Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

ghettosynth wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:comparing it to Falcon is silly.
Good to agree about something.
You don't seriously see Syntronik as a more powerful synthesizer than Falcon do you? I can't quite tell if you are being sarcastic or not.
:lol:

First there was a comparison between Vintage Vault and Syntronik.

Now you are talking like Falcon is included in Vintage Vault, which it is not.

Better come clean, how much does UVI pay you :P

plexuss wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Before I start sounding like a fanboi......

Did IK just release a synth in 2017 that doesn't respond to Aftertouch ? I'm not finding any way to assign AT to Vibrato. Unless I'm just missing it...... :?
I use aftertouch a lot and was not able to find it supported in Syntronik, so it appears yes. Peter? Aftertouch? Peter?
Well at least it's not just me then. :)

I've checked the manual, standalone and plugin. Can't find a way to assign AT to Vibrato. :?

I'll check the IK Forums.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:comparing it to Falcon is silly.
Good to agree about something.
You don't seriously see Syntronik as a more powerful synthesizer than Falcon do you? I can't quite tell if you are being sarcastic or not.
:lol:

First there was a comparison between Vintage Vault and Syntronik.

Now you are talking like Falcon is included in Vintage Vault, which it is not.

Better come clean, how much does UVI pay you :P
If you have any ideas about how to get UVI to pay me, I'm all ears. In fact, if any vendor here wishes to buy my glowing reviews of their stuff, no matter how bad your products are, by all means, send me a PM with a proposal. I'll even make it sound believable!

Nobody ever claimed that Falcon is included in Vintage Vault, try to keep the discussion straight. The person who you responded to has Falcon and so we're discussing the value for someone who owns Falcon or is looking for that value.

You countered with being able to load SampleTank content into Syntronik. So what? That's of limited value to someone who is looking for the kind of quality and depth that you get with a product like Falcon. Falcon is a serious tool, Syntronik is a simple rompler engine.

I will make the point more clear. There is no synthesizer, free or paid, that you can load SampleTank content into that is of similar quality to Falcon, Kontakt, or Halion, none. So, if being able to use content in a powerful synthesis environment is important to you, then that means that such content will have additional value to you, i.e., it's worth more.

Comparing Syntronik to VV. I can see that. VV has more. But I can see that comparison.

For all that Syntronik is or is not, it is worth the money. Great sounds from a variety of synths. I have paid more for a sample pack that I could not do a whole lot with. If you don't do a lot programming or have limited soft synths, this is a no-brainer (well at least the intro price was). Even if you are covered but want some really cool synth sounds in your arsenal, this fills the bill for pennies per preset.

thejonsolo wrote:Comparing Syntronik to VV. I can see that. VV has more. But I can see that comparison.

For all that Syntronik is or is not, it is worth the money. Great sounds from a variety of synths. I have paid more for a sample pack that I could not do a whole lot with. If you don't do a lot programming or have limited soft synths, this is a no-brainer (well at least the intro price was). Even if you are covered but want some really cool synth sounds in your arsenal, this fills the bill for pennies per preset.
If you combine things from Sampletank, or Sampletank converted files then you can pull in a whole lot to use..I'm at 234 GB of Sampletank data now and the possibilities are endless. As for programming: I just pick something out that is close to what I would program, so it isn't a big deal. The more I explore what I have, the easier it gets.

thejonsolo wrote:Comparing Syntronik to VV. I can see that. VV has more. But I can see that comparison.
Right !?! More than that, it is THE market segment as we were discussing in the early part of this thread. I'd be willing to bet that it was one of the key products that IK looked at when doing market research.
At the Syntronik intro price for existing IK customers it's hard to argue that Vintage Vault is a better value. I think that it's a different story at the retail price though, especially if you're not already invested in IK. My cost would have been $194, or about 30% off the retail price. Last Black Friday UVI had a 30% off storewide sale so Vintage Vault would have been $350 or so. To me, that's comparable in relation to the number of presets and the amount of content.

Personally, I'm not into preset counting. You will NEVER use all of them so it's kind of false accounting. What matters is that the presets can cover ground that you care about and fit in easily when you need them without taking too long to find.

