Tips for getting plucks thick and upfront?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Touch The Universe wrote:
BDeep wrote:Entitled, was the word that I was looking for.
? :ud:
I think he meant the OP's attitude.

Kinh wrote:
NystagmusE wrote:Personally I disagree with alot of what's been said.
I think up front implies intelligeability and clarity which is accomplished by a combination of good sound design (synthesis) and decent EQ. Also the composition posted above is pretty minimal which helps to keep things clear during the minimalist parts.

Nobody can really teach you how to EQ over the internet.
Actually there are several ways to learn how to EQ on the internet but that's not what this is about. I know how to EQ.

If you dont know how to do this (what I'm asking) then that's okay, but its' pretty pointless commenting just to say that. I posted this so people who do know their sh*t could share their tips. If that's not you then fine, either way looks like I'm sh*t out of luck cause no one on KVR seems to know anything about producing or mixing as all the comments here seemed to be theory based, not practical (and not just this thread, all of them).

Seems kvr is a forum that's geared towards amateur enthusiasts who are in the market for stuff.

Maybe I should just try another forum that specializes in production discussions by actual producers.

Thanks anyway...I guess. :neutral:
Looks like all that meditation is really working out for you in the creativity and anger management department, eh?

ghettosynth wrote:
Kinh wrote:
NystagmusE wrote:Personally I disagree with alot of what's been said.
I think up front implies intelligeability and clarity which is accomplished by a combination of good sound design (synthesis) and decent EQ. Also the composition posted above is pretty minimal which helps to keep things clear during the minimalist parts.

Nobody can really teach you how to EQ over the internet.
Actually there are several ways to learn how to EQ on the internet but that's not what this is about. I know how to EQ.

If you dont know how to do this (what I'm asking) then that's okay, but its' pretty pointless commenting just to say that. I posted this so people who do know their sh*t could share their tips. If that's not you then fine, either way looks like I'm sh*t out of luck cause no one on KVR seems to know anything about producing or mixing as all the comments here seemed to be theory based, not practical (and not just this thread, all of them).

Seems kvr is a forum that's geared towards amateur enthusiasts who are in the market for stuff.

Maybe I should just try another forum that specializes in production discussions by actual producers.

Thanks anyway...I guess. :neutral:
Looks like all that meditation is really working out for you in the creativity and anger management department, eh?
He might not fit in there either since they generally call people who make music - artist, while music producers deal with other peoples music and don't make anything really.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I just love the idea that there is this uber-special Top Producas Forum where all the Top Producas hang out and exchange tips. And, even if there was, they would look kindly on the question: "how do I make the most basic, fundamental sound in EDM today sound good?"

Kinh wrote:Tried sharpening transients
Do the opposite. When you soften transient, you lengthen the harmonic content of the sound. The plucks in the David Guetta track you're referencing do not have sharp transients.

Kinh wrote:Man, I am shocked :o no one, n-n-no one has any advice on this. I mean you gotsta be kiddin' me. :dog:

Most people that get on dese forums are into EDM, most are producer enthusiasts, yet no one has any opinions on how to mix plucks?! A staple in any EDM track?
Wow, I must be eff'n dreamin'. :ud:
From my observations, alot of KVRers are not into modern popular types of music. Many seem to be into more obscure electronic genres. I have no proof, just a general observation based on my visits over the last 3 years. I know a place that's a lot better to get answers to your question, but I'm not sure if rules permit me to mention it.

EDIT: r/EDMProduction. - Hands down best place to get many answers from different points of view for the type of question OP has.

