Diva 1.4.6 revision 15017

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

I am glad to see Diva supporting CLAP with preset discovery. It works well. Is it possible, however, that informing the host about loaded presets is missing?

From preset_load.h:

// Informs the host that the following preset has been loaded.
// This contributes to keep in sync the host preset browser and plugin preset browser.
// If the preset was loaded from a container file, then the load_key must be set, otherwise it
// must be null.
//
// [main-thread]
void(CLAP_ABI *loaded)(const clap_host_t *host,
uint32_t location_kind,
const char *location,
const char *load_key);
} clap_host_preset_load_t;

Tried that demo in Renoise now, really nice to see the select box issue finally fixed, hoping for updates in your other plugins, too. But I noticed one thing, the 60Hz refresh rate seems to be gone (vst3, Renoise, m1 arm macos, 120% scaling, but also with 100%), feels/looks like 30hz or less now. These preference options do not seem to have any effect anymore:

Code: Select all

V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='AllViews:Cocoa View Update Strategy:AUTO'
V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='AllViews:Cocoa View Cache Bitmaps:ALL'
V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='AllViews:Cocoa Draw Async:YES'
V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='AllViews:Editor Frame Rate:60'
V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='AllViews:Cocoa View Updates:ECO'
Or is gpu acceleration gone, accidently?

EDIT: Feels normal 60Hz in Bitwig, but not in Renoise. Strange.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:59 am But I noticed one thing, the 60Hz refresh rate seems to be gone (vst3, Renoise, m1 arm macos, 120% scaling, but also with 100%), feels/looks like 30hz or less now. These preference options do not seem to have any effect anymore:

EDIT: Feels normal 60Hz in Bitwig, but not in Renoise. Strange.
The refresh rate will not be set through the preferences file anymore, the plugin now checks and uses the refresh rate used by the system.
If your display is set to 60Hz, that's what the plugin will use automatically.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

SaganTech wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:19 pm I am glad to see Diva supporting CLAP with preset discovery. It works well. Is it possible, however, that informing the host about loaded presets is missing?
I still can't seem to get presets to show for Diva except after fiddling around with the browser several times and even then only as a useless long list of presets, not organised into banks

Fixed: Glide time was longer when using small audio buffer size

Umm, how much longer was this? I use 512 samples here and the other half of our project uses 64 samples :D
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

legendCNCD wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:08 am Fixed: Glide time was longer when using small audio buffer size

Umm, how much longer was this? I use 512 samples here and the other half of our project uses 64 samples :D
64 was fine. From 32 or below it could be up to I think twice as long...

Looking forward to this! Thank you! :tu: Image

A sad day to be an FL user.

jtsterays wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:27 am A sad day to be an FL user.
Huh? Why?

Urs wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:58 am
Huh? Why?
Still no CLAP support.

Yeah, that's sad, indeed.

Diva 15017, CLAP, Linux, Bitwig 5.04. The Voice Stack modulator is not enabled (does not seems to be able to be enabled) and yet modulations can be added. How does this work actually ?

divaClap.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CLAP offers two ways to identify a voice for modulation and such: By MIDI Port/Channel/Note (which is what we do) or by a so-called "NoteID", which is what we don't do. Afaiaa, Bitwig's Voice Stacking only works with the NoteID-System.

We're looking into using NoteIDs in the future, but it looks a bit gloomy.

All right Urs, thanks for the prompt feedback ! Cheers.

jtsterays wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:08 pm
Urs wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:58 am
Huh? Why?
Still no CLAP support.
And no MPE support!

Return to “u-he”