6%
Have you tried Bitwig?
38%
Fish
31%

Total votes: 72

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:03 pmGiven the choice. I say Live. To get started creating. Once You have your tune. Mix in Logic
Just out of interest, what would be the process of getting an arrangement from Live into Logic? Would you have to save all your patches, for instruments and effects, rebuild it all in Logic and then rebalance the mix? Or can Logic import and parse Live project files or something? Because if it can't, it seems like a lot of extra effort just to get back to where you were when you finished with Live.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:56 pm
Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:03 pmGiven the choice. I say Live. To get started creating. Once You have your tune. Mix in Logic
Just out of interest, what would be the process of getting an arrangement from Live into Logic? Would you have to save all your patches, for instruments and effects, rebuild it all in Logic and then rebalance the mix? Or can Logic import and parse Live project files or something? Because if it can't, it seems like a lot of extra effort just to get back to where you were when you finished with Live.
Bounce all tracks end to end as separate files. Most DAWs can do this these days, lets you mix and master in a DAW like Logic that has a better automation system for mixing and mastering. Lives automation is geared towards composition, and really simple compared.

@bones

Once I had an arrangement w performance fx if needed, I would export individual stems. Bring the stems into logic and mix from there using mix fx if needed.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

What should be favourite colour? Anyone with experience?

Woosh…?

And the favourite colour should be the one you like the most.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

machinesworking wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:51 am
Bounce all tracks end to end as separate files. Most DAWs can do this these days, lets you mix and master in a DAW like Logic that has a better automation system for mixing and mastering. Lives automation is geared towards composition, and really simple compared.
Lol... that's honestly the most absurd thing I read in a while...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:30 pm
Pretty much you saying this proves what an amateur you are. Not said to be offensive or rude, but there are almost zero songs in the Billboard top 100 that weren't mixed and mastered in Pro Tools and hardly any that were created from start to finish in Pro Tools. Most people know this, so apologies if you're referring to Bones's original quote, but I'm still confused by why you would think this type of overtly aggressive response is a conversation starter? or ender for that matter? Why are we here? is it to insult each other?

machinesworking wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:40 pm
jens wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:30 pm
Pretty much you saying this proves what an amateur you are. Not said to be offensive or rude, but there are almost zero songs in the Billboard top 100 that weren't mixed and mastered in Pro Tools and hardly any that were created from start to finish in Pro Tools. Most people know this, so apologies if you're referring to Bones's original quote, but I'm still confused by why you would think this type of overtly aggressive response is a conversation starter? or ender for that matter? Why are we here? is it to insult each other?
I don't know what Pro Tools has to do with any of what has been written in this thread - what might be your point? How would I know what "songs in the billboard top 100" have been mixed and mastered with? And why would it matter? And what does it have to do with the conversation at hand? Again: what might be your point?

I'll gladly explain what mine was:

You suggested to render what one created in Ableton Live to complete the mix in Logic specifically because - as you claim - it has a better automation system for mixing and mastering.
You don't at all explain what is better about its "automation system", nor do you in any way even just hint at what is specifically better about it regarding "mixing and mastering" and epecially compared to whatever other kinds of automation you were considering in contrast.

So first of all you made some dubious claim without explaining it/ backing it up with facts in the slighest - but then again that is not uncommon here at all. Most of these kinds of threads here go on for pages without most participants ever talking about any specific features.

(One really gets the impression they root for this or that DAW because they like the colours, or because they are attracted to the lifesstyle they associate with it, or because their favourite artist uses it or perhaps just because someone said that it "has a better automation system for mixing and mastering" or that "there are almost zero songs in the Billboard top 100 that weren't mixed and mastered in Pro Tools" - you would not believe the kind of nonsense people come up here without ever even blushing)

But second of all - and more importantly (and it's also the reason I almost pissed my pants when I read your initial post) - rendering literally means reducing the number of parameters one can automate. So you suggest to actually significantly reduce the number of automatable parameters in order to be able to automate better. :lol: :dog: :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

What the f**k has happened to Bones' face?
I used to be Bunnyboy many many years ago

Um, do each instrument in a different Daw, then send it off to Steve Albini. He loves mixing digital stuff.

Bunny_boy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:46 pm What the f**k has happened to Bones' face?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6469786/

I don't want to click that!!!

Bunny_boy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:46 pm What the f**k has happened to Bones' face?
he got so grrr hes now red :shrug:

Bunny_boy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:58 pm I don't want to click that!!!
It's so completely SFW it's embarrassing...

jens wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:01 pm
Bunny_boy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:58 pm I don't want to click that!!!
It's so completely SFW it's embarrassing...
Facial anger? I guess it's better than, say, buttock anger

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”