Your go-to compressor in 2023?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Magicdeatheye (+ stereo)
Analog obsession BusterSE (Neve one is also cool)
Kush Novatron (also AR1, Silika, UBK1)
Unisum
Black rooster VLA-2Amk2
Kiive Xstressor
PA mc77
TDR MolotGE

depending on source/goal

DMG Audio TrackComp & Behringer MDX2600
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Ableton The Glue

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:44 pm Ableton The Glue
= Cytomic The Glue for non-Ableton users.

Pro-C 2 for mixbus (just because i'm used to it)

MModernComp when i need a clean compressor

MTurboComp for everything else

DMG Audio Trackcomp2 & Logic Pro's Stock compressor!

Presswerk from U-He is still the best, afaic.

Guiscard wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:11 am DMG Audio Trackcomp2 & Logic Pro's Stock compressor!
Logic compressor is one I’m coming back to every time. Maybe it’s not the most exciting one, but is very versatile and usually just works.
At first sound was to rough for me, but once I switched to 96khz it’s much better.
Still this is my goto until I find something better (or not)

Also Logic stock compressor, and occasionally Waves API 2500.
Guiscard wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:11 am DMG Audio Trackcomp2 & Logic Pro's Stock compressor!
How do you think Trackcomp2 complements Logic compressor?

the_eraser wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:35 pm Also Logic stock compressor, and occasionally Waves API 2500.
How do you think Trackcomp2 complements Logic compressor?
They are pretty similar in terms of modern GUI with different flavors of vintage compressors + good metering visuals.

But I would say Trackcomp2 gives you more options in term of compressors (bit better for the 1176, 2LA, dbx, Gbus emulations + amazing API 2500 & Zener) and the workflow suits me better (best autogain feature I've seen in a plugin, offline oversampling and you can tweak more parameters).

It's a bit boring, but I use TrackComp all the time, everywhere, on tracks, on the master-bus or for mastering.
When I use another compressor, it takes more time to set and I never know if I will keep it.

With TrackComp I'm almost sure it will fit. I use other compressors only because I bought them and I feel bad they stay unused. Among my favorites that I use only from time to time : Pulsar MU, Iron and the Black rooster VLA-3A...

The feature I'd like to see in TrackComp is the Compression Range you can find on the Arturia's ones (that I generally like, even if I don't gel with the Diode-609). It's nice to have hardcore settings but to know that the compression will not go above a certain amount of GR...

+1 for u-He Presswerk.

Arturia, Analog Obsession, PA and Kiive usually.
quod tu es, ego fui, quod ego sum, tu eris

I guess a Cubase one for those rare times that I record my voice. I have no need for compressors on anything else.

Tony's DC8C.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”