SynthMaster 2 and Player VST3 betas available on Windows!

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In Cubase if they have the same ID, both don't show up in the vst plugin manager, only the vst3 shows up... if you then remove the vst3 from the plugin folder only then does the vst2 show up.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:51 am Btw there is no sound from BT FM Cretins patch (though I just checked, there is no sound in the vst2 version either for this preset).
VST2/VST3/AAX/AU/Standalone they all use the same engine. I will look into this issue.

Thanks
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:38 pm
zvenx wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:45 am
Why did you give it this weird name, especially on mac.. some pc vst2 NOT vst3 plusings indeed have the x64 suffix to their name, but none that I have anyway have both 64 and x86 and that is on pc, I am not aware of any mac plugin with that (unnecessarily) long name?
There are 2 separate architectures on MacOS:

x86-64
arm64

To see which one is being recognized by the DAW, we append the architecture to the name. the name is NOT the ID of the plugin. Each VST2/VST3 plugin has a UNIQUE ID. DAWs remember plugins with that id.
you are the only one I have found so far doing it.
yes I know that is not the ID of the plugin..It just looks unnecessary long in the project window of Cubendo.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:45 am But the name though.. why?
rsp
Your DAW is displaying the DLL name for the VST2 plugin. The reported name of the VST2 plugin is also "SynthMaster 2 x86-64"

Won't be elaborating on this further.
Works at KV331 Audio

Look at these for instance.
You can see that Korg did the correct vsti ID process for Poly6 and prophecy but not for Triton and Triton Extreme (they all have vst2 and vst3 installed).

Look at NI, they did it correctly.. for those that they have as vst3's ... Kontakt, Massive X, Maschine, Komplete Kontrol and Super 8 only the vst3 versions show up in Cubendo's vst plugin manager window... and they too have vst2 and vst3 installed..
So all my old projects that had MassiveX Kontakt, Maschine and Komplete Kontrol that used vst2 now automatically use the vst3 versions (as it should).

Also note the Korg are now Native Silicon, though I have an intel mac it doesn't show any suffix that indicates the architecture just shows the name of the plugin in the plugin manager.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

kv331 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:40 pm
zvenx wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:45 am But the name though.. why?
rsp
Your DAW is displaying the DLL name for the VST2 plugin. The reported name of the VST2 plugin is also "SynthMaster 2 x86-64"

Won't be elaborating on this further.

This actually makes my life much simpler.. Thanks for this.

rsp
sound sculptist

kv331 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:09 am Guys,

Thank you for your patience. Here are the update installers (require v2.9.10 or 2.9.11 installed on your system):

Windows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wxyran0r9dhq ... p.zip?dl=0

MacOS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6ub69qh1kbsv ... p.zip?dl=0
Aaarrgghhhh!!!!! Well, this worked in terms of installing a vst3 version of synthmaster 2 but I now can't use the VST2 version which is being used by loads of my songs.

When the song loads I get the error:
The following preset bank file is daved with a higher version of SynthMaster and therefore can not be loaded: <path>Factory Presets.smpb
If i ignore this then the tracks with the VST2 version do play but I can't edit the patch, the interface doesn't work and if I try and save the patch it comes up with an error. How do I rescue all the stuff I have using the VST2 version of synthmaster?

I'm using Studio One Pro

dastewart wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:52 pm
I'm using Studio One Pro
Studio One will attempt to replace a VST2 plugin with a VST3, if both are available.

You can defeat this behavior by renaming that VST3 to a different file extension, so S1 will scan only the VST2.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Actually, both instruments are showing up separately, it hasn't tried to replace the VST2 instrument with the VST 3 one. The problem is that all my songs which had VST2 synthmaster (before I upgraded) now don't really work. They will play but I can't go in and edit or save the patches.

dastewart wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:30 pm Actually, both instruments are showing up separately, it hasn't tried to replace the VST2 instrument with the VST 3 one. The problem is that all my songs which had VST2 synthmaster (before I upgraded) now don't really work. They will play but I can't go in and edit or save the patches.
Well, i haven't upgraded yet (not beta testing). So cannot compare them. Thanks for sharing!
Hopefully PreSonus support can help you recover your work!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

The vst3 version works terribly in Cubase 11.The vst2 version works fine.

Guys, please check for updates inside SynthMaster and download the latest version (2.9.12, revision 12558). That version fixed critical issues for the vst3 version.
Works at KV331 Audio

Okay, downloaded the latest update (12558) and ... works perfectly :). All my old VST2 tracks now load up with the VST3 version and all patches work as before.

Phew. Thanks, Bulent.

The latest releases of Synthmaster seem to make it impossible to load my older (pre-VST3) tracks in Bitwig Studio, because they are looking for a plugin with the ID "Synthmaster 2 x86-64" which no longer exists.

Is there any way for me to keep the updated version but also install that old file for my existing songs, at least until I can save presets from them and replace them with the VST3 version? Reinstalling the old version requires uninstalling the new version, but I'm already using that on some tracks and I'm worried I'll create more issues by downgrading.

Update: Actually, just copying and pasting Synthmaster 2.dll to "Synthmaster 2 x86-64.dll" allows both my old and new tracks to work, and then once I'm done migrating my old tracks I'll just delete the copy. Problem solved, I think!
Ben M

bmcclure wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:15 am The latest releases of Synthmaster seem to make it impossible to load my older (pre-VST3) tracks in Bitwig Studio, because they are looking for a plugin with the ID "Synthmaster 2 x86-64" which no longer exists.

Is there any way for me to keep the updated version but also install that old file for my existing songs, at least until I can save presets from them and replace them with the VST3 version? Reinstalling the old version requires uninstalling the new version, but I'm already using that on some tracks and I'm worried I'll create more issues by downgrading.

Update: Actually, just copying and pasting Synthmaster 2.dll to "Synthmaster 2 x86-64.dll" allows both my old and new tracks to work, and then once I'm done migrating my old tracks I'll just delete the copy. Problem solved, I think!
Our dll name has always and is fixed: SynthMaster2.dll

Hosts don't search for plugins by name, plugins have unique IDs. If Bigwig is doing that, that's really weird.
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “KV331 Audio”