Granite OSX Public Beta - Open Invite

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Neon Breath wrote:Yeah mate, its happening when I click on the actual knob. I retried again just to be sure and also carefully clicked pretty much all around it and in the knob itself, but nope it always goes to the minimum value and it's stuck there after that. I've also noticed that when I click the knob and it goes all the way to the minimum, the mouse cursor magically goes down under the plugin window. Weird.

No ones came across this bug in the tests? Damn, I really wanted to try this nice plugin and explore it! :(

Keep me (and us) updated in this thread if you find what's going on! Or if you make some changes and you want me to test it before releasing it, would be glad to help out :)
I have this exact same problem with the knobs in both the .au and the standalone.

My system:

OSX 10.6.6
2007 MBP 2.4C2D
6GB RAM
Ableton LIve 8.2.1
also tried it in Plogue Bidule and as a standalone

It's clearly an issue with OSX and Granite, as none of my other plugs have this problem.

I'm very interested in the plug so I hope this can get ironed out. I've subbed to the thread and would happily beta test a new version.

--JES

@jsterne: Thanks for the feedback. Do you have a dual monitor setup? Cause it looks like it's the cause, James is actually working on this issue.

Yes, actually I do. Didn't think to mention that! Will try it with one tonight and report back.

Cool. Yep it's a dual monitor bug. Try Granite when you disconnect your secondary monitor and see if it works. Also, James asked me to test, repositioning & reconfiguration the screens in Preferences > Displays > Arrangement, that might fix the bug (haven't test it yet, will do tonite)

Yep unfortunately it seems that a bug when using Granite on dual monitors slipped through the beta. Its only occuring on certain dual monitor configurations / systems. In anycase, a fix should be included in the next update, which will hopefully be in a couple weeks or so.

best

James
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

I'll keep you updated with that screen repositioning & reconfiguration test as soon as I have the chance to check it James.

Cheers.

Hi All,

Tried it out last night with no external monitor -- everything works perfectly. It's got some nice features that aren't on other standalone granular .aus -- the modulation implementation is especially nice, and the pitch-to-keyboard is also a great idea. It's true you could do a lot of this in Reaktor or something but then you'd either have to deal with a) whatever interface compromises exists with current ensembles or b) customizing your own. I prefer readymade instruments that I can play, and this one delivers. I can see Granite as a nice complement to other granular fx like DensityGS, TimeFreezer and Riverrun (when it's working).

I have some feature requests (please tell me to RTFM if they are already covered):

1. Optional MIDI sync for all the timed parameters. Some would be more useful than others so it would be good to have a toggle parameter-by-parameter (Soundtoys plugs, for instance, have MIDI sync but it's an all-or-nothing affair and I sometimes want a little of both).

2. Option to disable FX like the reverb if we're not using them so as to save on processor power. Right now I can turn the mix all the way down but there doesn't appear to be an on/off parameter.

3. Option to maintain constant speed when shifting pitch with a keyboard. (Right now it behaves like a conventional sampler, and so you get a very limited range before the speed change is too annoying).

4. Tempo-syncable arpeggiator to go with the keyboard (though I suppose I can just use live's plug for that).

Nice plug. I will definitely purchase when the dual monitor bug is fixed. Please keep us updated on this thread. Thanks!

Actually note that Granite is buggy on some dual monitors setups, not all of them.
Here it works perfectly well.

dsp music wrote:Actually note that Granite is buggy on some dual monitors setups, not all of them.
Yeah, I guess that will make the bug tricky to fix because of that non-consistant probability. Can't wait to have it fixed, defintitly gonna add it to my granular arsenal.

dsp music wrote:Actually note that Granite is buggy on some dual monitors setups, not all of them.
FYI the exact cause of this bug has been identified, a new build including a fix should be available in the a couple of weeks. In the meantime, there is a workaround: when using dual-monitors, make sure the menu bar is on the larger screen (you can just drag it in the monitor setup in OSX Preferences)
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
FYI the exact cause of this bug has been identified, a new build including a fix should be available in the a couple of weeks. In the meantime, there is a workaround: when using dual-monitors, make sure the menu bar is on the larger screen (you can just drag it in the monitor setup in OSX Preferences)
Thanks James. I'll go ahead and buy it on faith that it's fixed. I love the plug.

newsonicarts wrote:
FYI the exact cause of this bug has been identified, a new build including a fix should be available in the a couple of weeks.
:tu: Caaaaaaaan't wait!

Bump for an update!

What's up James with the dual monitor fix, going well? Looking forward to try Granite! :D

Keep us updated

Cheers!

Neon Breath wrote:Bump for an update!

What's up James with the dual monitor fix, going well? Looking forward to try Granite! :D

Keep us updated

Cheers!
The update is in the latter stages of testing. I will PM you with a link to the RC :)
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: The update is in the latter stages of testing. I will PM you with a link to the RC :)
:tu: fantastic! Let me know anytime when you are ready.

Return to “Instruments”