VBC its on sale what to do ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

murnau wrote:you will get on top the usual discounts from jrr,audiodeluxe etc. got mine for $82 bucks.
Kind of a no-brainer at that price. What codes are required, if any?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:
murnau wrote:you will get on top the usual discounts from jrr,audiodeluxe etc. got mine for $82 bucks.

Cheers
-B
you have to be logged in then it's an automatic process afaik.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

three :lol: :lol: :lol: because you get three plugins when purchasing VBC. :D
Your loss. Quantity or quality... you decide. :D
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

murnau wrote:
BERFAB wrote:

Cheers
-B
you have to be logged in then it's an automatic process afaik.
OK, got it. Very easy.

Thanks for the tip.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

javahut wrote:
murnau wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

three :lol: :lol: :lol: because you get three plugins when purchasing VBC. :D
Your loss. Quantity or quality... you decide. :D
ahh.. you doubt about quality regarding slate plugins?.. thats worth at least six:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Excellent compressors... for $83 (must be about 60€) it's a no brainer.

As Slate user, I can recommend VBC up and down. Even if you only want to use the comps for slight coloring (i.e. running the signal through the Vari-MU, without gain reduction - works great on vocals).

A couple of informative bits however:

- the RED3 clone (FG-RED) is a bit different than the RED3 (Midnight Suite) from Focusrite - the attack especially (FG-RED is a tad slower). Take the search functions for a ride. Dave Gamble (CEO of DMGAUdio, who worked for Focusrite the time the Midnight Suite came out) talked a bit shop with me about the RED here on KVR. I have both (VBC and Midnight), I use both, I'll never look back.

- if you plan to use these plugins in VST3 and in Steinberg Wavelab - you won't have any fun. Wavelab has a severe bug where more recent VST3 plugins by various companies (among them Klanghelm, Slate Digital, Tokyo Dawn Labs, etc) do not render the audio stream (among devs, it's known as the "Audio Forward Bug"). The VST2 version is working fine in pretty much all Steinberg hosts.

- yes, I can confirm what MFXxx wrote regarding an engine update for VBC (there are also more comps rumored). Slate Digital is working in parallel on that, but other plugins and bugs like with Wavelab have a higher priority.

Is it worth it?
IMO absolutely.

If you can get it for 84USD incl. iLok2, even more so. Unless you have a iLok2 already.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:As Slate user, I can recommend VBC up and down. Even if you only want to use the comps for slight coloring (i.e. running the signal through the Vari-MU, without gain reduction - works great on vocals).

A couple of informative bits however:

- the RED3 clone (FG-RED) is a bit different than the RED3 (Midnight Suite) from Focusrite - the attack especially (FG-RED is a tad slower). Take the search functions for a ride. Dave Gamble (CEO of DMGAUdio, who worked for Focusrite the time the Midnight Suite came out) talked a bit shop with me about the RED here on KVR. I have both (VBC and Midnight), I use both, I'll never look back.

- if you plan to use these plugins in VST3 and in Steinberg Wavelab - you won't have any fun. Wavelab has a severe bug where more recent VST3 plugins by various companies (among them Klanghelm, Slate Digital, Tokyo Dawn Labs, etc) do not render the audio stream (among devs, it's known as the "Audio Forward Bug"). The VST2 version is working fine in pretty much all Steinberg hosts.

- yes, I can confirm what MFXxx wrote regarding an engine update for VBC (there are also more comps rumored). Slate Digital is working in parallel on that, but other plugins and bugs like with Wavelab have a higher priority.

Is it worth it?
IMO absolutely.

If you can get it for 84USD incl. iLok2, even more so. Unless you have a iLok2 already.

Thanks for this nice explanation,i have the midnight suite but i don't like it its doesn't sound that good for me its a bit plastic.I compared before when demoed the FG Red with the Red in Liquid mix and the tone was kinda the same but the FG Red has more balls.I have Ilok2 as using the Slate VCC with it.I will use AU logic so i think there will be no issues with it.I remember here as well someone does shootouts with couple old Drawmers and the VBC well VBC still sounds like a plugin but smooth one and very useful especially the Vary MU.I am planning to track analog with 500 series and after that does the little corrections digitally wheres i have lot of options i think i am going to pull the trigger Slate stuff is good and the prices with this discounts are far better then UAD ...

Bought it yesterday, i never could have get it for the usual price. So far i'm liking what i'm hearing. It's pretty smooth, doesn't really squash your mix like some other plugin i have. Totally recommended.
musisikamar.com

[quote="xamido"]Bought it yesterday, i never could have get it for the usual price. So far i'm liking what i'm hearing. It's pretty smooth, doesn't really squash your mix like some other plugin i have. Totally recommended.[
Great mate enjoy it i am buying it later too thats the point doesn't matter hw sw if it sounds good thats the ticket :D Sw so far start to sounds nicer and nicer !

lacandon wrote: Thanks for this nice explanation,i have the midnight suite but i don't like it its doesn't sound that good for me its a bit plastic.I compared before when demoed the FG Red with the Red in Liquid mix and the tone was kinda the same but the FG Red has more balls.
The Liquid Mix is DSP module that is based upon IR's. The "Midnight Suite" is pretty much "algo". However, the Midnight suite lacks the nowadays pretty much everywhere included "saturation".

