Wave Designer 0.3.10 / Customer Discounts / Tone2 Crossgrades Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

As a producer, sound designer and/or musician, would this application be useful in your current workflow or creative process?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 182

RELATED
PRODUCTS

rlahalla wrote: - SFZ and multisample support (long wavs)
Add SF2 if possible. Discovery and Corona would benefit greatly from that format.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Z3TA has some nice wave shaping features worth looking at.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look and see if there isn't something worth combining in there :)
george wrote:Add SF2 if possible. Discovery and Corona would benefit greatly from that format.
SF2 and SFZ are definitely on the list, along with Corona and Discovery, but it will just depend on how quickly I can get them into the project. Either way, they definitely will both be higher priorities :)

For anyone who is interested, I tried to start a Kickstarter project for Wave Designer, but apparently your project needs to be open-source, which this is obviously not. Since I can't do it on Kickstarter, I'm going to start my own Kickstarter-style project on the DNR website, and anyone that wants to help, is more than welcome. 90% of the funding will go towards the addition of more advanced features until I get all of the suggestions included. Dunno when I'll get it up online, but I'll make a mention here when it's all set. Those who contribute will get instant access to the version that is already done, plus all future updates.

It is nice to see motivation! :)

I urge us all to spread the word.
There has to be little corners in a lot of communities online that would be really "geeked" by this project.
ImageImageImageImage

rlahalla wrote:For anyone who is interested, I tried to start a Kickstarter project for Wave Designer, but apparently your project needs to be open-source, which this is obviously not.
Might be worth checking if IndieGogo have the same prerequisite.

highkoo wrote:It is nice to see motivation! :)

I urge us all to spread the word.
There has to be little corners in a lot of communities online that would be really "geeked" by this project.
Thanks for the votes of confidence my friend :)
whyterabbyt wrote:Might be worth checking if IndieGogo have the same prerequisite.
Never even heard of it until you mentioned it, thanks for the reference Sean :) I was looking into it only because people who have contacted me are fairly adamant about including the node editing for the initial V1, but even if it isn't plausible I'm still going to proceed with the gameplan anyways. It may just take a little longer, but I'm not in any rush myself.

Well, I looked into using IndieGoGo, which seems a little less restrictive, but I think that in the end, I'm going to rely mainly on our own resources, and also publish a very simple project "funding" page for those who would like features added faster. I'm personally content with moving at a slow pace and building this up over time, but I've been getting a lot of mails from users who would like this, that and the other thing added to the V1 release. We'll see..

For those who are interested, I've setup a pre-order program for the software, which is available HERE. The page has been updated with all relevant information, and I'll start posting some sound examples with waveforms I've been making through Wave Designer shortly.

Developer's bundle owners and previous 1 or 2 year subscribers: DO NOT PRE-ORDER IT - you will get the software for free anyways.

Just put in an order. This really looks like it's going to be spectacular, and I can't wait to start using it with Alchemy. Hope everything goes well!

And for everyone else, pre-order this, it's definitely worth it.

Interested but too pricey IMO

Kriminal wrote:Interested but too pricey IMO
If that's too pricey, I don't know what to tell you Dave. At that price, I'll be lucky to make back what I've spent even thus far. I'm not doing this for a profit, but I sure don't want to lose money either.

The price is right in my opinion. Anyone who doesn't think so could always go and find another bit of software that does the same job for less, or buy pre-packaged wave cycles and see what costs more...

audington wrote:The price is right in my opinion. Anyone who doesn't think so could always go and find another bit of software that does the same job for less, or buy pre-packaged wave cycles and see what costs more...
I agree, seems like a very Reasonable (see what I did there, lol) price for what we'll get. Looking forward to this!
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

audington wrote:The price is right in my opinion. Anyone who doesn't think so could always go and find another bit of software that does the same job for less, or buy pre-packaged wave cycles and see what costs more...
Yeah, that was essentially the idea behind the project. Until I started this thing, my process of creating proper single-cycle waveforms was extremely inefficient and tedious. On top of that, once it's done, it's going to cost me a lot more than it has so far, and that wasn't even factored into the pricing. If this thing _started_ with all the features that have been requested so far, I would have priced it much higher than this. There are a few features on that list that will cost a lot of money to implement and I highly doubt that the revenue from this will even make a teeny dent in the overall development costs. If I break even on this, I'll be astonished really.

I think the $30 for the pre-order is extremely reasonable.
Maybe Krim was looking at final price?
TamDNR wrote: The pre-order program will run from now until June 30th and costs $29.00 USD. The final price for all others will be $79.00 upon release, so pre-order customers will save $50.00 USD off the final price of the software. Pre-order customers will receive a receipt for their purchase, an account on the DNR website and access to each beta version upon completion and notifications of when they are available. The first beta version will be available in approximately 10 days (6/21).
I dont think $70-$80 is too much for the finished bit, given all these crazy features being considered. Itll have to come through with em, but no reason to think it wont. And if you do wait you wont have to wonder. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Instruments”