Where is Reason 13?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xbitz wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:11 pm https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

VST3 and Apple Silicon keep them busy, and they're going to drop the entire Authorizer-based update system. Good bless them for this.
Speaking of which, Companion app is still not AS native :( Rosetta only - WTF!!!
Everything else works as expected and I believe that Reasonstudios are first to announce full compatibility with macOS Sonoma :)
Edit: I’ve just received email from Reasonstudios stating that Companion app update due next week will include full AS support :) :party:
Last edited by Atlatnesiti on Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:46 pm
xbitz wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:11 pm https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

VST3 and Apple Silicon keep them busy, and they're going to drop the entire Authorizer-based update system. Good bless them for this.
Speaking of which, Companion app is still not AS native :( Rosetta only - WTF!!!
Everything else works as expected and I believe that Reasonstudios are first to announce full compatibility with macOS Sonoma :)
Well no need to wait. It is. Using it since day one and no problem whatsoever (as RRP).

I refused to upgrade to 12 until they added VST3; then the upgrade price was rather high until the recent sale to go with the change in activation scheme. So from my perspective the updates have been rather critical to purchasing it at all...

joshuahardee wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:48 pm I've been a Reason user since v2.5 lol. Reason 11 Suite was my last upgrade and mostly bought that for the plugin rack. I lost interest after they dropped the Suite edition and started marketing the subscription model. Barely used R11 and have since moved on to Ableton and recently Bitwig. I never open R11 anymore unfortunately...

Wish they would have stayed on the same "propellerhead" path, but when they got bought out, changed to ReasonStudios and a new CEO arrived, things changed from innovating to "how can we make as much money off this IP with the least amount of effort or investment back into the IP". This is when I stopped investing my $$$ back into them and haven't really looked back since...
I think you should reconsider, RRP works beautifully with Bitwig. The RRP allows to bring another ecosystem to Bitwig and it is very fun, you can even mix the midi players from Bitwig with the players from Reason, it is maximum fun. And there are still a few devices from Reason which are legends:
Objekt is an absolute beast. Objekt is to physical modelling what Diva is too VA or Serum to wavetable.
Friktion.
Grain ==> Grain + FFT + Spectral is just a joy to play with.
Europa: Reminds me of Thorn or to some extent to Vital as wavetable + Spectral but with a unique feel.

And then you have all the rack extensions, Zero Hybrid is still my best sounding FM Synths (and I have all), Antidote from Dune 3 creators, Exhale, VK2...

And I didn't even start to talk about midi players and effects...

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:06 pm Friktion is a reason to get any version that supports the rack plugin. Their DAW is of no interest, not even the slightest, I am too happy with Bitwig…
The rack itself is a different approach to modularity, something I would not reject though its isn’t that innovative or inspiring either…
Agreed. As I mentioned I hope you tried Objekt too.
One point is I still find it inspiring in its ay to be so different from Bitwig.
Force to change thinking.

xbitz wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:01 pm ^^^ Studio One is the DAW that manages to look uglier with each new version; I wouldn't underestimate this.

S1v3 was prettyScreenshot 2023-10-05 at 16.03.38.png
That's v2 though. ;) They switched to the dark GUI with v3.

xbitz wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:01 pm ^^^ Studio One is the DAW that manages to look uglier with each new version; I wouldn't underestimate this.

S1v2 was prettyScreenshot 2023-10-05 at 16.03.38.png

the plugins still look good thx to their legacy(S1v2 ^^^), but otherwise :roll:
Studio One v6.x is just plain ugly. I didn't mind v3-5 but 6 is ugly as hell. I always liked the way v2 looked. Functional, no frills, straight to the point. Everything is visible, nothing is hidden.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro // Ableton // Reason // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

xbitz wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:11 pm and they're going to drop the entire Authorizer-based update system. Good bless them for this.
What are you talking about? Dropping what? :o
MuLab of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:38 am
xbitz wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:11 pm and they're going to drop the entire Authorizer-based update system. Good bless them for this.
it's still a secret
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

12.7 is in beta right now.

? ? ? wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:19 pm
revvy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:10 pm Yes I do.
No you don't
You're a terrible mind-reader.

I'm not.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

xbitz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:35 am
liquidsound wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:38 am
it's still a secret
if more than one person know something then is no longer a secret :hihi:
MuLab of course :D

Why would you want R13 ?
Pro users need stable, glitch free tools that work like they are supposed to.
Nothing worse than the « one major (paid) update a year «  that cost you money, messes with your previous or even existing sessions, and brings only cosmetic goodies (see izotope, NI Kontakt, for exemple).
Can’t you make music with what’s already in Reason ? Then buy another daw, or another plugins.
By the way, I love the new authorization system and some of the new instruments…

Calagan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:39 am Why would you want R13 ?
Pro users need stable, glitch free tools that work like they are supposed to.
Nothing worse than the « one major (paid) update a year «  that cost you money, messes with your previous or even existing sessions, and brings only cosmetic goodies (see izotope, NI Kontakt, for exemple).
Can’t you make music with what’s already in Reason ? Then buy another daw, or another plugins.
By the way, I love the new authorization system and some of the new instruments…
Watchout folks, we got a "Pro" user chiming in... and one that has no interest in any new versions to boot!

I could repeat my original post to answer your sorta-questions/primarily-self-backpatting, however It's best if you simply re-read it with comprehension glasses on.
Have you tried Vital?

Calagan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:39 am Pro users need stable, glitch free tools that work like they are supposed to.
Agreed. Why anyone would not care about bug fixes is beyond me.
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”