Also, if you have Ableton or FL Studio, they have very active subreddits.
Last edited by xcentric on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

xcentric wrote:
Kinh wrote:Man, I am shocked :o no one, n-n-no one has any advice on this. I mean you gotsta be kiddin' me. :dog:

Most people that get on dese forums are into EDM, most are producer enthusiasts, yet no one has any opinions on how to mix plucks?! A staple in any EDM track?
Wow, I must be eff'n dreamin'. :ud:
From my observations, alot of KVRers are not into modern popular types of music. Many seem to be into more obscure electronic genres. I have no proof, just a general observation based on my visits over the last 3 years. I know a place that's a lot better to get answers to your question, but I'm not sure if rules permit me to mention it.
I think so. I'm into underground house and techno and even that is too modern for most of KVR really. There are quite a few newcomers that show up for a post or two and then leave who are into EDM at some level.

I don't think that there's any problem with recommending other sites. Not that I know, but I do it all the time and I wouldn't be paranoid about it.

It's not a problem here to name other sites unless I've missed something. GS is the place that bans people for linking to other forums.

I've certainly linked to other places in the past.

Gamma-UT wrote:GS is the place that bans people for linking to other forums.
Really? :o

Thats quite pathetic.

AnX wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:GS is the place that bans people for linking to other forums.
Really? :o

Thats quite pathetic.
I've got the feeling they've changed the wording on this. I'm sure it used to be "don't link", but here's the rule:

"17. You may not “fish” (recruit) for users/readers for any other pro audio forum or blog. If you are caught doing this you risk account suspension and the URL will be added to our “censor” list."

ghettosynth wrote:
What a twit you are. :roll:

I've got no problems with my creativity, Mr. Underground so dont you worry bout dat. But thanks for your concern. :hihi:
Angry? No, just disappointed. Look it up, I think you'll find there's a difference. Just wished people knew what they're talkin' about on this forum that's all. I know their hearts are in the right place and I appreciate them at least trying but I just assumed when people respond to these posts they're experts or at least tried this very thing out with success. Otherwise what is the point in replying?

Kinh wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
That's a creative response. I see that you're as creative with words as you are with sound design.

Keep working on those plucks, maybe you should email David Guetta and see if he can help you out with some ideas. He might even appreciate some of your tips on creativity.

Don't give up on that anger management, maybe you need a crystal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1XWmO4REQ8

ghettosynth wrote:
Kinh wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
That's a creative response. I see that you're as creative with words as you are with sound design.

Keep working on those plucks, maybe you should email David Guetta and see if he can help you out with some ideas. He might even appreciate some of your tips on creativity.

Don't give up on that anger management, maybe you need a crystal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1XWmO4REQ8
^^^TRANSLATION: Haha ha Ive got him now, he responded hehehe..I am so smart, look at me everyone, hehehe. What a clever boy am I. This guy is smarter than me yet I can still get to him with my impotent words on the internet..hehehe. I think I might repeat "anger management" because it may have triggered something in him...hehehe. I am so clever. Look at me! :hihi:

What a disappointment you are. :dog:
I think you need to get a life mate, either that or knuckle down and start creating some music for a change instead of wasting your time on the internet. Maybe you should learn to meditated so you can dissolve that doubt and conflict that's stopping you. :wink:

Kinh wrote:This guy is smarter than me
Yeah, trust me on this, nobody here is thinking that.

thats a symphonic or ensemble effect or and have a sound that use unison with many detune oscilators spread in stereo base. a synth that allow very easy with few setting such sounds is electra2 from tone 2. is also able to play samples. this have great unison or ensemble effect and surround simulator to create fat sound. to get sound more in face you can use the surround simulator set to back. now when mix the sound come more near. the demo can use for 15 minutes after each plugin add, so you can see whats possible. i think this is the synth with the fattest sound can get easy, because it have many high quality effects and simulate surround to.
but i not buy it, it crashes on win 10 and in the arp can not load and save patterns. i test synthmaster i not get such results. maybe there come a update for it. i write to tone2 but i get no answer. A real great synth, but it have currently lot limits for me.

Edit: the effect in electra 2 that make fat near sounds can use in master or insert slot and is name as smart unison
Last edited by magicmusic on Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Return to “Production Techniques”