Pads: your first choice?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:So far these synths were mentioned in this thread, when the next thread comes up with "Which synth is best for leads, basses, plucks, drops, wobbles, trippy, shmoppy, flippy, wuppy, homophobe, urban and ambient meditation music just refer to this list or copy/paste it into any thread: ... not enough, keep them coming.
To be fair though, the OP did not ask 'which is best', just 'which is the first we go to'. What happens in EVERY one of these threads is the insistance to use it as a chance to point out why our's is the best. Most of the time, we can't blame it on the OP. We KVRians often have a 'lock and load' mentality ready to make every thread about what we want it to be and not what the OP asked for.

It does help some of us develop better 'filters' though. Now if we can just get those brain-wavetables to not default to some pilot tone everytime...

:wink:
I wasn't accusing the OP of anything.. :party:

*Reason Combinator (no matter what synth or sampler), pan to taste…

lol

hilarious.
rsp

zvenx wrote:

lol

hilarious.
rsp
That's what it said in the post :D

Aroused by JarJar wrote:
quantum7 wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:I'll chime in support of Alchemy and Padshop, I'll also throw in that I do in fact have Omnisphere and like many I suspect, bought it on reviews, demo sounds and youtube....for me this purchase was a learning curve. I really regret buying into the hype...it simply does NOT take my breath away with jawdropping huge pads....I doubt I have ever felt so meh about a purchase.
Wow! You are definitely in a very small minority in your opinion of Omnisphere. :? To each his own, though.
Count another underwhelmed by Omnisphere.

Some people are also underwhelmed by the likes of Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart...sadly.

On an unrelated subject, I think it's way to easy to sign up with multiple accounts here on KVR.

Sampleconstruct wrote: I wasn't accusing the OP of anything.. :party:
8) I never thought that you were. :)

In fact, it seemed 'well timed' to perhaps bring things back into focus, (although still doubtful)- the attempt is always worth it!

There is something you learn in courts that when a judge or lawyer asks a yes or no question, answer yes or no. The majority of people will more often give a bunch of details never asked for.

The same is true in any forum. Ask for A or B and people will give you A-Z with an infinite numbered details to support it.

It's human nature (until we become aware of it, and even then, it's only reduced, not eliminated).

Sampleconstruct wrote:
zvenx wrote:

lol

hilarious.
rsp
That's what it said in the post :D
lol
Simon, stop making up stuff..lol.
lol
Seriously? No way.....lmao
rsp

quantum7 wrote:
Aroused by JarJar wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote: I'll also throw in that I do in fact have Omnisphere and like many I suspect, bought it on reviews, demo sounds and youtube....for me this purchase was a learning curve. I really regret buying into the hype...it simply does NOT take my breath away with jawdropping huge pads....I doubt I have ever felt so meh about a purchase.
Count another underwhelmed by Omnisphere.
Some people are also underwhelmed by the likes of Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart...sadly.
On an unrelated subject, I think it's way to easy to sign up with multiple accounts here on KVR.
Personally, I'm underwhelmed by K9U
Omnisphere seems to be hitting more of a 'gag reflex' with me.
Beethoven never really disappoints me.

Multiple accounts? I spend too much time here with one.

BBFG# wrote:
Personally, I'm underwhelmed by K9U
Really? http://www.k9u.us/ K9U trained my dog in 7 days or less.

SJ_Digriz wrote:PadShop Pro or Diva
I have to say, that I was surprised at how much I liked padshop considering I haven't liked Steinberg synths in the past.

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Aroused by JarJar wrote:I'd love to hear some examples of what people think of as awesome pads.
I think this is quite awesome, I made it in HALion 5 using only the synth engine, no samples:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/m ... s-halion-5
That's awesome :)
Beautiful vintage lushness!

A few pad sounds I made:
Winter Solstice (Diva)Phasing Saws (Zebra)From Dust (FilterScape VA)Dark Star (FilterScape VA)Wavetable Pad (Zebralette)

I guess I like my pads to sound slightly vocal-ish sometimes :lol:

Cheers
Dennis
I like how those have a kind of a vocal quality to them even though they're all very different as far as texture.

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:PadShop Pro or Diva
I have to say, that I was surprised at how much I liked padshop considering I haven't liked Steinberg synths in the past.
I felt the same way about Steinberg synths before Padshop. Padshop was a definite surprise that came out of nowhere.

Padshop, Zebra, Alchemy, Omnisphere, & Diva were the synths I used on my New Age album, Trascendence http://www.seanchristopher.net/ . I was in pad heaven with that project.

That giant list on the previous page has basically rendered this thread pointless, seems everyone can get nice pads out of any synth they have and know how to program.

Sampleconstruct wrote:So far these synths were mentioned in this thread, when the next thread comes up with "Which synth is best for leads, basses, plucks, drops, wobbles, trippy, shmoppy, flippy, wuppy, homophobe, urban and ambient meditation music just refer to this list or copy/paste it into any thread:
...(1,001 synths)

Sure, but then some wiseass wants to hear pads people are making, people put up really nice pads, and suddenly the list of synths demonstrated, not just mentioned, is not only a whole lot shorter, but shows some consistency as well.

jacqueslacouth wrote:
Seriously, I so want to love Omnisphere after splashing out that much cash, it just doesn't hit the mark for me. And yes, I AM one of those who finds utterly no inspiration in the greats of classical music...I despise it, I loathe opera, cannot abide jazz and I find blues to be boring and repetitive.....I'm not saying this to be argumentative, it is MY truth...there are no absolutes in something as subjective as music.
True, synths are just as subjective to the user as music, but you shouldn't give up on Omni....especially after spending good money on it. If you put a little effort into it there is virtually nothing that synth cannot do. There is simply way too much material that comes with it to not be able to get what you want out of it. Alchemy took the lead, though, by allowing 3rd party sample imports. I'm guessing that when Omnisphere 2 (or whatever it will be called) is unveiled it will be celebrated with accolades for many years to come like it predecessor was.

Return to “Instruments”