Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Concerto and D50 updated kinda irritating not know what’s in the updates....I wish Roland would say what the changes are!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

man, when is the jd800/990 out :/
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Last edited by sinemotor on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinemotor wrote:
SLiC wrote:Concerto and D50 updated kinda irritating not know what’s in the updates....I wish Roland would say what the changes are!
It's the AAX support update for Pro Tools users.

They just added AAX support, but it also looks like the rest of the older Plug-Outs (SH-101, SH-2, System-100, etc.) finally got GUI's that can be properly resized without being blurry, along with ditching the circular knob movements.

The new filters/oscs/LFO's haven't been added to the System-8 Plug-Out, but they may have been too high a level of cooridnation to reasonable expect from anything with Roland's name on it. :P

Anybody mentioned new concerto library named sugar? It’s in their promo video on clouds’s facebook page but not released yet.

Caine123 wrote:man, when is the jd800/990 out :/
My hearts drops a little everytime I see "Roland Cloud" in my inbox and it's for something else

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:They just added AAX support, but it also looks like the rest of the older Plug-Outs (SH-101, SH-2, System-100, etc.) finally got GUI's that can be properly resized without being blurry, along with ditching the circular knob movements.
ProMars too? Great then!
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:The new filters/oscs/LFO's haven't been added to the System-8 Plug-Out, but they may have been too high a level of cooridnation to reasonable expect from anything with Roland's name on it. :P
It'll happen eventually, it has to because the VSTs can be used as librarians and editors for hardware, so feature parity must exist.

My Roland Cloud Manager is listing two SRX Orchestra instruments, one with version 1.03 and a size of 188 MB and the other with the version number 1.05 and with a size of 286 MB. I uninstalled the first, installed the second, and now the first appears as installed and asking for an update (?).

Anyone else with this behavior? I am on Windows 7.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:My Roland Cloud Manager is listing two SRX Orchestra instruments, one with version 1.03 and a size of 188 MB and the other with the version number 1.05 and with a size of 286 MB. I uninstalled the first, installed the second, and now the first appears as installed and asking for an update (?).

Same here. I don't think it matters much as long as the version reported inside the VST is 1.05.

fmr wrote:My Roland Cloud Manager is listing two SRX Orchestra instruments, one with version 1.03 and a size of 188 MB and the other with the version number 1.05 and with a size of 286 MB. I uninstalled the first, installed the second, and now the first appears as installed and asking for an update (?).

Yeah. This is the worst update I've ever dealt with from any software. I literally wished I could have cancelled this subscription because this was a pain in the ass and I really don't feel like dealing with this every time they decide to do updates. Out of nowhere it started downloading every plugin file separately to update and I said to myself, okay no big deal, I'll just deal with it, but then the SRX Orchestra issue like you mentioned and it started doing that with the D-50 and Juno 106 plugin also and it kept downloading updates over and over to the point where I was chasing my tail figuring out what the hell's going on. Very intrusive software. It almost felt like malware to be honest. I was so pissed because I wasted a lot of time with this right in the middle of a project I was working on. It sucks because it makes me feel like I have to shut the internet off while I'm working on stuff because of this ordeal. I shouldn't have to do that because of one software developers intrusive update system.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I wouldn't call that intrusive at all.

That update was terrible and exactly the sort of thing that will have people reaching for 'unsubscribe'

Forced update, no options, installers all over, re-installing after install for no reason…..pop up windows everywhere- had to re-boot and after a re-boot it is still trying to install 1.03 SRX despite having installed 1.05 and saying 1.03 is corrupt!! Never ending loop, cant use cloud, disabled cloud manager.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The Cloud Manager does indeed need some work. I had the same issue where some plugins started showing up twice in the Cloud Manager with two different version numbers, and having to manually install each plugin when everything got an update was rough.

So if you haven't installed this update yet, try these steps:

1. Run Cloud Manager - don't let it do any automatic downloading and installing if that's even an option
2. Run each update manually
3. Install each update one at a time (be sure to pay attention to your install paths if using the VST2 versions)
4. Assume the update was succecssful - completely ignore any duplicate entries in the Cloud Manager telling you to update again
5. Turn off Cloud Manager

EvilDragon wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:They just added AAX support, but it also looks like the rest of the older Plug-Outs (SH-101, SH-2, System-100, etc.) finally got GUI's that can be properly resized without being blurry, along with ditching the circular knob movements.
ProMars too? Great then!

ProMars still blury when big for me after updates (I don't remember Promars being updated amoungs the chaos!)

Return to “Instruments”