All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:02 am
khanyz wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:50 am Is there a release date for that? A search just brings up the old one.
I'm referring to the old one.
Damn, a new version of that would be sweet :wink:
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

For pro audio, I tend to trust the earlier stuff more. A lot of companies knock it out of park with their first versions and then figure out how to lower their costs with the later versions. Best example of that is Mackie.

True but I think it's mostly for big companies trading on early success. DOD 250 and ProCo RAT being prime examples. The reissue 250 is very good but definitely not the original (or grey spec). The RAT is a different beast entirely IMHO. Marshall seem to be one of the worst at it, though the Guv'nor plus is still great.

However, the new Fulltone Plimsoul is a significant upgrade.

Not sure where BBE stand on it.

You’re right. There’s definitely a difference in how boutique companies do things vs. the majors. Later versions of Catalinbread, JHS, Suhr, ZVEX, and Lovetone are also good, sometimes even better than the originals like you’re saying.

If I’m remembering correctly, BBE’s pedal line was designed by the son of the owner with the goal of bringing back vintage designs at reasonable prices. That’s a common theme now but those vintage designs only existed in the realm of boutique back then. Given how lauded the Vertex wah was before people found out it was a rebranded BBE, it’s probably fair to say the son reached his goal. Hopefully he’s still involved with the new versions. My own experiences with the original treble boost and Univibe were very good.

My experiences with G&L have been very good, of course I don't have anything from their budget line, only made in Fullerton CA for me. :tu:

Any thoughts on the Tech 21 SansAmp PSA 2.0? It's £159 at Thomann.

what do you cats like for an octave pedal ?
I keep hearing Jack White(& in my mind)and want to go there
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

363310104_860270845457867_279274947673290455_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Mister Natural wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:18 pm what do you cats like for an octave pedal ?
I keep hearing Jack White(& in my mind)and want to go there
I really like EHX POG2, a polyphonic tracking pedal.
Balance original, and signal one and two octaves up and down with sliders, can be combined with some filter options with envelopes if so.

8 presets on pedal, just recall what you need.

Tracking real well.

There are some stripped down simpler versions too.

Interesting, a mix knob would be welcomed. Hopefully a mix mod will turn up. The controls feel smooth and the switch feels optical.

https://youtu.be/6FI5ck_w74w

I pre-ordered a Chase Bliss Reverse Mode C ("an echo composed of multiple distinct voices that move in different directions - forward, backward, and up - that you can blend, isolate, and sequence, all glued together by some very colorful modulation"), and although it hasn't arrived yet, it has already impacted my set-up in major ways.

- it kicked my EHX Memory Man with Hazarai from my huge pedal chain
- it finally made me switch to stereo (so I had to reorganize my pedal chain, putting the stereo ones at the end)
- thereby kicking my mono reverbs (Topanga and Holy Grail - I'm keeping my Transmisser though, as that one has a resonant filter), and my Two Tones Cab M IR loader (and the loop pedal I used to isolate that one from the chain)
- while reorganizing my pedal chain, I decided to simplify my solution to feed my hardware synths into the pedals (another loop pedal, 2 AB pedals, and some cables gone)
- as I needed TRS cables to patch my stereo Chase Bliss pedals, I also bought 2 cheap expression pedals from Thomann (to dodge shipping fees), for the Transmisser and a few other pedals
- I've considered kicking my 4 Korg Volca, to free up the extra required audio interface input, but decided not to.
I will have to re-arrange inputs though (and adjust my Cubase template accordingly).

Tiring little pedal :wink:

In case you want one, they're built to demand so you have order by August 31st.
(A great move, IMHO, as it does away with the frustration of trying to order in vain. When CBA announced the Generation Loss Mk I, it got sold out in a couple of hours (I was just in time to order, but by the time I had entered my cc details, they had sold out. I stupidly complained in an e-mail, and Joel Korten replied apologetically, making me feel terribly guilty). I sincerely believe he really cares about that stuff, he says it's why he started this "Small Batch Bliss" pre-order thing)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:53 pm I can't see myself buying this Muff pedal (have many and a reamp box)
Your post made me wonder what a reamp box does, Google says it converts line-out to high impedance. Is that just a thing amps need, or do pedals require it too?

As to the Big Muff Pi Hardware Plugin, I'm glad it doesn't come in any of the 5 reissue flavours (Ram's Head, Russian, Triangle, Op Amp, Nano) I already own (3 of them, modded by JHS, even).
Surely EHX can't expect me to go for a mere generic Muff :wink:

Kidding aside, great move by EHX, it's good to see them innovate (as they famously did in the 70s).
They've been churning out some well received pedals as of late: Mainframe, the newest Nano and Pico pedals, Ripped Speaker, Attack Decay re-issue (the celebrity themed copies of existing pedals seem to be just a marketing trick though).

Welcome back cptgone!

:o indeed!!!

cptgone wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:19 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:53 pm I can't see myself buying this Muff pedal (have many and a reamp box)
Your post made me wonder what a reamp box does, Google says it converts line-out to high impedance. Is that just a thing amps need, or do pedals require it too?

As to the Big Muff Pi Hardware Plugin, I'm glad it doesn't come in any of the 5 reissue flavours (Ram's Head, Russian, Triangle, Op Amp, Nano) I already own (3 of them, modded by JHS, even).
Surely EHX can't expect me to go for a mere generic Muff :wink:

Kidding aside, great move by EHX, it's good to see them innovate (as they famously did in the 70s).
They've been churning out some well received pedals as of late: Mainframe, the newest Nano and Pico pedals, Ripped Speaker, Attack Decay re-issue (the celebrity themed copies of existing pedals seem to be just a marketing trick though).
A LOT of pedals will benefit from a reamp box. But it's not necessary for all. I've got Radial EXTC which is designed specifically for "using pedals in a studio setting" use.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Muff Pi Hardware Plugin is built to take line levels. If it sounds good, I wouldn't worry about it. I love a good big Muff. I recently picked up the EH Big Muff Pi Deluxe to go with some of the other Muffs.

Return to “Guitars”