New Rob Papen Synth: RAW

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAW

keel wrote:Most ugliest gui ever
Yeah, this one need some beautifcation

Green and blue, doesn't go well together

Looks more like a Rack Extension than a VST...

The demo tracks did put me off quite a bit, especially track two and three made me think of some of the worst tracks I've heard in the late nineties (my brother was into Dutch gabber/hardcore back then) :smack:
I understand that I may not be the target audience, but I wonder if this is the best way to market the synth. I'm sure the synth is capable of more than that.

paterpeter wrote:I understand that I may not be the target audience, but I wonder if this is the best way to market the synth. I'm sure the synth is capable of more than that.
Indeed.
yzcoruhT

I'm saving for Hive. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Indeed...Hive next :tu:

*edit* on the fence with Hive so far
Last edited by db3 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

paterpeter wrote:The demo tracks did put me off quite a bit, especially track two and three made me think of some of the worst tracks I've heard in the late nineties.
lol, was thinking exactly the same :D
Particularly the track by the 2 DJs allegedly behind its design :oops:

I felt the demo tracks were weak as well... Never a good start.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I guess I'm the only here liked what I hear, maybe not a full track of it.
Most ugliest gui ever
They can be as ugly as they want as long as they keep making the preset browser the new way :hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Unless the GUI is huge, the controls and labels seem hard to read. Papen always assumes people have 20/20 vision :)
Yeah, I also have problems editing my Rob Papen plugins because of that.
All the knobs and writing are for young people with perfect vision :)
But the presets usually are the best of all synth develpers (imo), so I don't mind that I cannot really edit the synths.
RAW doesn't interest me too much though, I don't use that kind of sounds in my music.

Awful demo

Sounds a bit too lo-fi (waveshaped) and looks a bit too retro...
20 years ago I would have bought it... :P

The demo songs sound like the first songs I ever made in my life... :neutral:

keel wrote:Most ugliest gui ever, and the sound is like ten years old synthedit synth. Doh..
+1

KEv

If I'd buy a waveshaping synth, I'd prefer Z3ta+ 2 which sounds much better and has tons of features. But I already have it...

The idea of RAW is good but it looks and sounds half-baked...

Btw... the U-He Hive is out for public beta testing. The U-He GUI is IMO a lot better compared to this synth.

I also don't understand the idea behind RAW. RP could have just added these features to Predator and release it for version 2.0.

Blue 2 was great, but this one.... feel half baked indeed.

ps : can we stop mentioning Hive please? It's a good synth, but there's other thread to discuss it.
musisikamar.com

Return to “Instruments”