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Is it cool if I direct link that from my blog, crediting you in the process? I made an entry about the plug, here.

Agreed wrote:I'm pretty sure the Solid State Lead is a Fender, too, either the M80 or the Rockman...
Interesting.
Know any secrets about any others?

I know they compare the Solid State Clean to the Roland JC-120, but I own a JC-120, and I'll tell you they are nothing alike. The EQ controls are totally different, too. JC-120=huge and full, AT2 SS Clean=thin and weedy.

The source of a few cabs is not very clear...
Like which Fender small solidstate the 1x6 Small Combo cab is based on.
And also they list the 1x8 Combo Modern cab as being based on the Mesa/Boogie "Subway Rocker", but no such thing exists. There is a Mesa/Boogie Subway Rocket line, which has models featuring 1x10 and 1x12 cabs, but no 1x8.

They say the 1x12 Open Modern is based on the "THD Pitbull" but as far as I can tell, there is only a VHT Pitbull which is an amp head, though it did come in a 2x12 combo. No 1x12 associated with the VHT Pitbull that I can find. They do have a few 1x12 cabinets, but none under the name "Pitbull".

:shock:
Last edited by redshift factor on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Agreed wrote:Is it cool if I direct link that from my blog, crediting you in the process? I made an entry about the plug, here.
Link away :)

Thanks, man, hopefully that'll get him some more traffic. This sim is outrageously awesome.
redshift factor wrote:
Agreed wrote:I'm pretty sure the Solid State Lead is a Fender, too, either the M80 or the Rockman...
Interesting.
Know any secrets about any others?
Haha, I don't know any secrets about the ones I already said. I don't have any sort of 'inside track' or anything like that, much of my wisdom in these regards is a combination of information, deduction, simple reasoning, lucid conjecture, and sometimes abject hearsay that has been verified at one time or another by "Someone," the great "they" :) I make no guarantee of accuracy, explicit or implied :D

Yeah, I know that.
Just wondering if you had any other insight or acquired knowledge about some of these more confusing and cryptic references from AT2, being that you are someone who clearly has spent a lot of time researching, discussing, and thinking about such things. I have too, and these are the ones that still stump me...

A3ntar wrote:Hey guys, after having had a few discussions with LePou, I am hosting the file on a google website so you do not have to register on another forum in order to download it.

I will be posting my impressions during the week-end, but from the few times I had to try it, this ampsim KICKs ass!! :love:

so this is amp/head sim only , not speaker modelling as well?
if not ,can you recommend any free cabsims (i have podfarm ,but you cant run speakers alone without the amp, as far as i know.)

Alright, I just didn't want anyone to have the wrong idea. I try to be very clear about what I am and what I'm not, I don't claim any special expertise or anything like that, I've just found a niche that I quite like as a member of the review press covering a subject about which I am genuinely passionate. I'm not sure what's going on with the cabinet situation, to be honest I haven't looked into it because I tend not to use the AT2 cabinets. That's an area where they improved SO much in AT:JH and Metal (Fender goes without saying, I think, as the real pinnacle of everything they've done so far at least in terms of authenticity), so except when doing comparisons where it would not be appropriate to use non-AT2 cabinets I gravitate towards Metal or JH, which both use cabinets that are correctly labeled and/or definitely can be said to exist :hihi:

shanecgriffo wrote: so this is amp/head sim only , not speaker modelling as well?
if not ,can you recommend any free cabsims (i have podfarm ,but you cant run speakers alone without the amp, as far as i know.)
Aradaz has a great free convolution-based cabinet sim with a bunch of community-supplied cabinet IRs built-in, you won't lack for good tones with it.

I think I can get away with direct linking if I point you towards his site (and I HIGHLY recommend you go there, his amp sims are of a similarly high quality and totally free), so here is Aradaz's site which you definitely need to check out, and OUR Cabinet Sim is available from this link on his web site.

But do be sure to go there, you'll want to nab all of his great plugins, he's done excellent work.

shanecgriffo wrote:
A3ntar wrote:Hey guys, after having had a few discussions with LePou, I am hosting the file on a google website so you do not have to register on another forum in order to download it.

so this is amp/head sim only , not speaker modelling as well?

Aradaz Our Cab sim, Voxengo Boogex, KeFir, Voxengo Pristine Space ($), Sir2 ($),

Agreed, check your PM ;)

Taken care of, thank you :)

thankyou, just remembered i had boogex! and some aradaz stuff but not 'our cab'
Most the time i just tend to use my pod xtl to record into my computer or podfarm to reamp. I'll check this out ,tho' i mostly go for semi clean/slightly crunchy tones. cheers

Return to “Effects”