NOOB Question.. (Non mastered music in my car)

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

But in my car.. The with noise is like.. "lagging" ?.. like a VERY quick sidechain.. Only at the drop where the bass goes.. :S "

Would this go away when its mastered?.. :)..
It's like described above, some frequency band(s) on your mix cause your car system to overdrive. Your comparison to a very quick sidechain fits exactly, because something pretty similar actually happens happens: the overdrive causes clipping or a brickwall limiter/very fast compressor (depends on your player/amplifier implementation) kicking in to safe your speakers from taking damage. That's the "VERY quick sidechain" you notice and you get rid of it by reducing the presence of the freq band that causes the overdrive ;)

:party:
Last edited by jantjie on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TB_Isone does that, not sure how successfully though

Mastering plugins are great IF you know what you're doing ... the problem witb Mikeys tune imho is that the kick and bass are too loud. The rest of the track hasnt got a chance ... plus, the track hasnt been mastered, so volume-wise it can't compete with commercial mixes. But theres no point mastering a track that isnt mixed properly ...

this has nothing to do with mastering - you room isnt translating properly and thus giving you an inaccurate representation of your mix!

Return to “Production Techniques”