piz midi plugins (windows/linux/mac)

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

djsubject wrote:something like Tobybear midi2vst

a vst plugin that lets you select a physical midi input & connect it via the vst's midi out,

if that made sense? :oops:

:)

Subz
ok, that's what i thought. i don't know of one, but it wouldn't be difficult to make. it would be a midiIn to go with my midiOut.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

insertpizhere wrote:it's somewhat complicated because of all the options in Big Clock, but here is the source code: http://thepiz.org/xt/BigClock_src.zip
Appreciate your help IPH :tu:!
stay juicy!

Hello Piz - I'm trying to use your MidiSwing with SuperDrumFX but am having no luck. Do I place the MidiSwing plug on the channel's insert, or in the modular view between the Midi In and the SuperDrumFX? I tried both but am getting no swing. I appreciate the help. Thanks.

like this:

wrongtastic, baby

insertpizhere wrote:like this:

Ah, I see now - between the sequencer. Thanks a bunch!

insertpizhere wrote:it's somewhat complicated because of all the options in Big Clock, but here is the source code: http://thepiz.org/xt/BigClock_src.zip
Piz I finally have MIDI measure to Samples working (plus microseconds to BPM) :). It was dizzying referring to the source and actually, I kinda ended up figuring it out myself. Still, lots of interesting discoveries via the code so far.

The journey continues....
stay juicy!

Hello, Piz

first, i would like to thank you for all your greats and creatives plugins... :)

so...i spent my all week-end trying linux via wubi and i think i will do "the big jump", but if it could be with your plugins it would be better... but is it right they're only x86 (32bits),they won't work with a 64bits distribution ?
there's no hope to use them in 64bits...
if not, are there some midi tools like yours in 64 bits ?

if some users can report their experiences with linux and midi plugin ?

thanks

hervé

i don't know of any 64-bit linux vst hosts, other than compiling jost for 64 bit, i guess. if you can run a 32-bit host in a 64-bit distribution, then the plugins will work.

of course, if anyone wants to compile the plugins for 64-bit (linux or windows), i will provide the source.
wrongtastic, baby

Hey piz, a midi channel splitter with an output pin for each channel would be real handy right about now. No rush tho cause by the time you read this I will have done what i need via other more cluttered ways...

insertpizhere wrote:i don't know of any 64-bit linux vst hosts, other than compiling jost for 64 bit, i guess. if you can run a 32-bit host in a 64-bit distribution, then the plugins will work.

of course, if anyone wants to compile the plugins for 64-bit (linux or windows), i will provide the source.
Hey Piz,

I built JOST 0.5.4 today on a system running 64 Studio 2.1 (Debian 64-bit). Seems to work fine.

Other than the sources and a Linux development environment, what will I need to build the pizmidi plugins ?

Best,

dp

gurulogic wrote:Hey piz, a midi channel splitter with an output pin for each channel would be real handy right about now. No rush tho cause by the time you read this I will have done what i need via other more cluttered ways...
unfortunately this can't be done in VST, since a plugin can't have more than one midi output. hopefully your more cluttered ways aren't too bad.
wrongtastic, baby

StudioDave wrote:Hey Piz,

I built JOST 0.5.4 today on a system running 64 Studio 2.1 (Debian 64-bit). Seems to work fine.

Other than the sources and a Linux development environment, what will I need to build the pizmidi plugins ?

Best,

dp
you would only need the VST 2.4 SDK, which i think also needs a minor change to one of the headers to compile in linux. midi2qwerty additionally needs libx11 and libxtst development headers. otherwise it's very straightforward. when i have a few minutes i'll get all the sources ready to download.
wrongtastic, baby

insertpizhere wrote:you would only need the VST 2.4 SDK, which i think also needs a minor change to one of the headers to compile in linux. midi2qwerty additionally needs libx11 and libxtst development headers. otherwise it's very straightforward. when i have a few minutes i'll get all the sources ready to download.
Cool, that'll give me time to locate the 2.4 SDK...

Best,

dp

Hey Piz,

I was wondering if you could make midiSimpleLFO.dll load as a VSTi. Some of your other plugins so this already.

If not too time consuming ofcourse.

Thanks again
stay juicy!

insertpizhere wrote:
gurulogic wrote:Hey piz, a midi channel splitter with an output pin for each channel would be real handy right about now. No rush tho cause by the time you read this I will have done what i need via other more cluttered ways...
unfortunately this can't be done in VST, since a plugin can't have more than one midi output. hopefully your more cluttered ways aren't too bad.
if u still need something.
i've done a very simple script for this in Usine some time ago.
there is also a more optimized version by bsork. works also with free version

for the best performance, and if u have it, bidule has exactly such a module.

enough, now.. sorry, piz, for hijacking ur thread. btw, i use ur midi plugins a LOT, and i think ur clearly providing the most complete and kewl midi effect armory out there :)

Return to “Insert Piz Here”