Anybody got a Plugiator yet ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pardon if this link was posted already, as I haven't read thru all 11 pages, but some guys over there have it:

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthread ... ost1989010

...unless it's some of the same people as here but under different screen names:)

mungo-mange wrote:Pardon if this link was posted already, as I haven't read thru all 11 pages, but some guys over there have it:

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthread ... ost1989010

...unless it's some of the same people as here but under different screen names:)
That's a great link, never saw that though I own one already so don't know how much griping I want to hear, I'm pretty satisfied with it. Love this:
It gets a lot of HATE at KVR because most of those guys are cheap-asses that think everything should be free or that one product should do everything even if not very well.

Hi.

I struggeled for over 3 weeks and was in tough contact with UseAudio.

Just to repeat a simple one: Patch nubers do noch change when I do midi PC from a controller keyboard, so you'll never know if patch changes has succeded...

This issue was confirmed. It needs sendin plugiator to a service center because it is part of a firmware that can be user updated...

More?... guess I better try not to remember... :cry:
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

Well, it might look OT but I am just checking LiveStyler with some plugins... Belive it or not, this shareware can load vst plugins on the fly with a press of it's registration buttons in about the same time as plugiator! Stuff like MMV, ProphetV or OP-X... I am still sitting in front of my old shitty notebook and can't believe it... This software isn't intended to be a VSTi host but "an organ software"... geez. it's hard to understand how to configure all the bells and whitles but boys, I am blown away... and looking if it's true... :shock:
Best regards, TiUser

Is this able to be powered by USB? I'd love something like this if it was.

dcfac73 wrote:Is this able to be powered by USB? I'd love something like this if it was.
As far as I remeber, NO.
You need to use the supplied power adaptor.
Best regards, TiUser

I was wondering if anyone has had any troubles with the plugiator software? I bought one yesterday and am finding it difficult to register for the vocoder. Software has been properly installed but no usb audio device is showing in 'connection settings' drop down in order to register

Email their support, they are typically very responsive. Make sure you give them more info than you do here (OS/version, version of their software, etc). I believe I had issues at one point with the device showing up but it may have just been a reload/reboot or something silly like that.

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to start off by introducing myself; I am Ray from Use Audio and I would like to take the opportunity to provide you with some clarifications and updates regarding the Plugiator.

1) Plug-in Manager is now available for Mac (Tiger and Leopard)
2) Drums'n'Bass has been released
3) Sampling rate and bit depth
Internal: 32 bit up to 176khz sampling rate
External DA converters - 24 bit 44.1kHz
4) External program change messages received over MIDI changes the program number displayed on the Plugiator panel
5) The Plug-in Manager software for the Plugiator table top and the ASX is the same

Updates:
1) We plan on releasing a DSP OS update in the coming weeks that will have the following features/fixes:
- Effects and synth parameters will sync to Midi clock
- possible glitches while changing presets should be fixed
2.) Also under development is a VSTi plug-in GUI interface (only control, no audio) for the Plugiator
3.) Check out the new Plugiator demo video and a few new sound demos on our website www.use-audio.com/plugiator.htm We are currently running a promotional offer on the Plugiator this December (more details on the link above)

I'd be happy to provide further clarifications / information upon request.

Kind regards,
Ray Mehta
Use Audio Inc.

Wow, good stuff there Ray. Thanks for the update. Still loving my Plugiator!

Is anyone using Plugiator-ASX expansion card with CME VX8 controller? If so does it work flawlessly?
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Thanks Ray, all great news. I would still like to see an activity indicator to show that the unit is receiving MIDI messages - just a LED segment or dot flashing would be sufficient.

Prodyssey Rocks! Thanks
'enjoy the electronic flow'

ray.useaudio wrote: Plug-in Manager is now available for Mac (Tiger and Leopard)
Drums'n'Bass has been released
We plan on releasing a DSP OS update in the coming weeks that will have the following features/fixes:
Also under development is a VSTi plug-in GUI interface (only control, no audio) for the Plugiator
We are currently running a promotional offer on the Plugiator this December (more details on the link above)
Hi Ray,

Thanks for posting! This info might just push me over the fence Ive been sitting on :)
A few things if I may please?

Tiger integration is GREAT for me as Im now using a MacBook only for production, will the control VSTi be ported to AU and RTAS by any chance?

The DSP OS update, is this something the end user can do themselves? I wouldnt like to buy - or ask Santa - and have to ship the unit back to Germany (Thomann.de is MUCH cheaper than Ireland) to be updated.

The promotion offer, any more details please? Obviously I'd like to pick up Plugiator with all the available software if possible...

And finally, the main thing holding me back - PLEASE can someone do some demos of the Vocoder? I emailed support but got no reply on audio demos for the vocoder...

Again, thanks for the info Ray!

Dave

mckenic wrote:
ray.useaudio wrote: Plug-in Manager is now available for Mac (Tiger and Leopard)
Drums'n'Bass has been released
We plan on releasing a DSP OS update in the coming weeks that will have the following features/fixes:
Also under development is a VSTi plug-in GUI interface (only control, no audio) for the Plugiator
We are currently running a promotional offer on the Plugiator this December (more details on the link above)
Tiger integration is GREAT for me as Im now using a MacBook only for production, will the control VSTi be ported to AU and RTAS by any chance?

Dave
An AU plug-in GUI interface would make me a customer this very moment.

Ray, will there be any other creamware synths ported over to Plugiator, in particular some of John Bowen/Zarg Music synths.

Does the "Winter Special" also apply to the ASX?

Regards,
Lawrence

[quote: reSEQUENCer]

Thanks Ray, all great news. I would still like to see an activity indicator to show that the unit is receiving MIDI messages - just a LED segment or dot flashing would be sufficient.

Prodyssey Rocks! Thanks

quote]

Hello,

Thats a really nice point, we appreciate your feedback however I am sorry that this feature cannot be implemented on the Plugiator at this point of time.

Kind regards,

Ray Mehta
Use Audio Inc.

Return to “Instruments”