MSpectral Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSpectralDelay

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Melda are well aware there are and have been other spectral delays.
But at the moment on the market, there are only just a few ones. 2 or 3 max, so competition won't be very tough and Melda is probably very happy about that.

The only spectral delay plugins still (most of them are not available anymore) available now that I aware of are:
-Artificial Audio Obelisk
-GRM Tools Fusion
-What else?

So it'll quite easy for Melda to crush those.

Still wondering why NI stopped selling their Spectral Delay.

Remember (but not too good) a discussion in the Ableton forums about Live's built-in delay that also featured a basic kind of that technique. A point was that this introduces phase(?) horror and the like. But, as I said, don't recall the details and I'm not an expert anyway.

Wow... I feel like 2 weeks is a way larger than needed time window for this kind of $0 intro offers, but I know nothing and I guess they made their market research and calculations.

Looking forward to it. It seems very nice and it's something I never really tried :)

elassi wrote:Still wondering why NI stopped selling their Spectral Delay.

Remember (but not too good) a discussion in the Ableton forums about Live's built-in delay that also featured a basic kind of that technique. A point was that this introduces phase(?) horror and the like. But, as I said, don't recall the details and I'm not an expert anyway.
The fft DSP that spektral delay and vokator used was licensed from somebody outside NI. When the license expired they discontinued the products. I don't understand why they didn't just renew it. They seemed popular. Aphex twin released an entire ep with nothing but spektral delay on it. Even if they couldn't get the rights again it seems like whoever owned it would have released it on their own. I dunno. I still use spektral delay quite a bit. It will be nice to have a modern equivalent without having to worry about lack of updates and such.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Mmmuchos thanks to MMMelda!
- WonderEcho -

Ugh i need to download the installer just for this plugin? :roll:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:Ugh i need to download the installer just for this plugin? :roll:
Sure because you may install other plugins then. It automatically installs all presets from all plugins too :wink: Nothing comes for free... Be aware of warnings from your AV! Don't know why but it's only the melda installer that triggers my AV since the 1st time I downloaded it and there are many threads here regarding this.

I've asked on the Melda forum, but it's crickets. I want to keep my old v10.x Melda plugins for compatibility with old products, but I also want the latest versions so I can try the new stuff. Does anybody out there know if this is doable?

Edit: read up on the compatibility mode. Hope it all works.

Gregorius wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Ugh i need to download the installer just for this plugin? :roll:
Sure because you may install other plugins then. It automatically installs all presets from all plugins too :wink: Nothing comes for free... Be aware of warnings from your AV! Don't know why but it's only the melda installer that triggers my AV since the 1st time I downloaded it and there are many threads here regarding this.
So its a false positive then?

Also i dont want to install all plugins, just MSpectral delay. Is that possible?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:
Gregorius wrote:

Also i dont want to install all plugins, just MSpectral delay. Is that possible?
You don’t have to install everything, simply select what you want to install.... :dog:

Ah_Dziz wrote:The fft DSP that spektral delay and vokator used was licensed from somebody outside NI. When the license expired they discontinued the products.
Thx for the information. Never heard about it before. :tu:

Halonmusic wrote:
Gregorius wrote:
Don't know. Back then it wanted access to the Windows systems folder... ...since no audio plugin needs access to it I better installed it in a VM just to demo :lol: But I can say that no other installer besides the melda ever triggered my AV.

Neon Breath wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote: What is free exactly and how to get it?
Free means free. Here's how: https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSpectralDelay
Oh thanks :)

I've heard very positive opinions about Melda plugins, but this 200+ MB installer is already not very encouraging :?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

The big installer is kind of a pain in the butt especially for people with bandwidth limitations and ceilings. I have avoided that problem by buying the totalfx bundle on sale... I will say that the free plugins are worth that download (you can grab the whole free bundle along with the spectral delay giveaway). The installer used to be much larger in the olden days as well. With NI and other companies, I've gotten used to giant installers for single products. Sad, but true. The extra bits and pieces along with the multiple formats make for bloated software packages.

JJ

simmo75 wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
Gregorius wrote:

You don’t have to install everything, simply select what you want to install.... :dog:
Ehh.. it has been mentioned that the 'installer' installs everything even If you de-tick the ones you dont want to install! :clown:

Could be wrong though. :!:

Return to “Effects”