Spire: Feature requests

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

any ETA on 1.1 with the cpu optimization? spire is unusable on my notebook and i want to start with a soundset, when i am on the road.
Lenovo IdeaPad U330p Win8.1 Pro x64 | Ableton Suite 9.1.5 x32 | Some Synths

JustIntonation wrote:Please add support for microtuning in Spire!
+1 on the microtonal support.

Scala support or note expression would be awesome

Make please preset management access from host application and the opportunity to load fxb banks.

An extra output to the DAW mixer. For example: where you can route your Reverb to, so you can sidechain your reverb on a different mixer channel.

And it would be great to use the buildin FX as Insert on audio tracks.

Zero-delay feedback filters are becoming a bigger and bigger things. That probably won't happen until 'Spire 2', but one can always hope ^^.

Ring-mod and hard-sync are definitely things. New higher-quality wavetables. Given the modularity that Spire is going for, it definitely helps to take a look at Xfer Serum for inspiration. They have the best envelopes I've ever used, since it's so visual. Put it together with the punchiness of Spire, and that would be great.

Not overly fond of how you control the Stepper to be honest. There's definitely room for improvement there.

Shiek927 wrote:Zero-delay feedback filters are becoming a bigger and bigger things. That probably won't happen until 'Spire 2', but one can always hope ^^.
Whenever i read requests for zero delay feedback filters, i wonder if people have a special sound in mind, which only can be achieved by zero delay feedback filters. If you take Diva and Dune 2 for example, which both have zdf filters, the differences in flilter characteristics couldn't be any bigger. So i wonder, what would you expect to be the benefit when implementing zero delay feedback filters (which i'm not even sure if Spire doesn't have already)? There are non-zdf filters which sound fantastic, and lack nothing i would expect more from them. IMO, it's rather a matter of having nice character, than being zdf or not.

+1 for microtuning
("\_(Î.Î)_/")

Microtuning would be great!

Edit: Just realized it's coming in v1.1 :tu:
Last edited by Lesha on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's easy if you know how

chk071 wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:Zero-delay feedback filters are becoming a bigger and bigger things. That probably won't happen until 'Spire 2', but one can always hope ^^.
Whenever i read requests for zero delay feedback filters, i wonder if people have a special sound in mind, which only can be achieved by zero delay feedback filters. If you take Diva and Dune 2 for example, which both have zdf filters, the differences in flilter characteristics couldn't be any bigger. So i wonder, what would you expect to be the benefit when implementing zero delay feedback filters (which i'm not even sure if Spire doesn't have already)? There are non-zdf filters which sound fantastic, and lack nothing i would expect more from them. IMO, it's rather a matter of having nice character, than being zdf or not.
Very true, and I think Spire actually already has some of the best filters I have heard in any synth other than a few u-he ones and Monark.

aMUSEd wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Very true, and I think Spire actually already has some of the best filters I have heard in any synth other than a few u-he ones and Monark.
x2

Spire's filters are fantastic

chk071 wrote:
Woah, this was an old-post of mine. I didn't know people replied :).

Do I have a certain 'sound' in mind? certainly. The sound of hardware-synths. The differences between Diva and Dune 2 are huge because Diva is modeled after classic vintage synths, whereas Dune 2 is a modern purely digital synth.

Spire sounds great, I'm not saying otherwise. However, the character would go that much farther by implementing zdff.

Things I would like to see added that could make this an interesting synth for more experimental sound designers.

- Microtuning

- Additive Oscillator section & Resampling option.

- Triangle shape to classic mode oscillator.

- For the Stepper module I would like to see Pattern banks & Automatable control so you can change the patterns in the DAW.

- Wave Table loader of some kind and maybe a editor of some kind ? This would breathe so much more life into spire.

- More options and control for the Wavetables.

- MSEGs & a extended modulation tab set, if they added a bit of room below the existing ones they could add another 5 tabs and fill them with some awesome new features!

- Signal Flow routing system like Massive has (Not sure if they can do this or not) but it would be pretty slick to route FX before the oscillators, filters etc.

- Insert FX section for Routing system above with Waveshapers, Ring modulators, Bitcrushers, etc

It still won't be a Zebra though
:borg:

More voices and custom waveforms would be awesome.

Like double the voices and double the polyphony, just like Lush-101 has. :)

on and off buttons for LFO's and Mod Env's
Facebook: https://www.facebook...98625/timeline/
Youtube Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/user/Wazatsc
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/warren-k-music
Latest Releases: https://pro.beatport.com/artist/warren-k/483631

worked midi learn (not forgotten) , low cpu usage

Return to “Reveal Sound”