Do you use Reaktor? If not why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hlis93 wrote:Reaktor is great for guitars as well :love: . See my website

http://base-designs.com/reaktor

down the page there is broken tremolo by Sickle. It is for guitar. It would not be possilbe to do this with a stomp box. I don't have an audio sample yet but I will try and get one up tonight. Perhaps Sickle could get do one for me as I don't have my stuff set up right now.
I was going to bring that up. Both Don (Sickle) and I are primarily guitar players in real life...

ew
A spectral heretic...

Reaktor is an indispensable part of my sound design and production arsenal. The user library is brilliant... never a lack of interesting and inspiring kernels of sound. It's the first place I turn to when I want to add organic randomness to a track.

Now, with Quad Core processors, I'm using it more rather than less because my new machine isn't phased by most of the ensembles... The ability to quickly snap together sequencers, instruments, custom sample maps, and effects (with no programming skills) makes for infinite possibilities... and I find that for minimal techno and experimental styles, the sounds quality is great.

I couldn't live without Reaktor.

ew wrote:
And, thanks for bringing up this earlier post:
looks really cool, but, hey, i am a guitar player primarily so for me it's just not worth investigating...
@ pinkjimiphoton- you couldn't be more mistaken here. Besides all the distortion boxes, delays, reverbs, etc. you could create, there's also a tube model that's fairly usable.

ew
and Har, me, nin,btw broken tremelo on ebow is facking monstrous :o

ew wrote:
proletkult wrote:I loved reaktor when I got it but every time I was in a hurry to get something done reaktor seemed to really slow me down. I don't mind the cpu but by the time you've found the folder with the synth or effect you want , you're faced with a thousand showoff presets or a big learning curve. Very few of the synths are easy to work out IMHO. I keep meaning to make a favorites folder and isolate the synths I like into categories...but I don't have time for that either. :(
All that takes is a little organization of your library. If your library isn't organized, good luck trying to find anything.
Another thing which helps is self control; don't download everything in the UL. I download maybe six ensembles in the average month.

As for all the complaints about CPU usage, I don't see that as being a factor- there's a lot of commercial synths these days using the same or more CPU per voice as Reaktor :?

ew
I think I've downloaded about three ensembles. Mainly because there's enough with the package you buy. My library is fine, I just don't remember one set of characteristics from another when I haven't used Reaktor in a while.
:?

musikmachine wrote:
proletkult wrote:I loved reaktor when I got it but every time I was in a hurry to get something done reaktor seemed to really slow me down. I don't mind the cpu but by the time you've found the folder with the synth or effect you want , you're faced with a thousand showoff presets or a big learning curve. Very few of the synths are easy to work out IMHO. I keep meaning to make a favorites folder and isolate the synths I like into categories...but I don't have time for that either. :(
Start a new bank and hit randomise ;)

it's a good way to get a feel for the synth and the type of sounds it can produce,i'm finding it a really effective way of crreating new sounds and isolating the ensembles i like :)
Fair enough but I have found many sounds that I really like on R synths that I can't recall a month later because I've forgotten which synth(and that's too much choice not too much dope). :)

proletkult wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
Start a new bank and hit randomise ;)

it's a good way to get a feel for the synth and the type of sounds it can produce,i'm finding it a really effective way of crreating new sounds and isolating the ensembles i like :)
Fair enough but I have found many sounds that I really like on R synths that I can't recall a month later because I've forgotten which synth(and that's too much choice not too much dope). :)
:lol:

Hmmm,could you append the presets you like to a new bank each time and save that?Create your own banks with your faves in for easy recall each time.. :D
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Return to “Instruments”