Maybe this is what you think in terms of sounding "plastic". Doesn't mean that all these tools are crap though. Sometimes "surgical" and "pure digital" tools do the trick, sometimes tools with saturation modules built into.

lacandon wrote:I have Ilok2 as using the Slate VCC with it.I will use AU logic so i think there will be no issues with it.
A client of mine uses Logic and also has a couple of Slate Digital licenses. No problems so far.

lacandon wrote:I remember here as well someone does shootouts with couple old Drawmers and the VBC well VBC still sounds like a plugin but smooth one and very useful especially the Vary MU.
The only "clones" in the bundle are the FG-RED (Focusrite RED3 Comp) and the FG-GREY (SSL 4000 Bus Comp). FG-Vari MU is a mix of several VariMu comressor designs, so no clone in particular.

Either way, they are versatile no matter what you fling at them. If you don't have ton of clones already, then this might be a nice entry drug.

lacandon wrote:I am planning to track analog with 500 series and after that does the little corrections digitally wheres i have lot of options i think i am going to pull the trigger Slate stuff is good and the prices with this discounts are far better then UAD ...
The advantages over analog/outboard gear are still the ammount of units you can use, and of course total recall. It's not rare that these plugins are on discount, but I haven't seem them as low so far.

So if you like them, go for it.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

lacandon wrote:i have the midnight suite but i don't like it its doesn't sound that good for me its a bit plastic.
O/T: Can NOT second that. Very decent set of plugins, up to par with Softube et al. The EQ has impressive shelves and the comp is an absolute slammer for tightening a snare. Just don't hit their inputs too loud, listen to what they're doing and all will be good. I don't want to be a donkey opening, but if you can't get a good tone out of them... then it's not really the plugins' fault. :shrug:
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Compyfox wrote:
lacandon wrote: Thanks for this nice explanation,i have the midnight suite but i don't like it its doesn't sound that good for me its a bit plastic.I compared before when demoed the FG Red with the Red in Liquid mix and the tone was kinda the same but the FG Red has more balls.
The Liquid Mix is DSP module that is based upon IR's. The "Midnight Suite" is pretty much "algo". However, the Midnight suite lacks the nowadays pretty much everywhere included "saturation".

Maybe this is what you think in terms of sounding "plastic". Doesn't mean that all these tools are crap though. Sometimes "surgical" and "pure digital" tools do the trick, sometimes tools with saturation modules built into.

lacandon wrote:I have Ilok2 as using the Slate VCC with it.I will use AU logic so i think there will be no issues with it.
A client of mine uses Logic and also has a couple of Slate Digital licenses. No problems so far.

lacandon wrote:I remember here as well someone does shootouts with couple old Drawmers and the VBC well VBC still sounds like a plugin but smooth one and very useful especially the Vary MU.
The only "clones" in the bundle are the FG-RED (Focusrite RED3 Comp) and the FG-GREY (SSL 4000 Bus Comp). FG-Vari MU is a mix of several VariMu comressor designs, so no clone in particular.

Either way, they are versatile no matter what you fling at them. If you don't have ton of clones already, then this might be a nice entry drug.

lacandon wrote:I am planning to track analog with 500 series and after that does the little corrections digitally wheres i have lot of options i think i am going to pull the trigger Slate stuff is good and the prices with this discounts are far better then UAD ...
The advantages over analog/outboard gear are still the ammount of units you can use, and of course total recall. It's not rare that these plugins are on discount, but I haven't seem them as low so far.

So if you like them, go for it.
Thanks Compyfox ur opinions are always very competent.To be fair i like the eq in the Midnight Suite (Dave most powerful field) i dont think is crap i think is a bit plastic just the comp i like focusrite plugs otherwise strangely why they didn't ported natively the Forte Suite very nice plugs as well.
Cheers i am getting it later to finish some tunes probably tomorrow!
s

Again, the EQ and the comp lacks the nowadays much desired saturation. That's why it might sound plastic. Still versatile, and your only chance to get towards the ISA/RED modules in software form.

The FORTE Suite was unfortunately ProTools only. There were attempts at updating it (I know that from some shop-talk) - but it didn't happen so far. My hope goes out for an update as well - I'd get it instantly. Then again, IIRC EQuilibrium has the ISA/RED vibe built into.

Either way... it's good to have both Comps. The Midnight can be more agressive for certain signals, while the FG-RED can be more smooth for other signals.

Delete
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”