Here's another Batch of Patch(tm). Again 4 layered patches played in realtime with no over-dubs or quantizing.

https://soundcloud.com/plexus-productions/syntronik-2

I got vintage vault at guitar center last year for $99 woot!!! BTW Nice demo plexus
Last edited by systmu on Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Why do you care man?
Because Syntronik free version is some of the best freeware I have seen in a long time
Its indeed a good feeebie but U-he Tyrell n6 is much better freebie if you are in to those type of sounds.

systmu wrote:I got vintage vault at guitar center last year for $99 woot!!! BTW Nice demo plexus
LOL! Good for you, I guess that's what's up with the sample market then.

Teksonik wrote:
plexuss wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Before I start sounding like a fanboi......

Did IK just release a synth in 2017 that doesn't respond to Aftertouch ? I'm not finding any way to assign AT to Vibrato. Unless I'm just missing it...... :?
I use aftertouch a lot and was not able to find it supported in Syntronik, so it appears yes. Peter? Aftertouch? Peter?
Well at least it's not just me then. :)

I've checked the manual, standalone and plugin. Can't find a way to assign AT to Vibrato. :?

I'll check the IK Forums.
No aftertouch is available on Syntronik or anything in Sampletank hasnt been since its conception. I bitch about this alot as well.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

People say that they love romplers because there is no need to fiddle around to make the sound. Well heres what got me thinking. Syntronik main idea is to bring the vintage gear sound in sampled content, so basicly to play a synth. But look at Uhe Diva, Ace and many other synths they come preloaded with tons of presets, you dont even need to be a programer to play those out of the box. Syntronik is a good product but for analog sounds imo Diva and Hive (it has tons of presets + traditional vintage sounds) or upcoming repro 1 and 5 just blows out of the water because you get alot of premade sounds and flexibility. And if you get free minihost modular you can layer the instruments and add your favorite fx.

I'm another one who has both VV and Syntronik. (And I like them both).

I wonder if those of you who are comparing them are taking utility and IK's unique approach to the UI into account. The UVI Synths are designed, developed, and packaged independently. Nothing wrong with that--unless you want to get into combining and layering sounds. It's just a couple steps harder to do that in Falcon compared to Syntronik.

That's one of the Syntronik assets. IK clearly put a lot of thought into making it possible for you to work with ALL of the synths from a single interface. Combining, layering, coming up with very complex sounds is relatively easy because the user interface was obviously developed with that in mind from the start. Wouldn't it be swell if you could look at ALL the patches from ALL the VV synths at once? Demo sounds from multiple synths from the same patch list? Well, you can't. But with the Syntronik synths you can. Or just a few, or however many you'd like.

There are other things VV does well that Syntronik doesn't and vice versa, but this interface is pretty badass from a functionality perspective. I don't know of a faster way to build some really complex sounds.

I tried loading the new syntronik synths in sampletank and I keep getting unknown effects errors in sampletank when they load. Is that normal or did I do something wrong? Can sampletank load the effects from the new syntronik?

OT but relevant in this thread and many others: You guys know that there are two ways of trying to be "somebody important" At KVR, right? One is to actually contribute with something people will praise and respect you for, e.g. a synth like DIVA, a usable sample player, or simply achieving a reputation for helping people with techy issue, providing informative demos and the like. The other is to try to make your own mediocrity look special by keeping everybody else down by virtue of petty nitpicking, patronizing criticism and self promoting nagging.

Usually it is easy for people to agree that the first type really is magnificant, while the latter type seems to be satisfied convincing himself only, while coming forward as minority complexed ridden narcissist to everyone else. First type is of course inspiring, comes with their products or help, the latter is depressing, pathetic and a killer of inspiration. Sometimes I think it is good to ask the questions: Which one am I to people? Which one do I want to be? And take actions accordingly. If you still want to act like a prick then, at least you will be doing it self-consciously :wink:

Back on track: Once again nice demos plexuss, did you use overdrive or distortion on purpose here on the first part? We are still in prefabed Vintage Classics land, but since this is the main purpose of the player mission is accomplished as far as that goes. Now I do wonder if the "customize your own synth" acclaimed features are able to take it beyond that or if that turns out to be marketing labels only.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”