sample format

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The reason for using compressed formats is easy: save space!
lets say you get a 1:5 compression ratio, that means you could load 10GB of samples in 2GB of memory.
Imagine a software workstation type rompler/sampler VST having a huge, and I mean huge library of extreme quality multisampled instruments, all loaded in RAM instantly available at the touch of a button, with near zero latency. Now that would be awsome! And it is what I am trying to build. But since I haven't found a single sampler supporting a compressed format, it seems my dream is just that for the time being.

My dream sampler would do this:
OGG or other compressed format (for instance codec compressed WAV files)
Able to store instruments as well as presets
Organize presets in standard MIDI banks that respond to both MSB and LSB bank change messages
Having multiple trigger events (Key on, Key off, Aftertouch, Legato etc.)
Able to utilise articulation scripts
Unlimited layers
Crossfading layer switches

Doc-Z

Save space, but at a massive cost. If this is only for you, then whatever floats your boat. However, if you plan on ever making a production for sale or for a client, compressed files will only give you mixdown headaches.

Mike

no matter what kind of audio format it is. Before it comes into the sampler, it must be converted to PCM wave format, because that is the real format we can manuplate in realtime.

The hardware romplers usually have a wave rom of 16MB and up. If they can stack 1000 waveforms into 1000s of presets, in pristine uncompressed 44,1khz quality without compression of some sort, into that small space, please tell me how to do it!

Doc-Z

Return to “Maizesoft”