How many Behringer Synths should one buy?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic

How many Behringer synths should one own?

None: Behringer Synths, 100% B.S.
18%
1-5: You should demonstrate moderate self control and limit yourself thusly
32%
6-20: Behringer is cheap as chips, make moar music with moar stuff!
18%
All of them: You aren't a true fan if you don't buy at least one of everything, get to spendin!
14%
Go Fish
17%

Total votes: 77

RELATED
PRODUCTS

kritikon wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:38 am My urge to make covers of Shine On have left me.
you are dead to me!

I'm still going to cover Nights in White Satin though (Acid Dub 303 stylee obviously), does that count?

kritikon wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:37 pm I'm still going to cover Nights in White Satin though (Acid Dub 303 stylee obviously), does that count?
techno "wish you were here" and we are even!

You shouldn't buy them.
You should steal them, just like Behringer did.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Sick burn

jamcat wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:55 pm You shouldn't buy them.
You should steal them, just like Behringer did.
Do you feel the same way with vst emulations?
How about Other Companies like studio electronics?
Should we steal every Android phone that was made after the first one and let the first Company that released the first one have monopoly over Android phones?

Has Behringer done anything as innovative as Studio Electronics has?

Does it matter, if they bring popular devices at a great price?

And, no, they don't "steal" from anyone. Copying isn't the same as stealing, especially as stealing always implies that you do something illegal.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:33 pm Has Behringer done anything as innovative as Studio Electronics has?
I was making examples about the copying part that Jamcat calls stealing and he is blind if he thinks that it is only Behringer that does it and no one else.

Behringer does have the Deepmind that started as a juno 106 clone but evolved into something much bigger and more versatile than the og and in the end a totaly different synth was born instead.

They also did the same with the UB-XA which expands it's posibilities compared to the og.

And the Neutron is also their own design.

Yes, I was thinking Neutron. Certainly Polysource when it surfaces. Ironically, the cheap little baby synths are pretty innovative and they also sound quite different from the originals.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:22 pm Yes, I was thinking Neutron. Certainly Polysource when it surfaces. Ironically, the cheap little baby synths are pretty innovative and they also sound quite different from the originals.
True. Their Rack formats are excellent in my view :)
I do hope they add the Hpf filter mode from the boog in the Polysource or a 12/24 LP switch :)
Studio Electronics makes great stuff too and i love that they always expands on features vs the originals which brings their synths to another level :tu:

I'm now thinking about Polysource x2 and using them as a stereo synth, just like Dan's Pro-800 video. Would be an amazing sound. I just hope it's released this year.
<list your stupid gear here>

Why not just record twice?

Uncle E wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:43 pm Why not just record twice?
It's not the same. If you're playing it and getting that sound then the sound affects you and impacts your playing. If you are using a more structured approach to your composition, sure, record your part and then play it back again. These days I'm not even recording midi, I just record multi-track audio and take the sdcard down to my computer for remixing.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”