Which plugins add unwanted watermarks to audio?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tricky-Loops wrote:In this thread are more people who complain about trolls than trolls themselves...
:wink:
Troll not, lest ye be trolled.

:hihi:

xNiMiNx wrote:Apparently, FX wont hide all watermarks, and some watermarks can be kept even when transfering audio over radio waves?

http://audiowatermarking.info/awt1_details.php

Check that link, they have a 'whos using it' link (at the bottom). Im sure its not every company, because they may not want you to know, but, there is a list. A lot of interesting information, and audio examples too.

They say its inaudible, but with some stuff, on some hardware, you will be able to hear it.
Wow I just listened to some examples on the website, and I notice a big difference between non watermarked and watermarked tracks. A grain is added to the watermarked files, they sound more metallic and have cutting highs.

Interesting :)

I think I am against watermarking, I don't like it so much. But I see how it can gives a special edge to a sound.

Hm, i can't believe that it should be audible on softsynth plugins. That would kinda lead every programming to make the plugins sound well ad absurdum, as it would add incalculable and non desired elements to the sound. All very speculative anyway, as noone knows exactly in which way watermarking was implemented in the software.

Davias wrote:
xNiMiNx wrote:Apparently, FX wont hide all watermarks, and some watermarks can be kept even when transfering audio over radio waves?

Check that link, they have a 'whos using it' link (at the bottom). Im sure its not every company, because they may not want you to know, but, there is a list. A lot of interesting information, and audio examples too.

They say its inaudible, but with some stuff, on some hardware, you will be able to hear it.
Wow I just listened to some examples on the website, and I notice a big difference between non watermarked and watermarked tracks. A grain is added to the watermarked files, they sound more metallic and have cutting highs.

I think I am against watermarking, I don't like it so much. But I see how it can gives a special edge to a sound.
If by "special edge" you mean a competetive edge on the market, then ok. I don't think anyone's using watermarking as an effect to toughen up beats or make their bass hit harder.

But you never know. Maybe like Noise Reduction this technique can be abused to make some next level IDM that even scares Aphex Twin :hihi: ("I can't put my finger on it... and I don't know if I'm hearing it... but it feels like the music is talking to me... softly... under it's breath... In a really annoying fluttery metallic way...")
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I've read the AWT site and it seems possible to me that a softsynth (or audio effect) can add watermarking on the fly on the audio output without too much cpu hassle. The website seems to say that the watermark is harder to imprint on short audio. So pirates, avoid using pads ! :D

Which plugins will add highly desirable watermarks to audio? I want my music associated with quality brands like Monster energy beverages and Nike.

Sendy wrote:
Davias wrote:

If by "special edge" you mean a competetive edge on the market, then ok. I don't think anyone's using watermarking as an effect to toughen up beats or make their bass hit harder.

But you never know. Maybe like Noise Reduction this technique can be abused to make some next level IDM that even scares Aphex Twin :hihi: ("I can't put my finger on it... and I don't know if I'm hearing it... but it feels like the music is talking to me... softly... under it's breath... In a really annoying fluttery metallic way...")
No no I was literally speaking about a special edge to the sound, not the edge on themarket. Since I heard it in the examples on the AWT website, even on my laptop's speakers, it sounded quite obvious to me (and I don't have good ears, with all the loud stuff I fed into it over the years). It sounded like the original tracks was more round, more warm, like an analogic record, and the processed ones sounded like a 2013 remix with saturation and edge :D

I will listen again to see if my ears didn't fool me.

flakes2 wrote:we should rename this thread which might soon be closed to

"which plugins can i pirate and on which ones should i watch out?".
or
"poor paranoid pirates peeing their pants"
or
"just another shitstorm from the same pissed-off thieves"

If you care so much about privacy, why:
- do you post in a public forum?
- use google?
- use facebook?
- use a cellphone?

The NSA is watching you... make sure that you take a look under your bed before you go to sleep! :-o
Now you see why I posted the "Obligatory Disclaimer" earlier......... :roll:
Teksonik wrote:*Obligatory Disclaimer: I am as Anti Warez, Cracks, and Pirated Software as anybody and have never nor will never use them.*
Some people just can't get it through their heads that Anti Invasive Copy Protection does not equal Pro Piracy...... :roll:
flakes2 wrote: Maybe you should just move on to another forum like audioz. There you can find more detailed info who you can bypass protection schemes.
Interesting that you know where to go for cracks.......I wouldn't have a clue where to look because.......see the disclaimer above.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

bluedad wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
bluedad wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
No you won't.........But don't worry oh mighty defenders of Tone 2. As you've already pointed out whenever Tone 2 feels threatened the Mods will be along in no time to Lock/Delete the thread......just be patient.
We don't move or lock Tone 2 threads to defend them; only because they tend to get out of hand and we're just tired of the f**king bs!
Have you ever wondered why one company's threads "get out of hand" while the vast majority of other company's threads don't ? Could it be the behavior of the company itself and not the behavior of the KVR members at fault ? Certainly Cause/Effect plays a part. Again when was the last time a UHE thread got out of hand or Linplug ? (just as examples) :shrug:
Tone2 do not have at forum at kvr and generally don't bother posting here either. I'm only interested in what goes on at kvr; and you accused the mods here of protecting Tone2 which is absolutely absurd. Trust me, we don't get paid, no perks or benefits whatsoever and STILL get shit on by members so there is no reason to protect any company whatsoever.
What happened to the last Tone 2 thread ? The one you were going to split and reopen ?
bluedad wrote:we're just tired of the f**king bs!
Why get all red faced and start cursing ? I think you're taking it all too personally...like you said you don't get paid so why take it all so seriously ? Look around...we're on an obscure internet site dedicated to a very narrow subject......nothing here is that important....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

not even the cats? :cry:

flakes2 wrote:Imho this thread is just another witchhunt by the same hand full of thieves who are slowly getting paranoid towards the devs because they 'got a lot of copy protection trouble'.
Maybe you should take your own advice..........:roll:
flakes2 wrote:As long as you're not able to proof anything negative you should just shut up.
Accusing people of criminal activity is serious business especially when you have zero proof...I'd wager a bet that it violates the KVR Forum Rules so if the Mods are looking to hand out Bans they might want to look your way.......... :shrug:

Ok I'm done with this thread........the only witchhunt I see here is against people who dare to speak out against the dubious business practices of certain developers......

It's not worth getting banned because emotions are running high.......... :shrug:

chk071 wrote:Hm, i can't believe that it should be audible on softsynth plugins. That would kinda lead every programming to make the plugins sound well ad absurdum, as it would add incalculable and non desired elements to the sound. All very speculative anyway, as noone knows exactly in which way watermarking was implemented in the software.
hmm, didn't hear the difference.

Teksonik wrote:
flakes2 wrote:Imho this thread is just another witchhunt by the same hand full of thieves who are slowly getting paranoid towards the devs because they 'got a lot of copy protection trouble'.
Maybe you should take your own advice..........:roll:
flakes2 wrote:As long as you're not able to proof anything negative you should just shut up.
Accusing people of criminal activity is serious business especially when you have zero proof...I'd wager a bet that it violates the KVR Forum Rules so if the Mods are looking to hand out Bans they might want to look your way.......... :shrug:
teksonik, don't bother, flakes2 always pops up when something is related to Tone2. :)

Return to “Instruments”