ArtsAcoustic CL Series released

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

echopark wrote:First I must say these compressor make really sound ! Fantastic !

2 questions:

1.The dry / wet knob seems not to work right. When I switch to dry the signal is still louder compared to the signal when bypassing the plugin.
Should be 1:1 or not ?

2. Will there be a special discount for loyal Arts acoustic users
1. This is by design. The CL Series modeles the crucial parts of the units themself. Meaning, where we felt necessary, we did a direct modelling of some transistors/resistors, capacitors. These work exactly like their analog counterparts, i.e. also "suffer" from their side effects. The slight frequency altering due to small phase drifts which causes the level change, is one of those side effects, welcome to the "analog" world :) . However, these are measurable, but not audible (these changes are really minimal), so just readjust the output of the compressor stage (if you don't use the limiter). After all, you're anyway compressing the signal, so you'd have to do that anyway.
Hth!

2. Yes, but it's not yet set up.
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

nick at artsacoustic wrote:
K-Slash wrote:Okay guys,

The plugins crashe my host.

When I inserted the CL-1, I got an error message, and after clicking, no matter the button I click on, the host freezes and crashes, return to windows desktop.

It did it each time I tried to load it.

Here is the screenshot :

Intel Pentium 4 HT @ 3 GHz
3 GB DDR RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2
Samplitude 10
:? K_Slash, thanks for reporting. Could you be a bit more specific? I.e. on what exactly you do? It works like charm here on sam 10, i can't recreate it up to now.
I also get that error message, when loading the plugin in Live 8.1 and 8.0.1. I also tried iz with the latest energyXT demo and there it worked without a problem. The sound is very very nice :) !!!
So perhaps this has something todo with Ableton Live?

same in cubase - in windows 7 64 bit

Could that be the problem?
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

I for my part don't have a 64bit os, just 32bit.

When I inserted the CL-1, I got an error message, and after clicking, no matter the button I click on, the host freezes and crashes, return to windows desktop.

Here is the screenshot :

3 GB DDR RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2
Samplitude 10
:? K_Slash, thanks for reporting. Could you be a bit more specific? I.e. on what exactly you do? It works like charm here on sam 10, i can't recreate it up to now.
I just started Windows, launched my DAW (Samplitude 10), and inserted the CL-1 on a new track in a blank session.

I tried it again, it shows the same error message :(.

None of my others plugins ever showed that kind of message.

Is there some kind of Visual C++ libraries to install before it, just in case ?

K-Slash wrote:

Here is the screenshot :

3 GB DDR RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2
Samplitude 10
I just started Windows, launched my DAW (Samplitude 10), and inserted the CL-1 on a new track in a blank session.

I tried it again, it shows the same error message :(.

None of my others plugins ever showed that kind of message.

Is there some kind of Visual C++ libraries to install before it, just in case ?
We found it already, it's an easy one to fix. Expect a fix soon.

Thanks, please bump this topic when it's done :).

Will do that of course. :)

Buying this beast as soon as the AA Reverb owners' price is hooked up.

8)

Buying this beast as soon as the AA Reverb owners' price is hooked up.

+1 :love:

ericj23 wrote:same in cubase - in windows 7 64 bit

Could that be the problem?
Is it the very same error message as been reported for Samplitude and Live before? Cubase 32- or 64bit?

Cheers,
LiteOn

Hello,

an updated version (v1.0.5) of the ArtsAcoustic CL Series has been uploaded to our website.

--- What's new in ...

1.0.5:
* Fixed: Didn't work in some hosts

You can download the demo version on our website.
Kind regards, alexander at artsacoustic.com

This compressor is amazing!! I already own Sonalksis, Kjaerhus and Voxengo stuff, yet I still really am considering picking up a copy of this. I'll wait for the ArtsAcoustic customer special and then decide, nice job guys! :)

Hi,

I don't want to spoil a party, but apparently this compressor isn't 'opto' at all.

First, we all know that the main feature which makes a compressor opto is a dependence of it's release time on incoming signal length. It's not there.

Second, Opto compressor has a soft knee. It's not there.

Third, it seems CL1 uses a linear compression curve instead of a traditional logarithmic. It might help you to save CPU usage but it is far from what real opto compressors have.

So, why did you call it 'opto'?

BTW, it (v.1.0.5) can't be opened in Wavelab6 and it constantly crashes Sound Forge10.

Thanks,
Vitaly.

Vitaly wrote:Hi,

I don't want to spoil a party, but apparently this compressor isn't 'opto' at all.

First, we all know that the main feature which makes a compressor opto is a dependence of it's release time on incoming signal length. It's not there.

Second, Opto compressor has a soft knee. It's not there.

Third, it seems CL1 uses a linear compression curve instead of a traditional logarithmic. It might help you to save CPU usage but it is far from what real opto compressors have.

So, why did you call it 'opto'?

BTW, it (v.1.0.5) can't be opened in Wavelab6 and it constantly crashes Sound Forge10.

Thanks,
Vitaly.
Well, I'm curious about that too, even if to me, they sound great :).

Return to “Arts Acoustic”