How to get this DnB bass sound? (audio clip included)

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok, gave it a quick whirl, here are 6 different examples: I don't know that they're what you're looking for, but, well at least they show some synth1 tweaking: I could add more click to the beginning of a couple of them. These were limited, that's all: add fx to taste.

Synth1 kickybassthing

I don't pretend to know how to make the music, I just thought after hearing the clip that you could get close for free :)
..what goes around comes around..

I exported them as samples just for kicks, and started using the "pogo" effect in the FL sampler window: you can make anything kick with that! (Samples, anyways :) )

badpioneer wrote:What was that reFX synth that did all the hoovers? That would be a good place to start. Or find some hoover samples and layer a kick sound on top.

Hope that's helpful at all.
if i have any memory, i thought REFX used to have the Alpha Junox synth but then there was that controversy with Dash over who owned it or whatever. so they dont sell that anymore but it was a great plugin cause it was simple and had a great hoover sound.

Mr. Tunes wrote:
badpioneer wrote:What was that reFX synth that did all the hoovers? That would be a good place to start. Or find some hoover samples and layer a kick sound on top.

Hope that's helpful at all.
if i have any memory, i thought REFX used to have the Alpha Junox synth but then there was that controversy with Dash over who owned it or whatever. so they dont sell that anymore but it was a great plugin cause it was simple and had a great hoover sound.
...nope - it has been the other sound designers group called roland...
they discontinued the junox and later released the vaguard instead...

Sounds like a Titan (Reaktor EI vol.1) preset to me.

I reckon you could make a similair thing in Stomper then treat a bit with some fx like camelphat and get something similair 8)

Sounds good though cannae wait to get round to writing some more dnb

boompah

ouroboros wrote:ok, gave it a quick whirl, here are 6 different examples: I don't know that they're what you're looking for, but, well at least they show some synth1 tweaking: I could add more click to the beginning of a couple of them. These were limited, that's all: add fx to taste.

Synth1 kickybassthing

I don't pretend to know how to make the music, I just thought after hearing the clip that you could get close for free :)
How did you get the 2nd gabber-kicky bass sound in that example!?!

Right-click, "save as" otherwise it will display the text of the file: synth1 just saves the parameter info as text.

Gabber-kicky Bass

Have to put it in a folder and direct synth1 to it, of course. I started with one of the Likwid kicks and tweaked here and there. When I recorded the mp3 I compressed/limited.

oh yeah, I can't remember, but I may have doubled the note: switched polyphony on and played the same note an octave apart at the same time.

I realize now that you were talking about an entirely different sound in that sample. I feel stupid now. :oops:

Anywho...I think ouroboros has the right idea.

If you had Orion Platinum, you could use the Tomcat for that. It's great for kick sounds like these. Stomper is a good suggestion too.

-m2k

chase - synthedit :x

any synth that will let you set the curve of the pitch eg will do.. eg. for kicks, imo something sharper than exponential (def. not linear) is rellyrellyrelly kinda what you want..

i got a few that have this, eg. kick (tho the osc is just basic sine..)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote: any synth that will let you set the curve of the pitch eg will do.. eg. for kicks, imo something sharper than exponential (def. not linear) is rellyrellyrelly kinda what you want..
That's how Stomper works-extreme pitch curves.

another alternative: as the synth1 patch; the resonance of the filter is set very high, and the level of filter applied controls the pitch of the resonance: which is the kick sound. er., more clearly: with the resonance set high, the filter envelope and depth controls the kick envelope and tail. The filter velocity response and tracking then determine pitch instead of the note played.

And always check out xoxos stuff: gems.

Return to “Production Techniques”