KORG modwave mkii

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Korg Supporter wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:02 am
vurt wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:16 pm
Korg Supporter wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:10 pm Until they announce something super cool (Well, they already announced a polytouch keyboard), KORG has become sort of a joke at this point.
you need to get your forum name changed.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... tifactName
Maybe it’s always been about this Korg.

Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:44 pm Is there an upgrade charge for owners of Modwave Native 1?
Are free running LFOs in Modwave Native 1.1.3?

If so, you might already have the new features.

Bandaide wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:17 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:44 pm Is there an upgrade charge for owners of Modwave Native 1?

I’ll check later.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:32 pm
Bandaide wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:17 pm

I’ll check later.
Seems like I do!
Zerocrossing Media

I'm still playing with the Native demo deciding if I can stand its interface. Korg so tabby. Looks nice though and sounds amazing. Decent presets even in the demo.

I'm thinking of a hardware wavetable synth in the future, so it seems like a good candidate. Waldorf is just too expensive. I also just love how eccentric it is, and maybe future updates will give us a granular effect.
<list your stupid gear here>

AFAIK Modwave native doesn't really have freeruning LFOs (just yet). You can set a random startpoint but not truly freerunning.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:55 am AFAIK Modwave native doesn't really have freeruning LFOs (just yet). You can set a random startpoint but not truly freerunning.
Doesn't that produce the same result in practice?

No it does not. Random startpoint is random. A freerunning LFO would link to song position pointer so that it renders identically every single time (plus a new phrase would start at a logical phase position based on LFO rate, not a random value).

stoopicus wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:08 pm I'm still playing with the Native demo deciding if I can stand its interface. Korg so tabby. Looks nice though and sounds amazing. Decent presets even in the demo.
It was a good deal so I bought it. I also have Wavestate Hardware/Native so they can go together like brothers!

Yeah I will probably get it. It is indeed a good deal. I think the sounds in there are actually more musically useful than the Wavestate, unless you are really in to layered sequences. Wavestate probably better for soundtracks and soundscapes, modwave probably better for music.

Both are really deep when it comes to motion in sounds.

Yeah just got it, it's such a cool and unique instrument I couldn't resist in the end.

Yeah, it can do some lush analog pads.

stoopicus wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:45 pm I think the sounds in there are actually more musically useful than the Wavestate, unless you are really in to layered sequences. Wavestate probably better for soundtracks and soundscapes, modwave probably better for music.
I did some ordinary synth sounds with Wavestate, but it was so boring picking samples in a list for every PWM ratio you wanted and such. Really cumbersome for that.
- instead of just turning a knob on ordinary synth

So really made for sequencing.

Thought at first Modwave was cool in how they visualize movement with bouncing object and such. But too close to Wavestate(which I sold a year ago).

So got an OpSix instead as I found that magnitudes deeper in what you can do although not many good factory presets to start off with on first version, v2.0 sounds were way better.

Korg really impresses either way bringing something new.

Yeah they really went in a different direction with these and all three are fantastic and unique. They are just cool instruments.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”