Jack for Windows !!!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

what about latencies with Jack?

So how does the audio stream come INT to a host. Say Buzz, for example.

I don't want to ramener ma gueule, but it seems to be a french app... :)
You can't always get what you waaaant...

A3ntar wrote:what about latencies with Jack?
just tested it here, seems to be fine (although i cant tell how mcuh in samples there is)

D3CK

on linux jack is extremely low latency, even with a vanilla kernel running.
just a question here, why does it say "...for multi-processor machines" ?

the benefits of jack on linux are beyond, and independent from those of multiprocessor computers. is this basically the same program?

I will try it myself, if the answer is not known, but time is limited here so i don't want to waste it ;)

cheers.

PS: if anyone get running or knows how to get running QjackCtrl on Windows, like that screenie shows, can you post?
-g
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Anyone know if this thing just sends audio - like REAPER's Rearoute - or if it actually sends sync/timecode info as well? In other words, can you lock two app's timelines together with it, like using ReWire?

Thanks

ZdB

Well... any GUI suggestion?
What about QJackCtl???

tag this is DEFINITELY going to be amazing when i dl it

okay, sorry...can someone hold my hand in helping me install this? confused here :oops:

thanks! :D

Z3R0T0N1N wrote:why does it say "...for multi-processor machines" ?
The original jackd wasn't written for MP machines and so the locking algorithms used aren't as slick as they could be (e.g. there can only be one executing thread on an SP machine, so you can assume no deadlocking etc). The jackdmp daemon is a port to a more scalable locking architecture (well, that's what I understood of the project homepage). As that's the latest version of jackd it makes sense to port that to Windows, rather than the older jackd. Simple! :lol:

cool. got it :D

thanx, mr jones.
-g
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

The latest version of qjackctl on their page can be compiled for windows.

I have downloaded the mingw32 cross compiler but as yet don't know how to use it.... :hihi:

Perhaps someone with a compiler on windows could have a go at it!

fake
You cant beat people up then have them say "I love you"

I tried at compiling it (I use Dev Cpp, a GPL Ide for windows which includes the mingw compiler) but I had no results. It throws me errors during compiling... Probably (surely) I did some mistakes, but the documentation included in the package is not very useful for windows... I should try again...

What does it give me what Hubi's Loopback Device and ReWire doesn't give me?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

It's the same as VAC (Virtual Audio Cable) is it not? Cept this is free.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”