Feature Requests

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

squaredheads wrote:I would do it, but unfortunately I have no idea how Max for Live works. Hopefully some day they do not flatten all MIDI channels to channel 1 when they're routed internally.
can be created a Max wrapper(Max seems supports the channel data inside their objects) which contains Nora and sends the notes out to other tracks using one send and multiple receivers (receiver can contains some channel selector UI so the user would able to use same channel on multiple tracks too)

proof of concept is working

just the channel data should be generated inside Nora (a non official test build would be nice :) ) to able to select between the voices

ps. wait wait, if Nora can transparently send out the channel data with the notes, so it doesn't drop them, they can be added to the notes using the javascript function from the prev. patch (the channels will be autogenerated pitch based, lowest voice gonna get 1 etc.), so u don't have to do anything, gonna post it ASAP :D the only issue will be the parallel octaves so a Nora based solution also would be useful
Last edited by xbitz on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Wouldn't this also require some kinda of button in NORA to give the user the choice of whether to send "midi-note-per-channel" versus "midi-pattern-per-channel"?

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

That's a great progress!

However, would be possible with Max for Live split the MIDI Channels regardless of the Note Number? If that's possible you would to be able to use Nora like in any other DAW.

UncleAge wrote:Wouldn't this also require some kinda of button in NORA to give the user the choice of whether to send "midi-note-per-channel" versus "midi-pattern-per-channel"?
Could you explainthe idea a bit more?

I was trying to wrap my head around the idea of "note per channel". At the moment we can have pattern per channel. So implementing note per channel could cause a conflict, no? So my question was one of possible implementation. I am totally in favor of the request of having an option of "note per channel" If possible. I think it's a useful feature.

As a side note...I wrote a Max patch a few years ago that did just that to incoming chords, separating them by note. I abandoned the patch when I figured out what I would have to do in Live to make it work. Anyway...

just a little concerned we might be getting into 'feature bloat' with NORA? :wink:
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

nexussynth wrote:just a little concerned we might be getting into 'feature bloat' with NORA? :wink:
I'd like to see version 3 before it gets any more complex for Juan.

This is my neutral point of view: Everybody want any feature that they are currently missing. If a person don't miss that feature, he/she will consider it bloatware.

My work is allowing the maximum flexibility with the less bloat possible. Everything I can include without overdo, I will do - but that need a lot of planing, and unfortunately, some trial and error.

In short, do not worry about bloatware - it will never happen, or there will be fast and clean ways to avoid it.

UncleAge wrote:I was trying to wrap my head around the idea of "note per channel". At the moment we can have pattern per channel. So implementing note per channel could cause a conflict, no? So my question was one of possible implementation. I am totally in favor of the request of having an option of "note per channel" If possible. I think it's a useful feature.
Where you are saying "pattern per channel" you mean "track per channel" right? Every single note you're seeing in the current Nora version has an "auto" channel. It means that you can achieve the effect of "note per channel" sending chords with different channels per note, and setting the track filter midi output into Auto.

However, the fixed channels, those that will ignore the host incoming note channels, won't be avaliable until I create a proper edit filter for them - I didn't started it yet.

squaredheads wrote:<snip>
UncleAge wrote:I was trying to wrap my head around the idea of "note per channel". At the moment we can have pattern per channel. So implementing note per channel could cause a conflict, no? So my question was one of possible implementation. I am totally in favor of the request of having an option of "note per channel" If possible. I think it's a useful feature.
Where you are saying "pattern per channel" you mean "track per channel" right?

Correct. I should have said pattern per midi channel but yes, you are correct.
squaredheads wrote:Every single note you're seeing in the current Nora version has an "auto" channel. It means that you can achieve the effect of "note per channel" sending chords with different channels per note, and setting the track filter midi output into Auto.
This is the part I don't understand. I guess I am missing something. Are you saying this feature is already there? In the track filter midi output box I only see "Off, All and channels 1-16" I don't see an "Auto". Is this at the bottom of the Pattern Editor screen?
squaredheads wrote:However, the fixed channels, those that will ignore the host incoming note channels, won't be avaliable until I create a proper edit filter for them - I didn't started it yet.
Ok.

Hi UncleAge,
it must be "All",
if you set input and output channels to All in the Nora
and send the chord notes as multitrack midi data to Nora
as in picture Nora can produce multichannel outputs in one track/ phrase
plus...
you can also use insertpizhere Midi Polyphony
to split automatically chord notes to channels before send to Nora

Right, it was "All" instead "Auto" - my bad.

yellukhan wrote:Hi UncleAge,
it must be "All",
if you set input and output channels to All in the Nora
and send the chord notes as multitrack midi data to Nora
as in picture Nora can produce multichannel outputs in one track/ phrase
plus...
you can also use insertpizhere Midi Polyphony
to split automatically chord notes to channels before send to Nora
1. Thanks and the picture was very helpful. I get it now.
2. Thanks for the piz tip. I've had it and never used it all this time.
3. The insertpizhere Midi Polyphony + NORA is pretty wicked. And it really makes things easier for me. My past processes was pretty involved and messy...
4. I can sort of see that type of functionality native to NORA and working well. Having chords come in on one channel and separate notes depart on different channels. However, I doubt its worth the development time if any and everyone can insertpizhere and get the job done.

Thanks again for clearing that up!

@ UncleAge good to hear, i glad :)

just a thinking at loud :

Scenario-1
Octaves to Channels ( every octave has range selector for example +/- 5 octave)

Scenario-2
Note Channel (Color) Map

When I do it, it will be more likely to your second option, it's more universal. Anyway thanks for the suggestions :)

Return to “Squaredheads”