Darkpalace Studio - Sloth slew rate limiter plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sloth

Nice to see somebody else exploring this kind of DSP! :D

Laguna_999 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:29 am Introducing Sloth: The Slew Rate Limiter for the Digital Age!
Are you planning to ship notarized versions for Mac at some point?

Laguna_999 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:15 pm
Erik_Lucas wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:25 pm UI has issues on Win 11 FL Studio 21.
Can you be more specific or perhaps share a screenshot? Feel also free to send me a mail to the official mail address that can be found on the website or on the shop page.
Will do!

hey212 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:05 pm
Laguna_999 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:29 am Introducing Sloth: The Slew Rate Limiter for the Digital Age!
No. Honestly this notarization stuff feels like a massive extortion scheme to me. "Nice piece of software you have there. Would be a shame if people wouldn't be able to run it properly. Be so kind and pay us 99$ a year, will ya.".
At least people can easily bypass the actual issue (the blocking software in the OS) by typing a command in the terminal. :tu:

It has some value as a deterrent since you can’t distribute malicious software anonymously, but Apple does love collecting a little rent whenever possible.

Laguna_999 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:35 am
hey212 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:05 pm
No. Honestly this notarization stuff feels like a massive extortion scheme to me. "Nice piece of software you have there. Would be a shame if people wouldn't be able to run it properly. Be so kind and pay us 99$ a year, will ya.".
98.99$ should be quite the discount though!

It's awesome to see the use of asymmetric rise and fall. That will also lead to an asymmetric signal, so a DC filter is a must to keep the signal normal. The filtering possibilities are huge, but like any slew rate limiting, is dependent on the settings for the input to distort in a predictable way :clown:

camsr wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:20 pm 98.99$ should be quite the discount though!
Let's not get too crazy, this deal only applies in leap years on February 29th. :clown:

camsr wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:20 pm It's awesome to see the use of asymmetric rise and fall. That will also lead to an asymmetric signal, so a DC filter is a must to keep the signal normal. ...
Exactly! That is why Sloth offers a DC filter. Please check the manual for the DC section as well as the Examples and Tricks section for some more insights on this topic.

Enjoying Sloth after Modo Bass to shape the bass to how I want it.

I am experiencing an issue where when I switch the oversampling, it freezes Cubase 13.

WithLibertyMusic wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:57 pm I am experiencing an issue where when I switch the oversampling, it freezes Cubase 13.
Great to hear that you enjoy the plugin. Could you let me know which version of the plugin you are using? There has been a fix for switching oversampling included in v1.0.1.

Please feel free to send me a mail to the official support mail address listed on the website or on the shop.

BeatsBasteln kindly did a video where he showcased sloth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw6SbvLAp2w

Return to “Effects”