Producer Timbaland steals :(

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The original is a ripoff. Y'all know "Just The Two Of Us" by Bill Withers, right?
Listen to the song Timbaland sampled. The chords and they way the melody is phrased is practically a rewrite of the Bill Withers joint.

Oh, and: Big deal....

Yeah, that's what I said in the other thread, both songs are ripoffs. Big deal. That's the state of music these days.

Oh yeah and both songs are crap too.

sloworm wrote:thats dastardly. must be the first time in history.
:lol:

John Vulich wrote:Yeah, that's what I said in the other thread, both songs are ripoffs. Big deal. That's the state of music these days.
oh yeah just found it 8)
why would you open another thread anyway?

do the shure headphones have a flat frequency response?

John Vulich wrote:Oh yeah and both songs are crap too.
no shit...who cares...

I'm pretty sure I heard a C flat in both those tracks..
could be a case there too
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed by Timberland. I've always considered him the best RnB producer around. He's always been quite unique... seems like he's run out of ideas. Shame on you Timbaland :uhuhuh:

What I dont understand is that with the budjets these guys get why the hell they don't just don't hire some good session players to 'emulate' the style they want.. I dont get it..

L

Well, if re-hashing old SID tunes is the way to become an acclaimed producer, someone hand me a grammy. :roll:
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

Modeler wrote:Well, if re-hashing old SID tunes is the way to become an acclaimed producer, someone hand me a grammy. :roll:
Ironically, I seem to recall quite a few of the classic SIDs were basically re-hashing of other stuff to begin with. Have a listen to Philip Glass' Koyaanisqatsi for example. ;)

Here's a fun thing to try:

ftp://ftp.untergrund.net/users/reed/tem ... vening.mp3
(Click the link and listen to the first 10 seconds)

http://msntg.zingy.com/selectItem.php?k ... code=03576
(Click the preview button and listen to Timbaland's ringsignal - Blockparty)

Anyone spot a slight similarity? ;)

It's such a bland pop tune to start with. If you put down those drums and then a little bass line; the melody is just walking around the scale, nothing memorable. And it just machine repeats all the way through. It would be like trying to sue over a country chord progression.

There are more similarities than the progression (which is NOT a common one). There's the melody and the arps. How many R&B songs use C64 arps?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

It's not merely a similar progression or a section of melody, it's a sample. A direct rip.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”