Swarm - New GUI for Hive2 [OUT NOW]

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

markp wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:48 pm Does this skin run make the gui open slower? I paid for the skin and really like it and it’s not a deal breaker but it would be nice if it were similar in speed to the default skin. I kept it lean in the skins folder as suggested, just leaving the blue swarm skin in there and nothing else.
I think it does a bit yeah. It's heavy on resources unfortunately. Been looking into ways on slimming it down a bit, by folding some animations into one (a lot of knobs use two layers for animation) or using a tad more agressive png compression.
If you don't use Izmo, removing that from the theme folder might speed up loading a bit.

Would it be faster if it were only the default dark skin?

Thanks for the quick reply Ploki, I'll try deleting the Izmo skin and look forward to any updates. Love the skin :)
MacOS Ventura | Logic Pro 10 |

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:41 pm Would it be faster if it were only the default dark skin?
I've tried setting it as the default skin but it makes no difference. Its not only upon first load but anytime you open the GUI. And its not even THAT slow. Its a few seconds but I just got used to the default skin opening pretty much instantly.

markp wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:52 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:41 pm Would it be faster if it were only the default dark skin?
I've tried setting it as the default skin but it makes no difference. Its not only upon first load but anytime you open the GUI. And its not even THAT slow. Its a few seconds but I just got used to the default skin opening pretty much instantly.
I meant that the Swarm skin has a bunch of color options. I wondered if that slows it down.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:59 pm
I meant that the Swarm skin has a bunch of color options. I wondered if that slows it down.
Oh right. No it makes no difference.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:59 pm
yep. you could delete resources (backgrounds) of every theme you don't use and it would likely load faster. They're under panes, "sw_MAINBKG_color_##.png"
1, 4, 5 and 11 are about 2mb, other are smaller :)

@Ploki:
I missed the BF deal you offer on your site, at least the code doesn´t work anymore.
Do you plan another sale until the end of the year?

enCiphered wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:54 pm @Ploki:
I missed the BF deal you offer on your site, at least the code doesn´t work anymore.
Oh yes it was 14 days.
I’ll do another one today for end of year

Ploki wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:30 am
enCiphered wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:54 pm @Ploki:
Oh yes it was 14 days.
I’ll do another one today for end of year
Very nice, thank you :party:

Return to “u-he”