Caustic 3 now out for Android and iOS!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there! I upgraded my previews version of caustic but it seems that I can not run the application. ''The application Caustic (process com.singlecellsoftware.caustic) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'' Whenever I try the same message appears. :(
Last edited by Optical Fingerprint on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looking forward to playing with this. Many thanks

Thanks for this release, it looks awesome!! Thanks too, for releasing it for free on Windows! I can't wait to see what I can do with C3!!!

Happy Holidays,
G

I've only tried out a demo/tutorial song, and I'm already just sitting with a big grin on my face. This thing is amazing, didn't expect it to sound _that_ good to be honest (prob had something to do with the android roots), but it do sound absolutely great. The intro beat is huge. Super smooth interface on the iPad, scrolling/flicking between the various synths and other units (a la Reason). Very impressed by this one, and I can already tell I'll have countless hours of fun diggin into to all this.
------------------------

Soundcloud:
https://www.soundcloud.com/chris1a-1

Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

Optical Fingerprint wrote:Hi there! I upgraded my previews version of caustic but it seems that I can not run the application. ''The application Caustic (process com.singlecellsoftware.caustic) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'' Whenever I try the same message appears. :(
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? What device is this on?
The other thing to try is to connect your device to a computer and delete the "quicksave" and"config" files in the /caustic directory and try again.

Thanks for the response!

My device is an Archos 70 intrernet tablet. The point is that since the installation of the new version I've lost all my previews caustic projects and although caustic seems to be installed, strangely there is no caustic folder at all. I installed/uninstalled the application several times with no positive results. Version 2 of Caustic was running perfectly.

I'm using caustic since v2 in my android galaxy s3. v3 working fine, thanks for this excellent update!
best android daw.
:love:

I'm so happy to see this on iOS! Just downloaded it and WOW has this grown since the first versions I used on my Samsung Vibrant. Always hoped that it become available on iOS! Now I can ditch the Vibrant!

Thanks Rej!
Dave

This really blows my mind! It has so many great synths and effects and the arrangement view reminds me of Orion, which is awesome. It is immediately intuitive, snappy, and visually well-organized. I am pleased that you can see so much, even on an iPhone screen. It can take the place of most of the synths I have to use in piece meal process. Thank you!

YYYYEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!! 8)

AstralExistence wrote:it all those stupid cubasis fl mobile etc etc there based on samples. boring and very limiting. of course, there are some mobile studios similar to caustic but caustic is the best and most complex mobile music application. pretty much reason for android
How lame. How can it be that some cannot praise a good app without incompetently diss others? A criticism like the above seems like an epic fail these days where you can call up HQ synths by IAA directly from programs like Cubasis, BM2 and Tabletop and and record them as well as control them by virtual midi. :nutter:

And if we should take the outdated look at studios as selfcontained units they are not solely samplebased. Cubasis has an onboard synth of a very decent quality and so do Nanostudio, Meteor and Tabletop (the iMini if you install it).

And BM2, Nanostudio and Tabletop have automation as well.

Only thing "stupid" here are such misinformative and misguided statements as the quoted.

And BTW: You can actually open Xewton/FL Mobile instrument files in Caustic's PCM synth. Thus the dev takes a corporative stand towards other studios and not a competitive.

Is there an easy way to transfer projects from android and ios versions?
Instant human just add coffee

BiancaNeve wrote:Is there an easy way to transfer projects from android and ios versions?
Seems to me that you can use iTunes transfer once you have transferred your Android files to PC. Do not know if Caustic 3 is backward compatible with Caustic 2 or if the iOS version is compatible with the Android version, but I cannot see any reason it shouldn't be.

Another way of transferring files from PC to iOS would be through iExplorer,

http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

a great file browser for iOS that I use myself. It is payware but really worth it IMO.

There is also iFunbox,

http://www.i-funbox.com/

which is still free. I have had some problems with this one in the past, so I do not know how well it works now.

Have just transferred my favorite samples and my FL Mobile inst.-files to Caustic 3. They can be opened in the PCM synth. Really cool.

Cheers

skinnable! :party:

quick test:

:hyper: :wheee:

IncarnateX wrote:
Have just transferred my favorite samples and my FL Mobile inst.-files to Caustic 3. They can be opened in the PCM synth. Really cool.

Cheers
Where did you put the instr files? I just tried one which I put in app file sharing/presets /PCM synth

It showed up in caustic but caustic crashed as soon as I tried to load it.
Instant human just add coffee

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”