Cape Different - ElectroProg (Seismic Throwback)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ecamburn wrote:Great sounds. Nice slow build up. A nice relaxed vibe to the piece but still plenty of energy and drive. Really liked the lead lines. I really enjoyed it.
Thanks for listening and commenting. Glad you liked it :)

Those slow pads certainly help to disguise the tempo of this one.

seismic1 wrote:But you can't be sure what they're preparing in the back. It may say Saltimbocca on the menu......
I've seen worse. I was served a hamburger with green meat in Budapest. :o
seismic1 wrote: That's probably down to the synths used, although I've mixed up the reverbs on this track, and I've got some Camelspace action going on too.
Yes, the TAL stuff has an organic quality and it must be easy to add variations with Camelspace.

sbj wrote:Great blend of different synths. Theres a lot going on, but it doesn't
sound overcrowded.
On a personal taste level I would have preferred the drums a little
more upfront and punchy, but that's all.

Well done (as always)

Cheers :tu:
Thanks very much for taking a listen and commenting, sbj. Glad you liked it :)

After the next track (Hot Hog Infusion) is done, I'm taking a break from remixing for a few months, and I'll be making some new tunes. I may remix a few oldies towards the end of the year. Maybe this will be one of them. I was thinking of doing something with the kicks on here.

layzer wrote:the build up is very good. starting with the nice little tinkles, building, building.... then that feedbackish lead weaves its way in... building to a great finale. a most enjoyable listen :phones: :tu:
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, layzer. Glad you liked it :)

I really should use Oatmeal more often.

So much already been said. Just my two cents. Some cool energy I feel in this track. I like the arps and how it builds up. And very pleasant lead sound in the second part, I really enjoyed it! :tu:
: : vokje : : oxebe : :

This sounds great Seismic 1 :)
I like the mood and evolving textures very much - it's certainly a captivating listen!
(It also reminds me of an early 1980s type of TV drama tune, which I think it when most of the best themes songs were made!).

Cheers,
Doug

PatchAdamz wrote:Nice Work kemosabe !
You are the DUDE...... :)
Thanks very much for listening and for the great comments. Glad you liked it :D

Very cool Tim! Love the way you manage the build up as always, great atmosphere, drama, tension and some really nice synth sounds to boot! :tu:
Image Image

Nice work. I like the shift around 2:17. Also what is apparently a bubbly acid lead (I was thinking of it as a mouthpop-sounding synth until I read the thread). Enjoyed. Thanks, seismic1.

And, wait, Hot Hog Infusion?
No longer a moderator.

wavephonic wrote:the allure here was how the percussion and seq moved but theres an ambience of pads and swaying lead to offset the mood. opposites attrack
Thanks for the listen and the comments, wavephonic :)

I guess its a contrast of hard vs. soft, fast vs. slow on here.

Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote:But you can't be sure what they're preparing in the back. It may say Saltimbocca on the menu......
I've seen worse. I was served a hamburger with green meat in Budapest. :o
That sounds eerily similar to the veggie option :hihi:

seismic1 wrote:After the next track (Hot Hog Infusion) is done
:-o Is that name finalized? It sounds similar to this or perhaps I'm just demented. :ud:

Maybe that slang is US only.

Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote:After the next track (Hot Hog Infusion) is done
:-o Is that name finalized? It sounds similar to this or perhaps I'm just demented. :ud:

Maybe that slang is US only.
hot pork injection? :scared:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

oxebe wrote:So much already been said. Just my two cents. Some cool energy I feel in this track. I like the arps and how it builds up. And very pleasant lead sound in the second part, I really enjoyed it! :tu:
Thanks very much for the listen and comments, oxebe. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Cubix and Rezv2.0 on arp duty. Oatmeal on the lead.

Doug1978 wrote:This sounds great Seismic 1 :)
I like the mood and evolving textures very much - it's certainly a captivating listen!
(It also reminds me of an early 1980s type of TV drama tune, which I think it when most of the best themes songs were made!).

Cheers,
Doug
Thanks very much for listening and for the great comments, Doug. Glad you liked it :)

I can't seem to leave the '80s behind :)

Return to “Music Cafe”